What's new

'Chennai Express' rocks Karachi box office

HAHAH..I thought pakistan hated bollywood movies? Certainly there is a big disconnect between the views of the pakistani public and the members here.

We cant help your flawed thoughts.

Indian movies had been watched even back in the 80s when there were VCRs.

Its not a new thing. Pakistanis are open minded people they don't mind appreciating art from across the border .

We do not fight by banning Indian artists and sportspersons :)) Its you bharatis who do so enmass.

As far as members here on PDF are concerned well your movies and star plus don't fit into their level of taste that's all. They want something of better quality than the ones on streets

I believe the members who are crying here are those which only talk but don't walk the talk..

Anyways, seeing the popularity of Bollywood movies in Pakistan, no wonder warmongers would cry..

Silly people!

We cant help your flawed thoughts.

Indian movies had been watched even back in the 80s when there were VCRs.

Its not a new thing. Pakistanis are open minded people they don't mind appreciating art from across the border .

We do not fight by banning Indian artists and sportspersons :)) Its you bharatis who do so enmass.

As far as members here on PDF are concerned well your movies and star plus don't fit into their level of taste that's all. They want something of better quality than the ones on streets

Open minded? I did not get that impression here on PDF. Agreed, their taste may be different but that doesn't take away the fact that they leave no opportunity to bash Indian Films.

And a lot of paksitani artists are in India. And a ban is only imposed when things start heating up on the border. If relations were normal no one would ban them.

Indian Artists are least interested in coming to pakistan. There is no market for them. They are happy in India. Its your artists who are desperate to make money here. Its evident from the reaction of your media which went bonkers when your cricketers were banned from the IPL. No idea it would hurt them so much.

"hurr durr we hate india, we r brave mard" "OMG IS DAT SRK???"
Hypocrites.

Unfortunately this proves we are living at a time when Idiots are the majority . Movies like this shouldn't have even received 1/4 the of their investment . Other than the scenic beauty there was really nothing in the movie . It felt I was watching a National geographic show :hitwall:

People goes to cinema to relieve stress, to forget their tensions and to have fun for at least 03 hours in these sad times, not to watch art or any serious ****. General populace has nothing to do with international politics. Why you people are interested to deny them any entertainment in their lives????? Spare them for god sake..........

well not a fan of bollywood but shah rukh khan is a closet pro-pakistani indian so guys let it slide ;)

this is our independence day gift to our beloved neighbours.. :kiss3:

this is our independence day gift to our beloved neighbours.. :kiss3:
beta tujhay aik tour karwata hun tere neighbors ka khusboo laga k !!! :D

teri Hafiz Saeed sb sai bhi mulakaat karwaao ga ;)

Its a **** movie, nobody should watch it... This larger than life **** makes me puke.. I saw few Iranian movies.. they were really awesome.. See " A Separation"

blame the audience if they like such crappy movies there is nothing filmmakers can do to improve the quality

as if audience have any choice ..

agar ek dafa movie dekh lein tu its super hit

do dafa dekhein tu blockbuster

movie chahey kaisi be hoo..

only reason people watch these movies are because they know/understand the lanaguge and has no other alternate....common pakistani or indians cannot understand english/persian or another international movies otherwise bollywood doub jahey titanic ki tra :D

If today and Indian Cinema was playing a Pakistani movie that cinema would have been burned to the ground...thats the difference between us and them..Proud to be a Pakistani

KARACHI, Aug 12: The Shahrukh Khan-Deepika Padukone starrer Indian film Chennai Express has rocked Karachi’s cinema houses and cineplexes. It literally eclipsed all other releases on Eid day by a big margin, and though the exact earnings of the film are yet to be ascertained because it’s been less than a week since Chennai Express hit the cinema screens, film distributors and exhibitors are raving about the way the film has been received by film buffs.

Talking to Dawn, the General Manager of Capri Cinema Aziz Khan said, “Being Pakistani we like to promote our local films, therefore we ran Ishq Khuda for two days but it didn’t attract sufficient audiences. On the other hand Chennai Express is doing a roaring business from the first show. As I speak with you (Aug 12), we have a houseful show at Capri. We want Pakistani films to succeed but they should be like Khuda Ke Liyey or Chambeli. Ishq Khuda was perhaps meant for the Punjab circuit.”

The head of marketing at the Atrium Cinema Anita Kenneth said,

“From day one till Aug 14 Chennai Express is sold out. Let me tell you an interesting thing on Aug 14 even the morning show (10.45am) is booked. And I’m talking about the bigger halls.”
Shedding light on the reason for the film’s overwhelming success Ms Kenneth said, “It’s a typical Rohit Shetty comedy and masala movie. Then of course the glamorous Deepika Padukone is in the movie. Apart from Chennai Express, I’d say The Wolverine did reasonably well, mainly because of Hugh Jackman. Monsters University packed the halls on Sunday because a lot of children came to watch the film. As for Pakistani movies, Josh did pretty well on Eid days,” said Ms Kenneth.

Ali at Cinepax echoed the same thoughts. “Chennai Express has done very well and is expected to do well in the weeks to come.”

'Chennai Express' rocks Karachi box office - DAWN.COM
Meanwhile Indians burn Pakistani flags, storm offices, destroyed PIA's office etc, shows who the bigger people are.

Meanwhile Indians burn Pakistani flags, storm offices, destroyed PIA's office etc, shows who the bigger people are.

Hey this is unfair. These things happen on both sides and should be stopped!

If today and Indian Cinema was playing a Pakistani movie that cinema would have been burned to the ground...thats the difference between us and them..Proud to be a Pakistani

But Reluctant Fundamentalist, Khuda Ke liye, Bol and other good movies released in India and no one burned movie halls rather people loved the movies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom