What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

img-3dca994a437a376dc5f2950d5b2ad7b3.jpg
img-f01a860b3604afc691a963d83d1d3c85.jpg

Interesting, I have wondered why China has not gone and developed thrust vectoring stealth nozzles. I can see it being extravagent for the FC31, but the J20 does qualify for the extra care and attention. It maybe, they will once they have their own range of engines they are comfortable in modifying ?

Turkey doesnt look like it will try with the TFX and the same almost applies to the BAE Tempest programme. Interesting only the F22 has it.

Interesting, I have wondered why China has not gone and developed thrust vectoring stealth nozzles. I can see it being extravagent for the FC31, but the J20 does qualify for the extra care and attention. It maybe, they will once they have their own range of engines they are comfortable in modifying ?

Turkey doesnt look like it will try with the TFX and the same almost applies to the BAE Tempest programme. Interesting only the F22 has it.
Didn't u catch the latest news? I am surprised you don't know abt it. It is widely reported and a simple Google search can find u an answer in short time.

Have you not seen the J-10 TVC nozzle? o_O

F22 has 2D TVC nozzles while J20 & Russian jets have 3D TVC nozzles.

Being Stealthy nozzels depends on lots of things in fact stealthy to what (IR and/or Radar) is also a question.

Yes. I have.. the J-10 has a TVC nozzle.. and IS NOT a STEALTH TVC Nozzle.... look at the F22 nozzles to see what i am talking about.

Currently J-20 have fixed WS-10IPE engine, but projected WS-15 will have 2D TVC capability not 3D @Silicon0000 :p::disagree:

Yes (Currently J-20 have fixed WS-10IPE engine) but I read somewhere that they have tested TVC on one of the prototype probably 2021 or I am forgetting the number.

Didn't know that (projected WS-15 will have 2D TVC capability not 3D), thanks for informing.

Says who?? All information we have so far hint to a 3D similar to the one tested on the J-10B-TVC testbed as @Figaro pointed.
Even USAF pilot prefer a 3D TVC for F-22, due to the 360degrees rotating offer but end of the day, they emphasize more on exhaust stealth.

Yes. I have.. the J-10 has a TVC nozzle.. and IS NOT a STEALTH TVC Nozzle.... look at the F22 nozzles to see what i am talking about.
It is stealth treated. The zig zag petal end suppose to offer RCS reduction. Checkout F-35 end nozzle too. Of cos 2D stealth exhuast offer more RCS reduction but at the sametime, it offer only 2 direction thrust vector which is less useful compare to 3D thrust vector.

Back
Top Bottom