What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Khan is a surname of nobility isn’t it!?
Ya3ni oddek bengali, Indian, Pakistani raj familir lok lmao xD
Hardly a "Nobility" my friend. Those were burried with the feudal system 70 years ago. Nowadays it's just another name.

Fun part is the area I am from is named after my forefather too. lol. :rofl:

If you are interested in the Muslim namesake issue and expansion of Islam in Bengal you can read this book by Richard M. Eaton. Extremely Good read.

The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204–1760

Regards.

Last edited:
Hardly a "Nobility" my friend. Those were burried with the feudal system 70 years ago. Nowadays it's just another name.

If you are interested in the Muslim name issue and expansion of Islam in Bengal you can read this book by Richard M. Eaton. Extremely Good read.

The Rise of Islam and the Bengal
Frontier, 1204–1760

Regards.

I have read that book couple years back. Very informative and probably the only one that explains the process of Bengal becoming Muslim majority in an organized manner.

Btw, it is actually a blessing in Bangladesh that castes don't really matter for Muslims here, unlike in Punjab/Sindh in Pakistan, and most of India.

If you are interested in the Muslim name issue and expansion of Islam in Bengal you can read this book by Richard M. Eaton. Extremely Good read.

The Rise of Islam and the Bengal
Frontier, 1204–1760

Regards.
Thanks man :)

I have read that book couple years back. Very informative and probably the only one that explains the process of Bengal becoming Muslim majority in an organized manner.

Btw, it is actually a blessing in Bangladesh that castes don't really matter for Muslims here, unlike in Punjab/Sindh in Pakistan, and most of India.
Mostly with Hinduism nowadays.

Last edited:
@Mage @Shorisrip
Check it out

Animation studio led by Japanese man aims to be Bangladesh's 'Studio Ghibli'

Sounds neat, given large portions of the world are jumping to computer animation while skipping traditional. Though becoming another country's Studio Ghibli would be a rather difficult goal.

Speaking of which, has anyone here seen this film?

https://dhallywire.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/bangladesh-to-make-its-first-animated-film-dreamstage/

Oh neat, I've read of this Japanese dude who's inspiring local anime before.

Also, the story of some local cartoons are pretty good. "Murgi keno Mutant" has a pretty good concept, and is a cartoon made by a local studio.

Bangladesh, actually has immense potential, in having a "manga/anime cultural revolution" since much of the talent is there. Bengali novel/story writers are very adept, the country has good artists and can create animators. People just need to get rid of stupid beliefs like manga/anime are for little children. Imagine, the level of manga/anime consumption in Bangladesh like that of Japan 8-)

Last edited:
Oh neat, I've read of this Japanese dude who's inspiring local anime before.

Also, the story of some local cartoons are pretty good. "Murgi keno Mutant" has a pretty good concept, and is a cartoon made by a local studio.

Concept does seem cool, but it looks like it was made in flash, hence the choppy animation. We've got a long way to go before we reach Ghilbi levels of animation.

Bangladesh, actually has immense potential, in having a "manga/anime cultural revolution" since much of the talent is there. Bengali novel/story writers are very adept, the country has good artists and can create animators. People just need to get rid of stupid beliefs like manga/anime are for little children. Imagine, the level of manga/anime consumption in Bangladesh like that of Japan 8-)
Finding writers and artists certainly won't be difficult in BD, but finding and funding animators is the hard part. Traditional animation as a whole is cheaper than 3D, but it requires much more effort. Things like this would definitely require government support if we want to make our own kinds of anime films and series. But as far as manga/comics, I think we're making good progress on that field. :tup:

Last edited:
@Mage @Shorisrip
Check it out

Animation studio led by Japanese man aims to be Bangladesh's 'Studio Ghibli'

Sounds neat, given large portions of the world are jumping to computer animation while skipping traditional. Though becoming another country's Studio Ghibli would be a rather difficult goal.

Speaking of which, has anyone here seen this film?

https://dhallywire.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/bangladesh-to-make-its-first-animated-film-dreamstage/

Studio Ghibli is not possible without another Hayao Miyazaki

I used to think so as well. But there is some serious problem with our entertainment industry. From 1980-2000 almost all the Bangla movie from Bangladesh had identical story line. Also I don't think we have many cartoonist with story writing ability who are willing to go that way as the current market is non-existent. China and Korea have come a long way in that matter in past few years. Especially some Korean Manhwas are really good. But I don't see something similar happen to Bangladesh. When our kids only watch doraemon and that too in Hindi.

We have a Bangladeshi as one of the world's leading animators, and there is plenty of VFX talent locally with actual CGI experience, all they need is investments, seed capital and outlets to the major animation studios.

We have a Bangladeshi as one of the world's leading animators, and there is plenty of VFX talent locally with actual CGI experience, all they need is investments, seed capital and outlets to the major animation studios.

Impressive stuff, however he's not going to be exactly helpful in traditionally animated films. Still props to this guy for his work in fluid animation. Which is particularly difficult to create in a computer animation system but he nailed it.

His resume is impressive too, a lot of the movies he's worked on are pretty great on a technical level.

29196597_2114485425232324_7037008090033553408_n.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom