What's new

China Automobile Industry, Technology (NEV, Driverless, etc): News & Images

Yes that is a fair point Xunzi, I was going to make it myself actually. And it's not just vehicles that can be used to demonstrate the point.

Just off topic for a moment, who is your avatar pic?

That was debuted in 2015, my friend. Now I consider you for a fair voice in here, much better than those Indian who we all know their country doesn't have any global brand to be discuss so their obvious jealousy is to be understand. So let talk.

Let me ask you, why do you think Chinese brand is being target by the West media? I don't mind if Chinese brand get accused of copying if there is a apparaent fairness in the treatment to all copycat but why Chinese brand is being single out the most. You want to talk about copy, then tell me what is the difference between these cars brand.

2012 Honda Civic
2012-honda-civic-ex-coupe-front-three-quarter1.jpg

2012 Kia Forte
2012_kia_forte_sedan_sx_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

Mitsubishi i-MIEV
mitsubishi-i-miev-13.jpg

tata-nano.jpg

(in case people wondering, that our friend Indian Tata car) LOLOL

Bentley Mulsanne
1200px-Bentley_Mulsanne_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%286%29%2C_30._August_2011%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

Chrysler 300

1200px-2011_Chrysler_300C.jpg

Ford Edge
2015-Ford-Edge-front-three-quarter-in-motion-09.jpg

Range Rover Evoque
2016-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-front-three-quarters-03.jpg

LOLOL

So my friend, please explain to me why these countries car don't get accuse of copying??

Why? Because the success of China will prove that the western democracy is not "the end of history", which directly challenges the very core of their value system that West has been preaching to the rest of world for a couple of hundred years. So everything about China must be under the most strict scrutiny.

They can't bear the thought that China Model is actually becoming a viable alternative to western democracy.

Let them fight over cows, let them bitch about China all they want. China has more important things to do. :china:
I am really pleased to see that country is dominated by religious racists.

Why? Because the success of China will prove that the western democracy is not "the end of history", which directly challenges the very core of their value system that West has been preaching to the rest of world for a couple of hundred years. So everything about China must be under the most strict scrutiny.

They can't bear the thought that China Model is actually becoming a viable alternative to western democracy.
Western democracy is destroying developing countries.

Yes that is a fair point Xunzi, I was going to make it myself actually. And it's not just vehicles that can be used to demonstrate the point.

Just off topic for a moment, who is your avatar pic?
I think we all know the reason why cars nowadays are getting very similar. It has to do with CAD design standardization. The fact of the matter is the Chinese manufacturers are very aggressive in term of producing new car and thus some of the emerging car brands (even we don't know ourselves) are introducing cars and this small local guys got flag by Western media because of the western car industry fear of competition in China. Basically they are ganging up against the local Chinese car player to protect their business interest in China rather than accusing their foreign peers of copying one another.

Search up the name on google.

Like I said, the motive behind western scrutiny is very clear but we should take their criticism and improve upon the design. I also think the Chinese govt needs to do more to protect the big brand like BYD and such from the local small quick profit car manufacturers as well.

I'm not making any judgement on Chinese vehicle manufacturers myself, but what you're overlooking is the perception of poor quality control and derivative designs (true or not).

Consumers in vehicle markets demonstrate a high degree of brand loyalty, I myself for example have purchased only one German brand of vehicle for over 25 years. To entice consumers to switch vehicle brands can be difficult, how should Chinese manufacturers address this and other barriers?

You mean the German car company that cheated customer over the emission data? Such poor ethics.

There is a concept in business strategy called industry convergence, where the gradual homogenization of products within an industry is caused by use of common suppliers, use of common sub-contractors, use of common outsourcing and use of other common resources. CAD is one such resource.

To avoid industry convergence whilst remaining competitive in a global market is increasingly difficult, the automotive industry is one example.

You mean the German car company that cheated customer over the emission data? Such poor enthnic.

No, I buy BMW, but I'm sure if I looked hard enough they too would have probably pulled a fast one at some point.

Like I said, the motive behind western scrutiny is very clear but we should take their criticism and improve upon the design. I also think the Chinese govt needs to do more to protect the big brand like BYD and such from the local small quick profit car manufacturers as well.

You want China to be a good boy or "responsible member of international community", but they can always use "human right" issue to whip you. Chinese government has been taking IP issue very seriously, but it doesn't hurt to deprive those loudest mouths from accessing Chinese market, that's how China nurtured Baidu, Alibaba, Weibo, Wechat to compete with Google, Amazon, Twitter, FB, etc.

China's auto industry is following the same path of development as Japanese/Korean cars. However, they have one main advantage over their rivals= China's growing consumer class. The huge amount of capital gained in China's market allows them to invest heavily in R & D and to sell cheaper in overseas markets. Chinese are rich now, did you know Furious 7 made $390 million there? One day, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Look at Alibaba, Lenovo, Huawei and Xiaomi, these companies were mocked as Made In China crap and are now leaders in their technological field.

China targets 35 million vehicle sales by 2025, NEVs to make up one-fifth
Reuters April 25, 2017

2017-04-25T042534Z_1_LYNXMPED3O069_RTROPTP_2_CHINA-FLASH-PMI.JPG

An employee checks newly-assembled electric cars to be exported to South America at an electric vehicle factory in Zouping county, Shandong province September 24, 2013. REUTERS/China Daily

BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China is targeting 35 million vehicle sales by 2025 and wants new energy vehicles (NEVs) to make up at least one-fifth of that total, the industry ministry said on Tuesday.

The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology said in a market "road map" that China's urbanization drive and the overseas expansion of its automakers would help drive annual vehicle sales up around 25 percent from last year's total.

Automakers in China, the world's largest automobile market with sales of 28 million vehicles in 2016, are increasingly pushing into electric and hybrid vehicles to meet stringent new government quotas.

Sales of new energy vehicles should reach 2 million by 2020 and account for more than 20 percent of total vehicle production and sales by 2025, the ministry said. That implied annual NEV sales of over 7 million within the next decade.

Green energy car sales have risen dramatically on the back of government policies, but still represented less than 2 percent of China's overall auto market last year.

The government body also said it would push to create local champions in the industry who would be increasingly competitive with overseas rivals in China as well as in overseas markets.

"The quality of Chinese brand vehicles has clearly risen, while brand recognition, reputation and global influence are much stronger," the MIIT said. "By 2025, we should have some Chinese vehicle brands that are in the global Top 10 by sales."

China's domestic automakers, including SAIC and Geely Automobile Holdings Co, are already challenging better-known global rivals with new models and marketing strategies.

MIIT added it would look to loosen rules on foreign joint ventures in the market. Currently, overseas carmakers, such as General Motors or Nissan Motor Co, are limited to a 50 percent state in a China JV.

"We will loosen joint venture ownership restrictions in an orderly manner," MIIT said, without elaborating about a time frame or what stake foreign carmakers may be able to own.

The ministry added that Chinese carmakers would also look to increase exports to developed nations over the next decade, and improve battery technology for electric vehicles.

(Reporting by Beijing Monitoring Desk and Adam Jourdan in SHANGHAI; Editing by Randy Fabi)

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/china-ta...n-energy-vehicles-2020-032541890--sector.html

GAC begins building $6b industrial park for NEVs
By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou | China Daily | Updated: 2017-04-28

a41f726b08411a6cc6990a.jpg

Guangzhou Automobile Group's logo is pictured at its booth during the Auto China 2016 auto show in Beijing, April 26, 2016.[Photo/Agencies]

Guangzhou Automobile Group, a major automobile manufacturer based in Guangdong province, said it had begun construction of a large industrial park for new energy and intelligent connectivity vehicles, aiming to boost its business amid the booming domestic demand for the environmentally friendly cars.

"Development of new energy vehicles, connected with intelligent technology, and unmanned vehicles, will be an industrial trend in the next five to 10 years. We will make great efforts to meet the market change," said Feng Xingya, general manager of GAC Group.

GAC Group, a Fortune 500-listed company, will develop the industrial park in Guangzhou's Panyu district, which consists of manufacturing, core auto parts and leading technological research of new energy cars, according to Feng.

"By building the intelligent industrial park, we are aiming to become the industrial leader in manufacturing of new energy vehicles," said Feng.

With a designed area of about 5 million square meters and an investment of more than 45 billion yuan ($6.52 billion), the industrial park will feature smart manufacturing, innovative technology research and development of an ecological town.

Construction of the first phase of the industrial park will be finished by the end of 2018, with a designed production capacity of 200,000 new energy vehicles a year, according to the company.

"We will join hands with industrial leaders in the new energy vehicle sector to facilitate development of the industrial park," said Feng.

By the end of 2025, construction of the industrial park will be completely finished, according to Feng.

The development of new energy cars is part of China's strategic industrial plans and the domestic demand for new energy vehicles has kept growing in recent years, with estimated sales of about 2 million units by 2020, according to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

In March alone, production of sales of new energy vehicles reached 33,015 units and 31,120 units respectively, increasing 30.9 percent and 35.6 percent year-on-year, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers.

According to Yu, GAC Motor, a subsidiary of the GAC Group, will launch four new varieties of new energy cars in 2017.

"After big sales of traditional vehicles in recent years, we are positioning ourselves to develop more new energy cars in the near future," said Yu.

GAC Motor, which was founded in 2008, focuses on research and development of homegrown vehicles. It sold more than 380,000 cars in 2016, a year-on-year increase of 96 percent, making it become one of the fastest-growing domestic brands.

Chen Shihua, assistant secretary general of China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, said domestic automobile manufacturer's shift to development of new energy vehicles will help create sustainable business growth.

"As the core technologies for new energy cars including batteries, electric motors and controlling improve, there will be a booming market demand for high-quality new energy vehicles," said Chen.

FAW to have 32 distributors in Russia
Xinhua, May 1, 2017

b8aeed966f0c1a70d41503.jpg

FAW's Besturn X80 [File photo]

China's oldest automaker FAW will have 32 distributors in Russia by the end of this year, said the company on Sunday.

Currently the group has 22 distributors in Russia, selling Vita V2 and V5, as well as Besturn B50. It recently launched its first SUV in Russia, the Besturn X80.

Wang Zhijian, president of the FAW Group Import and Export Co. Ltd believes that the launch could push up sales and attract more distributors.

"Russia has always been FAW's strategic market," he said. "The launch of Besturn X80 will enhance the influence of FAW brands in Russia."

FAW began talks with Russian auto manufacturer Avtoto in 2015 for local assembly. Besturn X80 is also FAW's first auto assembled in Russia.

http://www.china.org.cn/business/2017-05/01/content_40723466.htm

Top 10 best-selling domestic automobile enterprises
By Xu Lin

The most intensive competition in China's automobile market is among domestic vehicles, instead of joint venture cars. According to statistics, there are over 100 domestic vehicle brands selling cars in the market, a lot more than the number of main-stream car brands in the world.

China Association of Automobile Manufacturers has recently released the ranking of China's automobile enterprises by the sales of their vehicles in Q1, 2017.

The top 10 of them had combined sales of 3.06 million units of vehicles from January to March this year, accounting for 81.98 percent of the total sales of domestic vehicles.

Read on to find out the top 10 best-selling domestic automobile enterprises.

Guangzhou Automobile Group

Guangzhou Automobile Group [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 121,700 units

Headquarters: Guangzhou, Guangdong Province

Chery [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 145,400 units

Headquarters: Wuhu, Anhui Province

FAW Group [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 155,100 units

Headquarters: Changchun, Jilin Province

JAC [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 155,500 units

Headquarters: Hefei, Anhui Province

Great Wall Motor [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 254,200 units

Headquarters: Baoding, Hebei Province

Geely Holding Group [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 284,700 units

Headquarters: Wuhan, Hubei Province

BAIC Group [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 304,500 units

Headquarters: Beijing

Dongfeng Motor Group [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 382,800 units

Headquarters: Wuhan, Hubei Province

China Chang'an Automobile Group [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 541,000 units

Headquarters: Beijing

SAIC Motor [File photo]

Sales in Q1: 713,100 units

Headquarters: Shanghai

http://www.china.org.cn/top10/2017-05/05/content_40745643_10.htm

China’s Beijing WKW Automotive Parts Co. is betting on the future of electric mobility in Germany with a billion-euro factory nearby plants owned by Volkswagen AG and BMW AG.

Beijing WKW will invest as much as 1.13 billion euros ($1.24 billion) on an electric car factory in the eastern state of Saxony that will create over 1,000 new jobs, according to a statement by the regional government on Thursday. Saxony courted WKW to set up manufacturing in the state to produce “premium” electric cars, according to the statement.

“Saxony is already a car state and we want that to remain so in the future,” regional Economy Minister Martin Dulig said. WKW hopes to benefit from a “Made in Germany” cachet for marketing its cars, Ministry spokesman Marco Henkel said by telephone on Thursday. WKW hasn’t requested state aid, he said.

The Chinese company’s investment is occurring just as German carmakers gear up to boost production of electric vehicles. Saxony is already home to plants owned by Volkswagen and BMW. WKW will benefit from proximity to about 750 car part suppliers in the region, according to the statement.

Volkswagen has production sites in Zwickau and Chemnitz in the Saxony, while Porsche SE builds it Cayenne, Macan and Panamera models in Leipzig. BMW says it has one of its most modern plants in the same city, where it’s built electric cars since 2013.

Saxony Automakers

Source: government of Saxony

Beijing WKW, 25 percent owned by Germany’s WKW Erbsloh Automotive GmbH, will invest through its subsidiary Delon Automotive GmbH to develop and manufacture the vehicles, according to company filing on Wednesday. Calls to the company’s investor relations department are not answered outside of regular office hours.

Wuppertal-based WKW-Erbsloeh Automotive GmbH won’t be providing financing for the project in Saxony, company spokeswoman Monika Kocks said by phone on Thursday.

The announcement was met with skepticism by German automotive analyst Ferdinand Dudenhoeffer from the University of Duisburg-Essen’s Center for Automotive Research.WKW is a medium-sized parts supplier without the competency to build cars and German wage levels are prohibitive, according to the analyst

“It’s very hard to imagine innovative design coming from the plan,” Dudenhoeffer said. “This is a big announcement but will it ever see the light of day? I have my doubts.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lion-on-electric-cars-in-volkswagen-s-germany

nio ep nrburgring lap record nurburgring

The quickest street-legal car to lap the Nürburgring is electric.

The initial batch of six EP9 production cars was reserved for company investors, but Nio plans to build a second batch of 10 cars for the general public, priced at $1.48 million each. It’s unclear whether any of these cars will actually make it to the U.S., but Nio does plan to have a presence here in the future.

Back
Top Bottom