What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Underbelly comparison

1645591694642.png

1645592174964.png

Although J-20 is a good aircraft and looks spaceagesque from certain angles. The rear half of it belly is less esthetically pleasing than f-22. It has to do with the sleek and upwrds curving rear half of F-22, which further flattens out and almost efforlessly blends into the 2D vector nozzles.

J-20 underbelly seems more boxy and discontinous. I often imagine what it would look like with 2D nozzles.
From another bias comment. Photo speaks louder than fantasy.

i asked a normal question..
why Chine order 400 engine from Ukraine? is it hard to make an engine with 4600kgf like ai322f?
to be honest, these questions in my head.
any plan to export j20 to any country soon?

Judging from the aircraft’s thrust petals, the Pakistani J-10s use are powered by the Shenyang WS-10B engine, as opposed to the Saturn AL-31F. It was only in May 2021 that the first clear images emerged of a People’s Liberation Army Air Force J-10C powered by the WS-10B.

Mounted inside the J-10, the WS-10 can be identified by a few subtle features. One is that the afterburner nozzle petals are notably wider than on the AL-31. The WS-10 also has a ring structure around the interior of the nozzle that is absent on the AL-31.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom