What's new

Chennai builders start importing cement from Pakistan

If the price is right, I can send loads of ships filled with Sand from BD. We have no shortage of these and they all come from Indian Himalaya only. FREE.. :yahoo:

A great idea indeed. Let there be more trade in the sub-continent.
"Let a thousand trades bloom."- with apologies to Chairman Mao.
The more trade there is, the lesser will be the incentive to fall into conflicts. :yahoo:

good, least we can do is trade

this constitutes formal trade....i bet the value of informal (undocumented) trade is surprisingly high

a lot of new housing and construction is going on in india so hopefully we can provide them with such materials at competitive cost....as long as it isnt hoarded off and domestic supplies become scarce

cement industry has traditionally done quite well in the country...a lot of competition

I have some knowledge of the cement Industry in India, particularly down south.

The manufacturing cost of cement is not more than 15-20 Rs. a Kg. Add in the transportation and storage cost and profit margin, the price of cement should not exceed more than Rs120-125 a bag. However, cement industry is controlled by some powerful politicians who don't allow others to reduce their prices. Because of this, the entire industry is suffering.

are you sure on it?

Cement bags are comes in 25, export local bags are @ 50 kg not @ a mare of 6-7kg bags(Rs120-125 a bag you said)

are you sure on it?

Cement bags are comes in 25, export local bags are @ 50 kg not @ a mare of 6-7kg bags(Rs120-125 a bag you said)

My figures are 3-4 years old, but I'm sure the raw material costs haven't gone up that much. There is a huge profit margin on cement.

Dont we need this cement for our own reconstruction or zardari plans taking his begging bowl out once again..Cement Friends of Pakistan..anyone?

^^ Don't worry, we can ship cement to you when you need it (like what GOI did with onions)

prices of cement in pakistan are rising now may b coz of these exports :angry:

great news . we need sand on enormous scale and Pakistan has it. if price is reasonable and quality is good then it doesn't matter if it comes from Pakistan or another nation. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom