What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Pretty sure they are referring to IEP.
Doesn't Pupu give an upper range of 138 kN, similar to 14 tonnes of thrust?

From respected member Maya many years ago ... WS-15 back in 2006
WS-15 2006.PNG

Doesn't Pupu give an upper range of 138 kN, similar to 14 tonnes of thrust?

From respected member Maya many years ago ... WS-15 back in 2006
View attachment 423372
"WS-15 back in 2006" ==> 11 years has been elapsing ever since, no wonder that @Asoka has been so insisting at this Emei engine.

Btw I wonder whether Huangshan 黄山 as arguably the most magnificent mountain in China will get its turn when the 6th gen engine arrives :D it's very cool to name the marvellous technology such as the aircraft engines after the names of the majestic mountains (Taihang Mountains 太行山, Mt. Emei 峨眉山)... and China has the most majestic mountains in the world incl. sharing with Nepal the highest peak, Mt Chomolungma or Qomolangma 珠穆朗玛峰... the Nepalese call it Sagarmatha (and the British colonial changed it into Mt. Everest).

Last edited:
Guys, any updates on the WS-15 after the huge WS-10X revelation on Saturday? Is this good or bad for the WS-15's development? Thanks ...

The important thing is we might be able to see a WS-15 on the J-20 within the next 2 years ... a truly astonishing development!

please calm down ... otherwise the disappointment is too huge.

Soon in the meaning of Maya predicted in "2006 that in 2019 we will see"!??

Soon is quite a relative term. When Maya claimed some certain tests were done in 2006 and predicted this milestone in 2019 it is only a prediction 11 years old.

A long time in that - just look at the Russian T-50/PAK-FA program - a lot can happed.

If this prediction would have come from 2015, then 2019 would be likely but a statement from 2006 is nothing more than a guesswork.

Again I do not want to downrate or downplay the Chinese engine situation, but the fact that we now see a WS-10 on a J-20 tells me clearly that there will be another few years before we'll see the WS-15. Otherwise it does not make sense to re-engine then again.

Deino

Soon is quite a relative term. When Maya claimed some certain tests were done in 2006 and predicted this milestone in 2019 it is only a prediction 11 years old.

A long time in that - just look at the Russian T-50/PAK-FA program - a lot can happed.

If this prediction would have come from 2015, then 2019 would be likely but a statement from 2006 is nothing more than a guesswork.

Again I do not want to downrate or downplay the Chinese engine situation, but the fact that we now see a WS-10 on a J-20 tells me clearly that there will be another few years before we'll see the WS-15. Otherwise it does not make sense to re-engine then again.

Deino
That may be their plan all alo

Deino
youre right ... in approximately 2 years ... the WS-10x change may have been long planned. The notion that the incorporation of WS-10X at the expense of the WS-15 development is unfounded ... do we have any indication that the WS-15's progress is being impeded?

Last edited:

youre right ... in approximately 2 years ... the WS-10x change may have been long planned. The notion that the incorporation of WS-10X at the expense of the WS-15 development is unfounded ... do we have any indication that the WS-15's progress is being impeded?

Some official reports talk about a set of serious problems during the testing of an new advanced turbofan engine.

J-20B (确实叫千20B)
PVW64w.jpg
tnWao8.jpg

It is a old model. No one know what is it.

youre right ... in approximately 2 years ... the WS-10x change may have been long planned. The notion that the incorporation of WS-10X at the expense of the WS-15 development is unfounded ...
Some official reports talk about a set of serious problems during the testing of an new advanced turbofan engine.

It is a old model. No one know what is it.
And what are these reports exactly ... others say that it progressing just fine

Guys, any updates on the WS-15 after the huge WS-10X revelation on Saturday? Is this good or bad for the WS-15's development? Thanks ...
I can asure you that no one here, or anyone I know that has a clear clue of WS-15, even they know, wouldnt say much of it`````````only few that their job has remotely related to those institutions hinted something that fits some of you guys assumptions```therefore, feel free to guess anything :lol:

btw the current engine is doing just fine

I can asure you that no one here, or anyone I know that has a clear clue of WS-15, even they know, wouldnt say much of it`````````only few that their job has remotely related to those institutions hinted something that fits some of you guys assumptions```therefore, feel free to guess anything :lol:

btw the current engine is doing just fine
INDEED! Well said! IF the true state is widely opened there for all to see then they all have failed miserably in doing their jobs... for such see-through brings only loses and no gains in return in my perception, at least not yet the time... and it's so hard for some to see here (visual proof any one,, then good luck with it... must be very patient in waiting :D). However the current understanding shows those in charge are doing their tasks successfully. Just proceed on need-to-know/need-to-disclose basis... there are simply more strategic things than the false short-sighted pride or chest-thumping glories... :enjoy::D just like those subs this thing can be kept out of sight, unlike the carriers and many other obvious physical stuffs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom