What's new

China Bans Stolen Russian Planes from Entering its Airspace

Aeroflot Plane

China banned all of Russia’s Airbuses and Boeings from entering its airspace.

China’s civil aviation authority banned Monday all of Russia’s Airbuses and Boeings from entering Chinese airspace — planes that were stolen from international lessors shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine back in February.

The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) made the decision based on a registration error that has placed the aircrafts’ legal status in limbo.

Essentially, the planes were found to be double registered — originally by their international lessors but again by Russia shortly after the country’s airlines absconded with them back in March.

Russia’s decision to invade Ukraine appears to have backfired on a number of fronts, especially considering the united wave of sanctions levied against them by the global community.

One such sanction from the EU banned the sale of aircraft and parts to Russian companies, denied access over EU airspace for Russian airlines, and called for the repossession of all planes leased to Russia by EU lessors.

In defiance, Russia’s aviation regulator recommended on March 5 that all Russian airlines with planes leased from foreign carriers, and not registered in Russia, return home immediately and not land anywhere overseas, lest the aircraft be detained and repossessed.

Before lessors caught wind of the plot, Russia had absconded with over 500 of their aircraft and had them tucked away in Russian hangars, forevermore out of reach. The planes were valued at over US$10 billion.

The Kremlin then sought to laugh in the face of Western sanctions by re-registering the planes under its own flag. But this illegal manoeuvre has created further problems for them.

Until China receives proof that the aircraft in question are now solely registered by Russia, the planes will no longer be allowed to fly over the country’s airspace.

Russia’s airlines are reeling from the ever-augmenting restrictions set against them by the international community in more ways than one.

Deemed persona non grata over the airspace of dozens of countries and denied access to international suppliers for spare parts, Russia appears beset on all sides and left to fend for itself.

So desperate is the country to keep its stolen planes operational that its prime minister, Mikhail Mishustin, lifted last month the safety regulations that outlined that only parts certified by the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or Transport Canada may be used for maintenance purposes, Aerotime Hub reported.

Additionally, the revisions permitted Russia’s airlines to re-register planes under their own flag, no doubt in an attempt to legitimize the country’s theft of the aircraft from their original lessors.

Mishustin’s actions spawned a number of safety concerns from several aviation institutions. A worst case scenario would see the planes fall right out of the sky due to undermined maintenance standards.

Earlier in April, the EU added 21 Russian airlines to its Air Safety List, effectively blacklisting them from its collective airspace over concerns that they did not meet international safety standards.

Transport Commissioner Adina Vălean noted that politics did not factor into the final decision, stating that “it has been taken solely on the basis of technical and safety grounds. We do not mix safety with politics.”

This blow was just one amongst many that Russia’s airline industry has suffered following the country’s invasion of Ukraine in February.

Additionally, Aeroflot—Russia’s flag carrier—saw its credit score consistently downgraded by the rating agency Fitch from a BB to a B- and eventually a CC, before its rating was withdrawn altogether by the end of March.

The restrictions placed upon the country’s airline sector, against the backdrop of escalating sanctions, “could impose insurmountable barriers to many Russian corporates’ ability to make timely payments” to international creditors, Fitch said in a statement.
Does this have something to do with flight safety standards?

Does this have something to do with flight safety standards?

I think a combination of that and the registration.

China doesn't want an incident where some nut hijacks a Russian plane and crashes it somewhere and when that country finds out the registration was questionable but was still allowed somehow to fly over Chinese airspace China doesn't want to get the finger of blame pointed at them.

Neither if some originally Russian plane has been found to use cannibalized parts from a seized plane to get working..but still crashed because the part was faulty or the wrong one.

Too much of a risk headache.

Last edited:
So your military, intelligence AND economic expert..

Any other expertise I missed?

I bet there is some dance forum out there where jhungary swears his PHD in lesbian dance theory, and his experience of teaching michael jackson the art of moonwalking qualifies him as an expert on the subject matter at hand...
What's that have to do with anything with it.

First of all, if you are dumb enough to not realise a College Degree in Politics usually attached with a Economics minor, that's your business. What I did in College and my subsequent job have been discussed and talked about by me and by someone else for a long time, there are no deviation what so ever from day 1.

