What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

i asked a normal question..
why Chine order 400 engine from Ukraine? is it hard to make an engine with 4600kgf like ai322f?
to be honest, these questions in my head.
any plan to export j20 to any country soon?
Since when did China use low-thrust Ukrainian engines for their J-20s? Please go back at least 50 pages and then go through each page from there, so you can see J-20s with domestic engines.
If you are not satisfied, why not give AVIC(J-20's manufacturer) a call? I'm sure they'll explain why they did, what you think they did.

i asked a normal question..
why Chine order 400 engine from Ukraine? is it hard to make an engine with 4600kgf like ai322f?
to be honest, these questions in my head.
any plan to export j20 to any country soon?

Sorry, but in this thread related to the J-20 this is „not a normal„ question as such either it is a language issue or I don‘t get the point!?

Chine still use Russian engines for their j20? its more than 5 years that you shared pictures that local engine is ready... when will the local engine be ready?

You clearly asked if China still uses Russian engines, which is indeed late And strange: Since mid-2019 no J-20 was built using Russian engines, this was reported all over since last year‘s Zhuhai Airshow and if you would look at the latest images, you would notice. As such I don‘t understand why this question??

Now you connect this to a sale of 400 engines from Ukraine, which again has even lesser a connection to the J-20 since the Ukraine builds no suitable engines for this type … and for the AI322F, see @Beast‘s reply

It'd be interesting to see what the breakdown in WS-10C equipped vs AL-31FN equipped J-20 is. Clearly, production has picked up in the last couple of year as J-20 switched to using WS-10C. Aside from engine, I'd imagine other subsystems have also matured a lot more leading to more production.

From what I can see, basically 2 out of 3 daduis in FTTC uses AL-31FN + all of 9th brigade. That would indicate 45 to 50 production J-20s using AL-31FNs.

All of 1st and 5th brigade, 1 out of 3 daduis in FTTC are using WS-10C. Assuming that CAC does 2 major deliveries a year. The mid year delivery probably filled up most of the 1st brigade (which is how we saw all those pictures coming out) and started maybe 4 aircraft in 5th brigade. And the end of the year deliveries filled up all of 1st brigade and maybe half of 5th brigade. That would mean about 55 production J-20s using WS-10C if we include all of the end of the year deliveries that have not really started training yet.

If I had to guess, their yearly production would look something like this. What do you think @Deino?
2016 4
2017 10
2018 16
2019 20
2020 20
2021 32

Keep in mind that in the second half of 2021, they may well have been producing 3 to 4 a month. And if the news of shifting J-10 production to Guizhou is true, then they will probably be at 45 to 50 J-20s a year by 2022. Still far behind the production rate of F-35, but that rate would be as high as J-10s were ever reached. I would imagine this jump would not have been possible if they were still dependent on the Russians for engine.

Do we have any idea how many factories CAC operates and what the ultimate J-20 annual production rate could be?
It is better to underestimate and be thought a fool than run your mouth and remove all doubt.

India doesn't belong in the same sentence as China and the 2025 date is the best estimate we have currently until we receive new information.

Since when did China use low-thrust Ukrainian engines for their J-20s? Please go back at least 50 pages and then go through each page from there, so you can see J-20s with domestic engines.
If you are not satisfied, why not give AVIC(J-20's manufacturer) a call? I'm sure they'll explain why they did, what you think they did.

I think you misunderstood his point. What he tried to imply is that there is no way China could get a high thrust turbofan engine ready if it imports low thrust engines from Ukraine. That said, the point is still absurd. WS-10 and its variants have been used on J-11B/J-16 for over a decade and they are comfortable enough to use them on a single engine jet like the J-10. China has also stopped importing AL-31 variants for quite some time. How would the new jets get built if there haven’t been any new engine orders?

Do we have any idea how many factories CAC operates and what the ultimate J-20 annual production rate could be?

India doesn't belong in the same sentence as China and the 2025 date is the best estimate we have currently until we receive new information.

Four production lines in the CAC.

I think you misunderstood his point. What he tried to imply is that there is no way China could get a high thrust turbofan engine ready if it imports low thrust engines from Ukraine. That said, the point is still absurd. WS-10 and its variants have been used on J-11B/J-16 for over a decade and they are comfortable enough to use them on a single engine jet like the J-10. China has also stopped importing AL-31 variants for quite some time. How would the new jets get built if there haven’t been any new engine orders?

Four production lines in the CAC.
If that's the case, then I agree with you with their point being absurd. To add to your point, China produced engines with similar thrust to the Ukrainian engines in 90s, it's not like they can't.

If that's the case, then I agree with you with their point being absurd. To add to your point, China produced engines with similar thrust to the Ukrainian engines in 90s, it's not like they can't.

I think he just has a personal grudge with Deino.

"Much enemy, much honor" as we say in German: Viel Feind, viele Ehr! ... just look around, I think I have some very dear buddies in the Pakistani section as well who ALWAYS disagree no matter what I post. :azn: And indeed, the internet is a strange place where you met a lot of strange persons, some of whom simply have no living ...

has the J-20AS flown before? I don't recall it ever taking off before.

:azn: ... I think there is no doubt!

J-20AS 2031 - 20220121.jpg
J-20AS 2031 - 20220101 - 1+.jpg
J-20AS 2031 grey - 20211229+.jpg
J-20AS 2031 maiden flight maybe - 20211105 - 2.jpg
J-20AS 2031 maiden flight maybe - 20211105 - 3.jpeg

Although J-20 is a good aircraft and looks spaceagesque from certain angles. The rear half of it belly is less esthetically pleasing than f-22. It has to do with the sleek and upwrds curving rear half of F-22, which further flattens out and almost efforlessly blends into the 2D vector nozzles.

J-20 underbelly seems more boxy and discontinous. I often imagine what it would look like with 2D nozzles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom