What's new

China Begins to Lose Edge as World's Factory Floor

I am actually amazed by China's performance.

Salary level is much higher in China than in many other countries - Vietnam, India, Philippine etc. That's why people keep writing this kind of articles from several years ago.

But these countries still can not compete with China.

China must face it. Everything has its limitation, even economic growth. As I see it, China's economic productivity is not balance with its efficiency. Their goal is to produce bulk of products as fast as they can without considering the quality of their materials, in turn they have the big sales but only in one time, because buyers will no longer buy the same products for the second time because of the very low quality. Other countries must stick to the quality principles and not quantity. In the long run, economy that follows these principles will surpass any difficulties.

So, you think that people here in Europe who are used to sophisticated consumption have been stupid in the last 20 years (that's a whole generation), while poor consumers from some third world countries are more smart and consume top shelve products from developed countries. :lol:

Did you know that the label "Made in Germany" was once a sign of shoddy copycat products? It was introduced by Great Britain in the Merchandise Marks Act 1887 to counter German success and after WWII we conquered the world with this label. :)

125 years of 'Made in Germany' | Germany | DW.DE | 23.08.2012

Made in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

made in Germany

Götterdämmerung;3820666 said:
So, you think that people here in Europe who are used to sophisticated consumption have been stupid in the last 20 years (that's a whole generation), while poor consumers from some third world countries are more smart and consume top shelve products from developed countries. :lol:

Did you know that the label "Made in Germany" was once a sign of shoddy copycat products? It was introduced by Great Britain in the Merchandise Marks Act 1887 to counter German success and after WWII we conquered the world with this label. :)
Yay superman to the rescue :china:
Seriously I'm amazed at the lengths you'll go to protect the interests of the CN on this forum :pop:

Götterdämmerung;3820666 said:

125 years of 'Made in Germany' | Germany | DW.DE | 23.08.2012

Made in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

made in Germany

the "Made in Germany" mark severly hurt British manufacturers and boosted German exports to Britain by several folds - much to the dismay of British law makers. People simply loved cost efficient and good quality German products!

Seriously I'm amazed at the lengths you'll go to protect the interests of the CN on this forum :pop:

Are you jealous he's not trolling? He has shown that made in Germany was once seen as low quality products and inferior to British products. The lengths some Indians, Pinoys and Viets go defending each other and Japan is more amazing to me.

Are you jealous he's not trolling? He has shown that made in Germany was once seen as low quality products and inferior to British products. The lengths some Indians, Pinoys and Viets go defending each other and Japan is more amazing to me.
Is this supposed to be a joke, do you want me to troll(cause that's what you're implying) like him :azn:

You should be amazed at the length that I'll go to counter stupidity. ;)

So, is there anything wrong in what I wrote?

the "Made in Germany" mark severly hurt British manufacturers and boosted German exports to Britain by several folds - much to the dismay of British law makers. People simply loved cost efficient and good quality German products!

German products were actually quite shoddy till the Chicago World Fair in 1893. A correspondent wrote home that it was a desaster compared to products of other nations and that shocked Germany to the foundation and thus our companies started to invest in quality, innovation and design. But you have also to know that at that time Germany was already highly industrialised and it still took many decades after the Chicago shock to make "Made in Germany" into a hallmark of quality.

Götterdämmerung;3820745 said:
You should be amazed at the length that I'll go to counter stupidity. ;)

So, is there anything wrong in what I wrote?

German products were actually quite shoddy till the Chicago World Fair in 1893. A correspondent wrote home that it was a desaster compared to products of other nations and that shocked Germany to the foundation and thus our companies started to invest in quality, innovation and design. But you have also to know that at that time Germany was already highly industrialised and it still took many decades after the Chicago shock to make "Made in Germany" into a hallmark of quality.
Only some of it ! For one the Made in xxxx doesn't really matter anymore, corporations with a brand name & history in quality products are known & preferred by consumers the worldover, unless they want cheap stuff !

The CN are still not good at innovation, their best trait is still copying, & I can give you literally hundreds of examples where CN made products were imitations/refinements of world renowned stuff but none were first to market except some of Huawei(the only one I know of) wireless network dongles !

If you've got some CN innovations & CN only(native firms) stuff that beats the rest of the world feel free to prove me wrong :victory1:

Is this supposed to be a joke, do you want me to troll(cause that's what you're implying) like him :azn:

The joke is you and how far your stupidity continues depend on how stupid you can get. So far i have not implied you as a troll but if you feel i was talking about you then i cannot change how you feel.

Only some of it ! For one the Made in xxxx doesn't really matter anymore, corporations with a brand name & history in quality products are known & preferred by consumers the worldover, unless they want cheap stuff !

The CN are still not good at innovation, their best trait is still copying, & I can give you literally hundreds of examples where CN made products were imitations/refinements of world renowned stuff but none were first to market except some of Huawei(the only one I know of) wireless network dongles !

