What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Horrible weather, very low clouds and poorly performing camera. But J-20 still shines with its maneuverability.

4K 120p

6e9c7091gy1h7y06txx8gj22bc1jke81.jpg
6e9c7091gy1h7y06ywx5vj22bc1jkqv5.jpg
6e9c7091gy1h7y06vni1vj22bc1jk1ky.jpg

Via @白龙_龙腾四海 from Weibo

This is to be expected because most of the reading material/information that they get are in English or in local language directly translated from MSM English language source. All these information are dominated by MSM and dictated by the West/USA (CNN/ Bloomberg/ Guardian/ NY Times/ VOA etc etc), and always tainted by biased agenda.

I am a living example of above because I used to get information in English language reading material and television. I had a bad view of everything on China then.

Later when I started to read Chinese language media and had a first hand view while living inside China, my perception changed to a more balance one. There are good and bad things in China, so is the whole world. However, you seldom read any thing positive about China in English language media.

Pakistani read in their local language mainly translated from MSM, or read in English which many well educated Pakistani do.

Just accept the reality that many Pakistani, especially those lived in the West and USA have a different biased mind sets due to the silence unconscious indoctrination by the MSM.
Also the stereotype of "Chinese copy, low quality" is very strong globally.

But actually I think you're overestimating the perception in Pakistan, I think it's a lot weaker than other countries especially because Pakistan operates a lot of Chinese tech and the military officials show satisfaction in the tech verbally, and by continuing to procure more, which reassures the general populace.

It's just that Pakistan also has a very strong perception tilting towards western tech due to it dominating their inventory historically and proving dominant over the adversary, especially the F-16.

It will always remain strong globally until we see a future skirmish involving modern Chinese tech like fighter jets, score a kill against western aircraft. I believe after this the perception will come crashing down, and the ignorance and sense of superiority in the west will fast turn into a strong sense of panic.

It is possible in the future if the J-10C clashes with the Rafale, perfect opportunity to destroy the stereotype and the sense of superiority/ignorance in the west will be replaced by panic.

Also the stereotype of "Chinese copy, low quality" is very strong globally.

But actually I think you're overestimating the perception in Pakistan, I think it's a lot weaker than other countries especially because Pakistan operates a lot of Chinese tech and the military officials show satisfaction in the tech verbally, and by continuing to procure more, which reassures the general populace.

It's just that Pakistan also has a very strong perception tilting towards western tech due to it dominating their inventory historically and proving dominant over the adversary, especially the F-16.

It will always remain strong globally until we see a future skirmish involving modern Chinese tech like fighter jets, score a kill against western aircraft. I believe after this the perception will come crashing down, and the ignorance and sense of superiority in the west will fast turn into a strong sense of panic.

It is possible in the future if the J-10C clashes with the Rafale, perfect opportunity to destroy the stereotype and the sense of superiority/ignorance in the west will be replaced by panic.

A lot of countries use a lot of Chinese equipment but the populace's perception is still negative because there is a deliberate attempt to project a negative narrative even when Chinese products are used successfully for years in critical areas (and Chinese equipment are used in huge numbers especially in the infrastructure space -- you don't get to a $1T trade surplus with just toy and bikini exports.)

A prime example is Chinese cranes at American docks lol:

I have little doubt that most Pakistanis harbor some of the same views because of the dominance of Anglo traditional media and social media.

A lot of countries use a lot of Chinese equipment but the populace's perception is still negative because there is a deliberate attempt to project a negative narrative even when Chinese products are used (and Chinese equipment is used in huge numbers especially in the infrastructure space.)

A prime example is Chinese cranes at American docks lol:
Doesn't matter, they can try as hard as they like but I stand by my last point.

A 2019 like skirmish in the future with modern Chinese tech scoring a kill and dominating against western aircraft will bring all of that crashing down.

The F22 will receive pods that allow it to have IRST and EOTS like the F35 and J20 already have 'built-in'. By the time F22 receives its upgrades, it's at the end of its life expectancy. But of course I expect F22's service life will be extended not technically but politically by then. The F22 still has its designed shortcoming, such as the data link and short legs in intensive engagements in East Asia (Remember, F22 was deisgned in the close airspaces in Europe). Years ago the Pentagon has tried to resolved the issue but not been successful. Recently, China even shows off J20's loyal wingman F97A UAVs working with the twin-seated J20. That's another shortcoming neither F22 or F35 could overcome.

So based on what we know about the jets, F22 doesn't hold much water as of today. Maneuverability may be F22's advantage, but with today's high-G, off-axis super-/hypersonic AA missiles, it's a non-factor. J20 designer Yang Wei even published a paper claiming maneuverability is not a factor. With all that we know, it's then superstition to still claim F22 is superior.

Oh, I haven't mentioned American AA missiles are shorter and slower too.
Clutching at straws for this argument - short legs in intensive engagements.. lol.
The F-22 was designed(in the late 80s btw before even the J-10 had a single metal cut of) to gain air superiority deep inside warsaw pact territory.
Then there is claim of loyal wingman… CGIs aren’t showing off anything. The Kratos is flying and testing in the air right now.

That’s why America has already built and flown the next generation aircraft - and by the time the so called upgrades falter and other things happen … the NGAD will be the fighter China faces.

The Chinese military will be fairly well equipped and has made rapid gains - but these are all without any actual conflict deployments which is why there is no measure to it.

The issue isn’t whether the J-20 is superior or the F-22.. but whether the J-20 working in conjunction with the rest of Chinese war machine will be superior to what the F-22 and F-35 bring with as their war machine.

Also, laughed at the “short and fat” comment - these are air to air missiles that are designed with aerodynamic and other requirements in mind.. not women.

Even better J-20 demo with afterburners on. When the afterburners are on, J-20 becomes a flying beast.

Most aircraft become beasts during wet thrust - its raw fuel being burnt out like a rocket.

Most aircraft become beasts during wet thrust - its raw fuel being burnt out like a rocket.

Do we know a video, showing a J-20 during take-off staring with the first movement to light-up of the AB and take-off?

Back
Top Bottom