What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Your finding of the J-20's wingspan to be 13.9m, I have no problem with. The difference is within the error of margin with my finding of 14.05m.

I still have great reservations about, where to place the lines, on the nose and on the tail. It's just too blurry on those area. Sorry. I don't have any confidence on the lengths obtained from the satellite.

I am glad to see that you are trying to confirm or disprove my findings by actual researches.

Nice that we finally agree on something and I'm sure all agree that the difference of 13.9 - 14.05 is very likely within the margin of error.
What I however then do not understand is that You still insist in such a nonsense:

So the overall length for the LRIP planes is actually 23m,
If You are willing to accept an actual research, then You must accept that a length on 23m would be 780 pixel aka that long red line, which is 100% off any margin of error.

J-20 dimensions - Asoka corrected by Deino 3.jpg

By using the wingspan of 14.0m as reference, we got from the satellite image. Here is another measurements of the length, I obtained with an image, I downloaded from here. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3-1JfX4wWbA/maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault (8).jpg

Make sure you keep the proportion, exactly the same, if you resize this picture. Otherwise, the measurements will be off.

The overall length of J-20, version 2001, is definitely not 20.35m.

The nose to nozzle length, alone, is 21.7m.

"'Nice that we finally agree on something, and I'm sure all agree, that the difference of 13.9 - 14.05 is very likely, within the margin of error."

That's for the wingspan. The nose and nozzle area is ridiculously blurry, and because of the shadow and non-perfectly parallel parking between J-15 and J-20.

I don't accept that the margin of errors could be within 3 pixels for the lengths, at all.

No way. Mr. Deino.

In fact, I won't place any confidence on the length measurements, obtain from it.

Last edited:
Someone has said stealth plane can't fly at Mach 3?

I guess some people never heard of "High Temperature Ceramic Based Radar Absorbing materials."

I already posted this on Jan 7, 2017.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chen...news-discussions.111471/page-499#post-9078781

High Temperature Ceramic Based Radar Absorbing materials.
高温吸波材料基体的研究

http://mmwqz.com/960261163/

This new class of Ceramic Based Radar Absorbing Materials is High Temperature heat resistance, anti-oxidation, high strength and fracture resistant.

In contrast to polymer based materials, this class of materials must be baked in high temperature oven. This is different from the applied (涂覆型 ) absorbing polymer rubbery materials, which could be easily damaged by rain, heat, sands, or even just by stepping on it.

This over come the heat problem that prevents radar absorbing materials to be use on missiles, inside the jet engine nozzle, and high speed aircrafts.

This class highly heat resistant materials could also forms a barrier to prevent high heat from entering the skin of the aircraft and damage the internal structure or delicate electronics equipments inside it.

http://www.yhclgy.com/ch/reader/view_abstract.aspx?file_no=2276&flag=1
Current Study of High Temperature Radar Absorbing Materials
高温吸波材料研究现状

http://www.hgxx.org/News_View.aspx?id=415
高温吸波材料研究新进展与趋势

One of the paper I read said those High Temperature Ceramic Based Radar Absorbing Material could withstand 600C degree celsius, which is more than enough for cruising at Mach 3.

https://www.space.com/16666-sr-71-blackbird.html:

"The aircraft (SR-71, Blackbird) was also covered with a special black paint to absorb radar, radiate excess heat and to camouflage the aircraft against dark skies — a feature that inspired Air Force to give it the official "Blackbird" name.

Titanium skin helped protect the aircraft's aluminum airframe from the intense heat of supersonic flight. Temperatures ranged from 450 degrees F (232 C) near the back part of the aircraft to 950 degrees F (510 C) near the engine exhaust.
@Asoka bro your stupidity at extreme:enjoy: ceramic based radar absorbing material dons''t hide excess IR signature of J-20 its natural physic, you go extreme fast you increases your IR signature massively you can make RAM and RAS whatever advance you can't hide your jet from IR signature, Mr @Asoka change natural physic:lol::rofl::enjoy: i read somewhere on the net didn't remember the article that SR-71 had been detected 300+ miles on civilian radars when its come to USA at top speed

Someone has said stealth plane can't fly at Mach 3?
Mr @Asoka no one confirmed about the speed its classified just like F-22 may be may be not:undecided: how you're so sure about J-20 top speed is MACH-3 maybe you working on J-20/WS-15 projects:lol::rofl::sarcastic: and SR-71 is not using turbo fan it uses hybrid turbojet+ ramjet for MACH-3 cruise http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/j-58~1.htm whereas J-20 currently uses turbofan WS-10B and projected WS-15 which will be also a turbofan, turbofan has its limitations, the limitations is is that turbofan don't work very well above MACH-2.5

Ignore him ... he won’t listen to you. Besides, he says 210kN is a “low” estimate, saying that 240 is more probable. As I say, he is delusional
:disagree:No 300 KN:D

Here is another pic of J-20 without another plane laid over it.
View attachment 427529
J-20 Horizontal.jpg

Note: I am not responding to
Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 8.02.27 PM.png
theCat, thePakistaniGuy, Gambit_theGambler, rcrmj, and other jokers, is because they are on my Ignore list.

Last edited:
View attachment 427529View attachment 427534

Note: I am not responding to theCatView attachment 427537 , thePakistaniGuy, Gambler and other jokers, is because they are on my Ignore list.
You're jester Mr @Asoka yes you know everything about J-20/WS-15 the world is all wrong about J-20 and yes J-20 is 100 gen totally invisible on radars and IR sensors, it uses plasma stealth tech, its radar range is
man_in_love.gif
5000 km, it uses 300 Kn WS-15 that enables J-20 to cruise at MACH-10, its air to air missiles range is 4500 Km, now happy Mr @Asoka :rofl::lol::meeting::man_in_love::jester::help::sarcastic::suicide::suicide2:

You're jester Mr @Asoka yes you know everything about J-20/WS-15 the world is all wrong about J-20 and yes J-20 is 100 gen totally invisible on radars and IR sensors, it uses plasma stealth tech, its radar range is
man_in_love.gif
5000 km, it uses 300 Kn WS-15 that enables J-20 to cruise at MACH-10, its air to air missiles range is 4500 Km, now happy Mr @Asoka :rofl::lol::meeting::man_in_love::jester::help::sarcastic::suicide::suicide2:
Just stop responding to his posts ... you're just feeding him here. The ignore button sometimes really comes in handy ... the J-20 thread has become quite calmer after I used it :enjoy:

gosh, still going over this length nonsense````like we use to say "真理只能靠信仰了"````:lol:

Just stop responding to his posts ... you're just feeding him here. The ignore button sometimes really comes in handy ... the J-20 thread has become quite calmer after I used it :enjoy:
I already did it sir but making fun to Mr @Asoka :p:

I don't know anything about CFM56, not even just casual reading about it. We are talking about WS-15 for J-20 here, not WS-10X.

210kN is actually not ridiculous enough. This is a lower bound estimate I got for WS-15. I am afraid to tell what's really in my mind, for spilling out China State Military secrets.

It takes nothing for them to find out who I am. Some days, I want to go back to China.
the project requirement states it will be lucky to have 150KN full thrust```maybe will finally go up to 165Kn on its "upgrades"````and bear in mind, every equipment has its physical limits!!!! ```210KN :lol:`````you are really need to have some basic military knowledge to reason your "believes"````

and btw, the latest WS10 has two versions```one is upto 130KN (better relability) and the other is upto 140KN (shorter service life) ``` I can tell you lot this much`````(and first time in history that we have "options" to choose between good domestic turbo-fan engines````they have get to use to it :lol: :lol: :lol:````sometimes those people use this to banter``)

gosh, still going over this length nonsense````like we use to say "真理只能靠信仰了"````:lol:
Correction, only @Asoka
the project requirement states it will be lucky to have 150KN full thrust```maybe will finally go up to 165Kn on its "upgrades"````and bear in mind, every equipment has its physical limits!!!! ```210KN :lol:`````you are really need to have some basic military knowledge to reason your "believes"````

and btw, the latest WS10 has two versions```one is upto 130KN (better relability) and the other is upto 140KN (shorter service life) ``` I can tell you lot this much`````(and first time in history that we have "options" to choose between good domestic turbo-fan engines````they have get to use to it :lol: :lol: :lol:````sometimes those people use this to banter``)
I have ...
WS-10A : 125 - 130 kN
WS-10B+ : 140 kN (pupu said that increased thrust would not compromise service life)
WS-10IPE : 150 kN
WS-15 : 165 - 180 kN (the thrust requirement got increased ... hence program delay)

View attachment 427529View attachment 427534

Note: I am not responding to View attachment 427537theCat, thePakistaniGuy, Gambit_theGambler, rcrmj, and other jokers, is because they are on my Ignore list.
you really serious by using this image???? is this picture 100% flat or has an angle? man``please, for last time stop your sheer stuidity and any amature assumption````J-20 is smaller than any of the Flankers no matter you want to measure from tail or any 'invented' method of yours````seriously stop!

you really serious by using this image???? is this picture 100% flat or has an angle? man``please, for last time stop your sheer stuidity and any amature assumption````J-20 is smaller than any of the Flankers no matter you want to measure from tail or any 'invented' method of yours````seriously stop!
ignore him! That's what I did and the thread is a lot emptier ...

Correction, only @Asoka

I have ...
WS-10A : 125 - 130 kN
WS-10B+ : 140 kN (pupu said that increased thrust would not compromise service life)
WS-10IPE : 150 kN
WS-15 : 165 - 180 kN (the thrust requirement got increased ... hence program delay)
we dont have these much designations here````will only being given one once equipt````they are choosing between 130KN and 140KN, all of them with FADAC ````

and the thrust about WS-15 I only know the "roughly" stated number on their paper````the initial type wont be that high as you stated``but anyway, nowadays they are good at surprises``:lol:

Back
Top Bottom