If you've got some CN innovations & CN only(native firms) stuff that beats the rest of the world feel free to prove me wrong :victory1:

The Japanese were also called copy cats by Westerners back in the 80's and early 90's.

What do you mean by "only some of it"?

The brands are still strongly associated with the country of origine. A Mercedes is not less a German products even if it's built in China.

Germany as well as Japan were know for being rampant copycats and lack of innovation.

I write this not to prop up China but rather to sent out a warning not to ridicule what China is doing, because we were not better when we started to conquer the world with our products.

India is not even at the stage to immitate but is already mocking China, which is absolute laughable given the historical evidence of Germany's and Japan's rise into the first league in industry.

The joke is you and how far your stupidity continues depend on how stupid you can get. So far i have not implied you as a troll but if you feel i was talking about you then i cannot change how you feel.

The Japanese were also called copy cats by Westerners back in the 80's and early 90's.
The first one depends on how you read the statement btw you've still got the emphasis wrong over there !

For the second part, Japanese were innovative since the 70's & a quick glance on google will give you the pioneering work from that part of the world back then ! You don't have to rely on western word to know where the Japanese stand, however with the CN I'd like to hear their inventions/innovation from yours truly :thank_you2:

Götterdämmerung;3820805 said:
What do you mean by "only some of it"?

The brands are still strongly associated with the country of origine. A Mercedes is not less a German products even if it's built in China.

Germany as well as Japan were know for being rampant copycats and lack of innovation.

I write this not to prop up China but rather to sent out a warning not to ridicule what China is doing, because we were not better when we started to conquer the world with our products.

India is not even at the stage to immitate but is already mocking China, which is absolute laughable given the historical evidence of Germany's and Japan's rise into the first league in industry.
Do I really have to spell the abc in that ?

A mercedes car is gonna be pretty much the same quality whether you build it in Ind/CN/Germany regardless of the location, that much I know & the implication was crystal clear ! However a car manufactured, hypothetically speaking, at the same plant in CN can be of lower quality especially if a local brand makes it ! This is how the world sees it, you don't have to go around asking for such opinion when we have the same user views here on the forum !

You don't have to be GOD to speak the truth also the majority vote counts & I say that the rest of the world feels the same ! If you can, disprove this myth with all your might :smokin:

Do I really have to spell the abc in that ?

A mercedes car is gonna be pretty much the same quality whether you build it in Ind/CN/Germany regardless of the location, that much I know & the implication was crystal clear ! However a car manufactured, hypothetically speaking, at the same plant in CN can be of lower quality especially if a local brand makes it ! This is how the world sees it, you don't have to go around asking for such opinion when we have the same user views here on the forum !

You don't have to be GOD to speak the truth also the majority vote counts & I say that the rest of the world feels the same ! If you can, disprove this myth with all your might :smokin:

The problem is most consumer electronics are already made in China, often 100 %. Look at Apple iPhones, there is no alternative and they are still regarded as top notch products not because they are made in China but they are Apple.

India? How can India be even in the equation when Indian products are not even known outside of India and some other developing countries with low purchasing power? If it's ever know, than it's rather as a laughing stock like the Tata Nano.

Why do I care what other users view on the current quality of Chinese products? If we go back 40 years (in Japan's case) and 100 years (in Germany's case) you would find the same opinions as the one china is receiving right now. So?

The development path and history of the US, Germany, Japan, SKorea and many other successful countries is prove enough.

Well china won't remain a factory of low/medium tech products forever. High tech industries would naturally take up more portions of its GDP with low tech industry outsourced. But china will still be the global factory of low & medium tech goods as they still have the vast western china with plenty of untapped potential, a 1.5 billion market & also they still have the best infrastructure & business friendly laws. It that sense it is a unique country more exceptional than rising US in the mid 1800s.

The first one depends on how you read the statement btw you've still got the emphasis wrong over there !

For the second part, Japanese were innovative since the 70's & a quick glance on google will give you the pioneering work from that part of the world back then ! You don't have to rely on western word to know where the Japanese stand, however with the CN I'd like to hear their inventions/innovation from yours truly :thank_you2:

Japanese were indeed innovative back in the 1970s but it was not until the middle of the 1980s when Japanese innovation was recognised and accepted here in Europe.

As a child I still remember how the adults talked about Japanese rice cooker on wheels (Japanese cars) and made all kinds of jokes. Later when Japanese cars became more successful they were ridiculed with a different kind of jokes, namely Japanese products as job killers for Germany.

There was a joke about the meaning of Mazda.

What does Mazda mean in German? the answer was: Mein Auto Zerstört Deutsche Arbeitsplätze (My car destroys German jobs).

Does that ring a bell?

It was not until Sony came up with the walkman in the 1980s that Japan became cool.

Back
Top Bottom