If you have a problem, that's you, not me. A better way to try to make me look bad is to challenge what I said, not what I claim to be. Because it will only make you look stupid.

Also, I DID NOT CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT IN ECONOMY. As I said many time here, but you people seems to have a problem with it. Maybe in your world, you need to be an "Expert" to post comment on a Military Forum? I don't know what's this inferior complex culture is about.

Nope, you spoke like a Hongkie, your accent is pretty strong, not saying I am. Great in English. But boy that canto HK accent is damn strong and you kept on speaking Cantonese to me so. I tried my best to accommodate you. I know you are a half bred Chinese. Most likely your mom works in the bar when your dad met her in Dongguan.

Btw, everything is relative, you mean to say inflation rate is arbitrary and floats in the air? LOL. Last I spoke to you, you were still a college boy, not sure are you working now. 30% MEANs 30%, don't twist it as if US and the rest of teh world including China is not feeling the pain okay.

You cannot logic with these woke brats. They seriously think USA is the hero here. Fckers don't even realise USA started all these shit.
lol, I have that convo recorded, as with all Whatsapp conversation. You want me to play it on here? So everyone can judge?

I begin the call speaking Cantonese, and you speak Cantonese, or at least tried to, and then you can't take it, and we switch to English, and then you can't catch up and you ask me can you use Mandarin instead.

And last I speak to you, I was 37 years old, I am not a college boy, I was doing a MPhil In Strategic Study. And finally, your "recollection" to that conversion cannot be way off. My mum met my dad in Vietnam, she was not in Dongguan, she wasn't for the last 20 years before she met my dad.

Again, I have that, along with all my Whatsapp call recorded, if you are okay with it, I can post it here.

And lol, 30% is a lot? Again, it may be a lot if you cannot afford it, it's always like this, have or have not. For me, as I said the third time, I don't care, because I don't drive. I care about where I eat and how much it cost me to shop in Woolie or Coles more than how much I am paying for gas.

Keep calling me name and by-passing filter does not make your argument stronger, it just make you look like you are losing, since it make you looks like you are losing your cool LOL:lol::lol:

Last edited:
richest place under the sun,? it not bout money it about russia cutting off gas oil to desperate germany but russia is willing to give if in rubles. Germany should say fcuk off to nato look after its own interest, russia has resources and germany has high tech machines etc both benefit each other.

Russia is an enemy of Germany and whole of Europe. Without NATO Germany would be defenseless and next on russias list of invasions. Then its german citizens massacred like in Bucha.

Germany already signed a ban on russian oil. Russian gas will be off the table within a year and Germany now builds up its army finally. A 100 billion euro investment to counter russian agression.

Russia is an enemy of Germany and whole of Europe. Without NATO Germany would be defenseless and next on russias list of invasions. Then its german citizens massacred like in Bucha.

Germany already signed a ban on russian oil. Russian gas will be off the table within a year and Germany now builds up its army finally. A 100 billion euro investment to counter russian agression.

The paranoia and agggression has been planted by usa to destroy germany and russia trade. while usa sells germany some oil/gas and making money.

The paranoia and agggression has been planted by usa to destroy germany and russia trade. while usa sells germany some oil/gas and making money.

Russia attacked Ukraine and if it wins there will attack more and more. Russia is free to leave Ukraine, remove Putin regime to normalize relations. With putinist russia, peace is Impossible

Russia attacked Ukraine and if it wins there will attack more and more. Russia is free to leave Ukraine, remove Putin regime to normalize relations. With putinist russia, peace is Impossible
it was usa who overthrow pro russian ukraine government in 2014 and put in selenski and funded azov nazis who were attacking russian Ukrainians. nato encirclement is making russia react the way it is.

it was usa who overthrow pro russian ukraine government in 2014 and put in selenski and funded azov nazis who were attacking russian Ukrainians. nato encirclement is making russia react the way it is.

No, it was russia that ordered its muppet to break with Europe in 2014.

We will cook russia in Ukraine. They are the enemy and we cook them off, cut all ties and kill them off

No, it was russia that ordered its muppet to break with Europe in 2014.

We will cook russia in Ukraine. They are the enemy and we cook them off, cut all ties and kill them off

WE? whos we? you mean you will kill russian?

plz do not disturb the bear. they nuclear power their nukes can go around the globe many times meaning can reach anywhere. plz watch the movie day after, its about being nuked scary as hell and quite realistic.

Who gives Russians the rights to invade Ukraine? The international laws of nations (or in German: das Völkerrecht) give the legitimacy to other countries outside of the conflict to intervene.
NATO expansion and a bit of Russian imperialism, just like Vietnam was to Cambodia. Also gave China the right to intervene.

See now you're starting to get it.

Aeroflot Plane

China banned all of Russia’s Airbuses and Boeings from entering its airspace.

China’s civil aviation authority banned Monday all of Russia’s Airbuses and Boeings from entering Chinese airspace — planes that were stolen from international lessors shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine back in February.

The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) made the decision based on a registration error that has placed the aircrafts’ legal status in limbo.

Essentially, the planes were found to be double registered — originally by their international lessors but again by Russia shortly after the country’s airlines absconded with them back in March.

Russia’s decision to invade Ukraine appears to have backfired on a number of fronts, especially considering the united wave of sanctions levied against them by the global community.

One such sanction from the EU banned the sale of aircraft and parts to Russian companies, denied access over EU airspace for Russian airlines, and called for the repossession of all planes leased to Russia by EU lessors.

In defiance, Russia’s aviation regulator recommended on March 5 that all Russian airlines with planes leased from foreign carriers, and not registered in Russia, return home immediately and not land anywhere overseas, lest the aircraft be detained and repossessed.

Before lessors caught wind of the plot, Russia had absconded with over 500 of their aircraft and had them tucked away in Russian hangars, forevermore out of reach. The planes were valued at over US$10 billion.

The Kremlin then sought to laugh in the face of Western sanctions by re-registering the planes under its own flag. But this illegal manoeuvre has created further problems for them.

Until China receives proof that the aircraft in question are now solely registered by Russia, the planes will no longer be allowed to fly over the country’s airspace.

Russia’s airlines are reeling from the ever-augmenting restrictions set against them by the international community in more ways than one.

Deemed persona non grata over the airspace of dozens of countries and denied access to international suppliers for spare parts, Russia appears beset on all sides and left to fend for itself.

So desperate is the country to keep its stolen planes operational that its prime minister, Mikhail Mishustin, lifted last month the safety regulations that outlined that only parts certified by the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or Transport Canada may be used for maintenance purposes, Aerotime Hub reported.

Additionally, the revisions permitted Russia’s airlines to re-register planes under their own flag, no doubt in an attempt to legitimize the country’s theft of the aircraft from their original lessors.

Mishustin’s actions spawned a number of safety concerns from several aviation institutions. A worst case scenario would see the planes fall right out of the sky due to undermined maintenance standards.

Earlier in April, the EU added 21 Russian airlines to its Air Safety List, effectively blacklisting them from its collective airspace over concerns that they did not meet international safety standards.

Transport Commissioner Adina Vălean noted that politics did not factor into the final decision, stating that “it has been taken solely on the basis of technical and safety grounds. We do not mix safety with politics.”

This blow was just one amongst many that Russia’s airline industry has suffered following the country’s invasion of Ukraine in February.

Additionally, Aeroflot—Russia’s flag carrier—saw its credit score consistently downgraded by the rating agency Fitch from a BB to a B- and eventually a CC, before its rating was withdrawn altogether by the end of March.

The restrictions placed upon the country’s airline sector, against the backdrop of escalating sanctions, “could impose insurmountable barriers to many Russian corporates’ ability to make timely payments” to international creditors, Fitch said in a statement.
This should not be China's area of concern, it is a civil dispute between Russia and suppliers. It is strange for China CAAC to make such a decision.

WE? whos we? you mean you will kill russian?

plz do not disturb the bear. they nuclear power their nukes can go around the globe many times meaning can reach anywhere. plz watch the movie day after, its about being nuked scary as hell and quite realistic.

Putin is a pathetic weakling. His children are all in EU. He saved his little yacht. He bluffs. 🙂👍

Back
Top Bottom