What's new

'Chennai Express' delays film releases in Pakistan

Truth Finder

Reaction score
Country
India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...releases-in-Pakistan/articleshow/21673987.cms
On Eid Day, upcoming Pakistani movies 'Waar' and 'Main Hoon Shahid Afridi' was to be released along with 'Ishq-e-Khuda' and 'Josh' in Pakistan theatres. However, now films 'Main Hoon Shahid Afridi' and 'Waar' movies have delayed the release date in Pakistan theatres.

As reported, there was lot of confusion among distributors in Pakistan regarding the release of two of Bollywood's biggest films, Chennai Express and Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara. There were reports last month that the two movies would not come to Pakistan on Eid. Chennai Express which was to be released a week after Eid in Pakistan will now be released on Eid day.

According sources in Pakistan, "The release of two upcoming Pakistani movies Main Hoon Shahid Afridi and Waar which was to release on Eid have been delayed due to release of Bollywood movie Chennai Express. Waar will now be released next month on 6th September. Meanwhile, another Bollywood movie Bhaag Milkha Bhaag will be released in Pakistan theatres on 23rd August."

TOI

Pakistan can't even protect their own films. Pathetic Pakistan:laughcry:

^ most indian movies suck, however there are some that are good, and yes pakistanis love those ones, what wrong with it? we also love hollyood movies or a good middle eastern movie. Whats wrong with liking movies from other countries?

Who changed my original title "Pathetic Pakistan" and why??? :pissed:

^^Thank you for accepting Pakistanis love Indian movies, absolutely nothing wrong, but the internet hulks here will start the denial even while his wife or mother is watching pirated dvd Raanjhana in the other room :lol:

MOre on that-

“The board recommended that the movie’s storyline could offend the majority Muslim population in the country and a law and order situation could arise in response,” he said.
Pakistan bans Indian film

On Eid Day, upcoming Pakistani movies 'Waar' and 'Main Hoon Shahid Afridi' was to be released along with 'Ishq-e-Khuda' and 'Josh' in Pakistan theatres. However, now films 'Main Hoon Shahid Afridi' and 'Waar' movies have delayed the release date in Pakistan theatres.

As reported, there was lot of confusion among distributors in Pakistan regarding the release of two of Bollywood's biggest films, Chennai Express and Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara. There were reports last month that the two movies would not come to Pakistan on Eid. Chennai Express which was to be released a week after Eid in Pakistan will now be released on Eid day.

According sources in Pakistan, "The release of two upcoming Pakistani movies Main Hoon Shahid Afridi and Waar which was to release on Eid have been delayed due to release of Bollywood movie Chennai Express. Waar will now be released next month on 6th September. Meanwhile, another Bollywood movie Bhaag Milkha Bhaag will be released in Pakistan theatres on 23rd August."

TOI

Pakistan can't even protect their own films. Pathetic Pakistan:laughcry:
Wtf? Waar has been delayed multiple times and editor of main hoon Afrdi passed away, don't flatter yourself bharoti

What's so pathetic about delaying films?

^^Thank you for accepting Pakistanis love Indian movies, absolutely nothing wrong, but the internet hulks here will start the denial even while his wife or mother is watching pirated dvd Raanjhana in the other room :lol:

MOre on that-

/QUOTE]

Raanjhanna was crap, no pakistani women liked it. The only hindu/muslim romance movie that pakistani women liked was Veer Zaara, but that too because of Sharukh Khan, not because of the subject

Majority of movies too westernize ...no much fun to see. Prefer movie if it depict Indian local culture....like bhai log style...bhai log roaming in the village on his rajdood....lolzz ....seriously

No offense but stop being a top notch chutia on this forum. Stop embarrassing yourself with your stupidity. I for one would have prefered watching waar against same old run down story like chennai express. For distributors it is just good business as when they can maximise their profit.
@Topic I used to like Indian movies but they are getting boring with same old guy fights for girls story. There are some good movies like My name is Khan and 3 idiots but the rest follow the same story lines for the last 2 decades

Last edited by a moderator:
Raanjhanna was crap, no pakistani women liked it. The only hindu/muslim romance movie that pakistani women liked was Veer Zaara, but that too because of Sharukh Khan, not because of the subject

You seem to know too much what Pakistani women like ;)

Well Raanjhna or veer-zaara, point is, Bollywood is widely watched in Pakistan, especially by women. :D

P.S. - And Raanjhna is way better than that Sharukh khan dramas.:chilli:

Thats how UP works in real life, you live in Karachi, should have some similarity with UP culture I Guess?

Back
Top Bottom