What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

aae72e8fgy1h7v5eqr54wj22521bchdt.jpg

Via @酸梅梅梅干 from Weibo

The comparison will always be speculative until they meet in the air. But saying an early 5th-gen F22 is superior because it's American-made while ignoring all the J20's latest sensor and communication tech improvements in the last two decades over the F22 is blind and superstitious. And there are a lot of Paks like that. Or actually they were bought by the DC as in their 'donations' to America in some $470mils buying services to outdated F16s.

I have suggested China not to sell the most advanced military techs to Pakistan because Pak military are all American-trained,influenced, and bound to retired in America. Let the Paks buy 2nd-rate American techs. US will not sell their first-tier techs to Paks because of India.

The comparison will always be speculative until they meet in the air. But saying an early 5th-gen F22 is superior because it's American-made while ignoring all the J20's latest sensor and communication tech improvements in the last two decades over the F22 is blind and superstitious. And there are a lot of Paks like that. Or actually they were bought by the DC as in their 'donations' to America in some $470mils buying services to outdated F16s.

I have suggested China not to sell the most advanced military techs to Pakistan because Pak military are all American-trained,influenced, and bound to retired in America. Let the Paks buy 2nd-rate American techs. US will not sell their first-tier techs to Paks because of India.
America has decades of experience and R&D advantages over China, so it's not a far-fetched claim to make.

Also it's not like the F-22 will remain stagnant since 2005 while the J-20 continues to receive upgrades.

Manned unmanned teaming with the FH-97A seems to be how China maybe planning on making up the numbers difference. Hundreds if not Thousands of Unmanned loyal wingmen maybe the future in the PLA, not just in the air but across all domains.

Secure mesh network will be the key to if this strategy will succeed. Any information on Chinese datalinks out of this year’s Zhuhai?

The mytical partial cockpit picture - will get filed with the collection of mythical unicorns i guess! ( A bit like the JF17 Block III cockpit aswell ! ).
Block retains the 3 MFD design cockpit. It doesn't use a single large MFD.

America has decades of experience and R&D advantages over China, so it's not a far-fetched claim to make.

Also it's not like the F-22 will remain stagnant since 2005 while the J-20 continues to receive upgrades.

The F22 will receive pods that allow it to have IRST and EOTS like the F35 and J20 already have 'built-in'. By the time F22 receives its upgrades, it's at the end of its life expectancy. But of course I expect F22's service life will be extended not technically but politically by then. The F22 still has its designed shortcoming, such as the data link and short legs in intensive engagements in East Asia (Remember, F22 was deisgned in the close airspaces in Europe). Years ago the Pentagon has tried to resolved the issue but not been successful. Recently, China even shows off J20's loyal wingman F97A UAVs working with the twin-seated J20. That's another shortcoming neither F22 or F35 could overcome.

So based on what we know about the jets, F22 doesn't hold much water as of today. Maneuverability may be F22's advantage, but with today's high-G, off-axis super-/hypersonic AA missiles, it's a non-factor. J20 designer Yang Wei even published a paper claiming maneuverability is not a factor. With all that we know, it's then superstition to still claim F22 is superior.

Oh, I haven't mentioned American AA missiles are shorter and slower too.

The comparison will always be speculative until they meet in the air. But saying an early 5th-gen F22 is superior because it's American-made while ignoring all the J20's latest sensor and communication tech improvements in the last two decades over the F22 is blind and superstitious. And there are a lot of Paks like that.
This is to be expected because most of the reading material/information that they get are in English or in local language directly translated from MSM English language source. All these information are dominated by MSM and dictated by the West/USA (CNN/ Bloomberg/ Guardian/ NY Times/ VOA etc etc), and always tainted by biased agenda.

I am a living example of above because I used to get information in English language reading material and television. I had a bad view of everything on China then.

Later when I started to read Chinese language media and had a first hand view while living inside China, my perception changed to a more balance one. There are good and bad things in China, so is the whole world. However, you seldom read any thing positive about China in English language media.

Pakistani read in their local language mainly translated from MSM, or read in English which many well educated Pakistani do.

Just accept the reality that many Pakistani, especially those lived in the West and USA have a different biased mind sets due to the silence unconscious indoctrination by the MSM.

Even better J-20 demo with afterburners on. When the afterburners are on, J-20 becomes a flying beast.

Back
Top Bottom