What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

How is it like working/living in Bangladesh for foreign nationals? Some GIZ (German Govt. organization) staff provide comments.

Lamia Mowla, Bangladesh-origin technologist, who worked on the James Webb Telescope project, talks about where James Webb Telescope is and how it is different from the Hubble telescope and how much of an improvement it will make in observing infrared waves (Ovolohito Alo) to photograph space.

295064324_10228477760991743_6302652015398955683_n.jpg

পাকিস্তান হতে কত দেরি পাঞ্জেরি!

View attachment 864021

পাকিস্তান হতে কত দেরি পাঞ্জেরি!

Onek deri.

We just need to keep up improving exports - which did see increases of 60% YOY.

Work orders will come back (with a vengeance), inflation and raw material costs will go down. We have been through tough times before.

The entire world is reeling from the same effects as we are.

Insha-Allah Pakistan will normalize too. They have strong economic fundamentals.

Four young women from four countries (including Wasfia Nazreen of Bangladesh) scale the peak of K2 in Pakistan.

Just for fun, I thought I make a profile at BDjobs.com and browse around the job market in Bangladesh

I really feel sorry for fresh graduates in Bangladesh. So many applicants, so few positions, and salaries are essentially a race to the bottom as a result. If you don't have lots of money, connections influential parents, your chances of getting a decent career, irrespective of the educational outcome, can be left to the randomness of the universe in a place like Bangladesh.

It's not surprising why all major NGOs and research institutions are highlighting how social mobility is going backward in Bangladesh. At least in the olden days, someone from a poor background had some chance of social mobility.

They can't even write a decent job description. Most of them are full of typos, grammatical errors, and hilarious spelling mistakes (bechelar instead of Bachelor's, Machanical instead of Mechanical, etc, etc). Yet they want to hire a top-glass graduate who must perform every task from the get-go (because of F*ck training and development)...

Can someone also explain why a lot of positions explicitly say "males only"?

Last edited:
Just for fun, I thought I make a profile at BDjobs.com and browse around the job market in Bangladesh

I really feel sorry for fresh graduates in Bangladesh. So many applicants, so few positions, and salaries are essentially a race to the bottom as a result. If you don't have lots of money, connections influential parents, your chances of getting a decent career, irrespective of the educational outcome, can be left to the randomness of the universe in a place like Bangladesh.

It's not surprising why all major NGOs and research institutions are highlighting how social mobility is going backward in Bangladesh. At least in the olden days, someone from a poor background had some chance of social mobility.

They can't even write a decent job description. Most of them are full of typos, grammatical errors, and hilarious spelling mistakes (bechelar instead of Bachelor's, Machanical instead of Mechanical, etc, etc). Yet they want to hire a top-glass graduate who must perform every task from the get-go (because of F*ck training and development)...

Can someone also explain why a lot of positions explicitly say "males only"?

The language aptitude levels (in English especially) in Bangladesh are quite low. One of the primary reasons why Indian resume-fakers keep getting jobs in Bangladesh on that qualification alone. I mean emails are an essential part of business.

Sheikh Mujib's converting official communication to Bangla starting in the seventies did a lot of damage for three decades. Doofus "chetona" move and the effects linger on even today.

People should be motivated to learn English nowadays, some rickshaw-pullers in Gulshan speak better English than some BA graduates I know. Amazing you say? Not really. Speaking it is easy, writing (correctly) is the tough part.

Fresh graduates from major towns with "connections" will always get the top entry level jobs - family connections in feudal fashion is where it's at, just like in most 2nd or 3rd world countries.

The talented ones with no connections will leave for either Canada or the US.

Mofussil town talents will strive for govt. jobs like BCS or in private NGO's which are actually aplenty.

Salary levels may be low, but they are still WAYYYY BETTER than the country next door. Google it and you will see.

I found out how to cure what ails some of the vindeshi trolls here,

কোষ্ঠকাঠিন্যের, পাইলসের সমস্যা, এক আপেলে দ্রুত সমাধান

Otilia charms in crimson sari​

Arts & Entertainment Desk
Sun Jul 24, 2022 04:40 PM Last update on: Sun Jul 24, 2022 04:47 PM

Romanian singer Otilia Brumă performed in ICCB in the capital yesterday, as part of the launching of a cell phone. The singer made videos on "Bilionera" with local artistes as well.

The singer recently posted a picture of her in a stunning crimson maslin sari, with an elegant black sleeveless blouse. Her natural blonde curls shone through, with her endearing outfit.

Fans went gaga over the post on social media.

otilendra.jpg

Otilia is famous for her song "Bilionera", which became a global sensation upon its release in 2014. The music video for the song has over 550 million views on YouTube.

After her hit song "Bilionera", Otilia released another track "Prisionera" which also became popular among her fans.

Otilia to perform in Dhaka today​

Arts & Entertainment Desk
Sat Jul 23, 2022 04:41 PM Last update on: Sat Jul 23, 2022 04:48 PM

Romanian singer Otilia Brumă is all set to perform live in ICCB tonight, as part of the launching of Nokia G21, the latest phone from the company. The singer is currently staying at Le Méridien Dhaka, and spending her time making Tiktok videos on "Bilionera" with various artists.
otilia_sleep.jpg

She posted videos and pictures of her travelling to Dhaka along with her mother, yesterday.

1658987732252.png

"After 13 hours of flight, I finally landed in Dhaka! I can't wait to meet you at the concert," the post read.

Otilia is famous for her song "Bilionera", which became a global sensation upon its release in 2014. The music video for the song has over 550 million views on YouTube.

During a video message, Otilia said, "I am so happy to announce that I will come to Dhaka, Bangladesh for the first time in an event organised by Rendezvous. So, see you on 23rd July."

After her hit song "Bilionera", Otilia released another track "Prisionera" which also became popular among her fans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My God these kids need to get married....

PXL_20220730_093420184.jpg

Directorate General of Family Planning started to distribute micronutrient powder to various slam areas of Bangladesh for free.

This is entertaining I thought, BNP is doing stand up comedy nowadays....

দড়ি ধরে মারো টান, রাজা হবে খানখান: ফখরুল​

default_fallback.jpg

স্টার অনলাইন রিপোর্ট
শনিবার, জুলাই ৩০, ২০২২ ০৩:২১ অপরাহ্ন
ছবি: সংগৃহীত
" style="box-sizing: inherit;">
phkhrul.jpg

ছবি: সংগৃহীত
আওয়ামী লীগ সরকার পতনে দেশবাসীকে ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়ার আহ্বান জানিয়ে বিএনপি মহাসচিব মির্জা ফখরুল ইসলাম আলমগীর বলেছেন, হীরক রাজার দেশে আপনারা দেখেছেন, অত্যাচারি ফ্যাসিস্ট সরকারকে থামাতে হলে দড়ি ধরে মারো টান, রাজা হবে খানখান। আসুন আমরা সেই লক্ষ্যে এক হয়ে দড়ি ধরে মারি টান। মারি ধাক্কা, এই সরকারের পতন হবে।
বিদ্যুতের লোডশেডিং ও জ্বালানি অব্যবস্থাপনার প্রতিবাদে আজ শনিবার দুপুরে জাতীয় প্রেসক্লাবের সামনে আয়োজিত বিক্ষোভ সমাবেশে তিনি এ কথা বলেন।

সর্বশেষ খবর দ্য ডেইলি স্টার বাংলার গুগল নিউজ চ্যানেলে।

ঢাকা মহানগর দক্ষিণ বিএনপি এ কর্মসূচির আয়োজন করে।
ফখরুল বলেন, দড়ি ধরে মারো টান, রাজা হবে খানখান। এই সরকার যদি ক্ষমতায় থাকে তাহলে এই দেশের যে স্বপ্ন, সেই স্বপ্ন ধ্বংস হয়ে যাবে। আমরা এ দেশের মানুষ যারা আজকে ৫০ বছর পরে স্বাধীনতার সুবর্ণজয়ন্তী পালন করি, আমরা আশা করেছিলাম গণতান্ত্রিক দেশ পাব। আমরা আশা করেছিলাম, অর্থনৈতিক সমৃদ্ধি এখানে আসবে। সব কিছুকে এই আওয়ামী লীগ তাদের চুরি, ডাকাতি এবং লোভের কারণে ধ্বংস করে দিয়েছে। কর্তৃত্ববাদী শাসক সব ধ্বংস করে দিয়েছে। বিচার ব্যবস্থাকে ধ্বংস করেছে, ব্যাংকিং ব্যবস্থা একদম রসাতলে চলে গেছে। এর থেকে দেশকে আমাদের টেনে তুলতে হবে।
তিনি বলেন, বিএনপি হচ্ছে সেই দল, যে দল জনগণের দল। যে দল জনগণকে স্বপ্ন দেখায়। নিঃসন্দেহে আমরা আন্দোলনে জয়লাভ করে, যদি সরকার পতন করতে পারি আমরা অবশ্যই সত্যিকার অর্থে দেশকে জনগণের রাষ্ট্রে পরিণত করবো। আমাদের শপথ নিতে হবে, আমরা সবাই ভয়াবহ, দানব, ফ্যাসিস্ট সরকারের পতনে একদফা এক দাবি।

হাজার বছর আগে খনা বলে গেছেন, রাজার দোষে রাজ্য নষ্ট, প্রজা কষ্ট পায়। এই যে আমরা কষ্ট পাচ্ছি, এর জন্য দায়ী শেখ হাসিনার সরকার। হীরক রাজার দেশে আপনারা দেখেছেন, অত্যাচারি ফ্যাসিস্ট সরকারকে থামাতে হলে দড়ি ধরে মারো টান, রাজা হবে খানখান। আসুন আমরা সেই লক্ষ্যে এক হয়ে দড়ি ধরে মারি টান। মারি ধাক্কা, এই সরকারের পতন হবে—বলেন ফখরুল।

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pull the rope, the replica of the king will be in pieces: Fakhrul

The Star Online reports
Saturday, July 30, 2022 03:21 PM
Photo: Collected
" style="box-sizing: inherit;">phkhrul.jpg

Photo: Collected
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir called upon the countrymen to unite in the fall of the Awami League government and said, "You have seen in the land of the diamond king (a Satyajit Ray movie), if you want to stop the tyrannical fascist government, pull the rope and the king will be in pieces." Let's pull the rope together for that goal. Treatment of shock, this government will fall.

He said this at a protest rally organized in front of the National Press Club on Saturday afternoon in protest against electricity load shedding and energy mismanagement.

Dhaka Metropolitan South BNP organized this program.

Fakhrul said, pull the rope, the king will be in pieces. If this government is in power then the dream of this country will be destroyed. We the people of this country who celebrate the golden jubilee of independence today after 50 years, we hoped to get a democratic country. We hoped that economic prosperity would come here. Everything has been destroyed by this Awami League because of their theft, robbery and greed. Authoritarian rulers have destroyed everything. Destroyed the judicial system, the banking system went into the abyss. We have to pull the country out of this.

He said, BNP is the party, which is the party of the people. The party that makes people dream. Undoubtedly, if we win the movement, if we can bring down the government, we will truly make the country a people's state. We must take an oath, we are all one to demand the fall of the horrible, monstrous, fascist regime.

A thousand years ago, the kingdom is ruined because of the king, the people suffer. Sheikh Hasina's government is responsible for the fact that we are suffering. You have seen in the land of Hirak Raja (a Satyajit Ray movie), if you want to stop the tyrannical fascist government, pull the rope, the king will be in pieces. Let's pull the rope together for that goal. Let's apply shock, this government will fall - said Fakhrul.

Back
Top Bottom