What's new

China Airlines to buy 16 Boeing 787s in $4.6bn deal

You may read about "standards" I lived them..and yes certifications take time no issue there...if you spend few days on a flight test environment you realize that fast...

Thanks for the info on COMAC . Something I was not aware .
Thats because US and EU monopolise these standards and make it hard for new comers to get certified, hence they can maintain a duopoly. ARJ21 was stagnated for 10 years due to this.

Because China cannot force anyone to buy their airplanes, or any product for that matter. I can tell from your tone that you are hostile to the West. But I can also tell that you know little about aviation so am going to be nice in response to you.

For the airplane, there is the certification process involved. Certification means standards. It means that the rest of the world is uncertain about Chinese designed/built airplanes. There is nothing wrong with this. Before the USAF, I learned how to fly in a Cessna 152. If Cessna have a newer version of this venerable little airplane, it still must go thru the same certification process as anything Boeing or Airbus or Bombardier produce. For passengers, essentially the most precious of all cargo, the Western countries have a history in aviation literally from the start of aviation. China does not. It means the standards today came from Western aviation, not China. That does not mean Chinese aviation will not succeed. I said 'will not', not 'cannot'. Technically speaking, there is no barrier for China, but trust take time and this is where the 'will not' come in. China proved they CAN design and build a functional airplane. Now it will take time before the 'will not trust' turns into 'will trust'. And no one can force that time.
The C919 has now received 1015 orders, and the production rate has reached 150 units per year.

Yes, C919 has not obtained airworthiness certificates from Europe and the USA, but it has obtained orders from some third world countries.

There are Airbus in Europe and Boeing in the USA. It is impossible for them to issue airworthiness certificates to C919. The expected market of C919 does not have Europe and the United States.

Even if the C919 only has the Chinese market, it is enough to make it grow into a company of the same level as Airbus & Boeing.

Yes I already got that sorted out..but the question of why China does not develop a domestic commercial airliner is still outstanding in my mind..care to elaborate on that please.

China has its own domestic passenger aircraft, the largest of which is C919. In addition, there are ARJ21, ma600, ma700, Y10, Y12 and other models.

However, these aircraft have no airworthiness certificates from Europe and the USA and can only be used in third world countries.

You may read about "standards" I lived them..and yes certifications take time no issue there...if you spend few days on a flight test environment you realize that fast...

Thanks for the info on COMAC . Something I was not aware .
When I was active duty, F-111 (Cold War) then F-16 (Desert Storm), we have different standards and certifications.

Yes, C919 has not obtained airworthiness certificates from Europe and the USA, but it has obtained orders from some third world countries.

Even if the C919 only has the Chinese market, it is enough to make it grow into a company of the same level as Airbus & Boeing.
The best is usually demonstrated by how many uses it, right? In this case, it is not by how many inside the Chinese market but how many outside.

Back
Top Bottom