What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

J20, DDG055, AC002/003 and Type 95/96 subs are all moving towards delivery as they were planned in the first place.

J20 must not be seen as a stand alone development.

That it will be operational sooner than later is also according to plan.

There is no rushed deployment.

PLAAF has taken deliver of a small batch to understand the bird in operational environment and develop tactics...also develop the supporting infrastructure.

So by 2019 the full rate production will be in full swing and the absorption of J20 will be easier by PLAAF.

Good peace time development really.

Waiting for WS15A. That would be more exciting.

J20 has been out in the open for years.

When you are mad and have no substantial answer, try to keep out of getting personal.. it has always been bad talking to you..Mr failure in every discussion..
Pointing out where you are wrong is not a personal attack.

The logic is clear with the current data.

- There is no indicator that the 229 was designed for low radar observability.

- The Germans had only cursory knowledge of radar and given the status of their war making capability at that time, the Hortens had at best limited access to radars for experimentation. The Allies captured a lot of information and that one prototyp.

- The flying wing design was already well known in the aviation industry, even before WW II. They knew it for its naturally long range capability. The main problem was controllability.

- Hitler placed a higher priority on long range over radar avoidance.

All of this pointed to a logical conclusion that the 229 was more for long range than for radar avoidance. It could not be argued that the B-2 was any copy of the 229 considering the Americans had far more actually flying wing designs than the Hortens had.

I am mad only in your imagination. You wanted to portray me as angry only to boost your own ego that somehow you are able to make me angry. Get a clue. :rolleyes:

You got your *** bust and this is the response we got from you? LOL
Please...I busted you guys over and over for your liberal use of 'Chinese physics' for the J-20.

Not really. Going through the history of you proclaiming the failed J-20 to the accusation mg1.44, you have been busted multiple times.
I never called the J-20 a 'failed' project. In fact, real facts, I praised the project many times over. :lol:

I'm not going to go back and find your nonsense post. You have been busted many times and that all you need to know.
You are not going to find any. Simple as that. Keep saying that I am 'busted' is not going to help. Bust for what ? What lies have I said about the J-20 ?

Charging that the J-20 came from the MIG 1.44 project is speculation, not a lie.

mig-144_j-20.jpg

A lie is when one knows the truth but publicly said something else. No one, not even the PDF Chinese, knows the origin of the J-20. So you guys saying the J-20 did not came from the MIG is equally speculative. Just that your speculations do not weigh as much.

You are not going to find any. Simple as that. Keep saying that I am 'busted' is not going to help. Bust for what ? What lies have I said about the J-20 ?

Charging that the J-20 came from the MIG 1.44 project is speculation, not a lie.

mig-144_j-20.jpg

A lie is when one knows the truth but publicly said something else. No one, not even the PDF Chinese, knows the origin of the J-20. So you guys saying the J-20 did not came from the MIG is equally speculative. Just that your speculations do not weigh as much.

It's a pretty irrelevant discussion, don't you think? The Chinese have their pride and you are trampling all over it even though you are right.

It's a pretty irrelevant discussion, don't you think? The Chinese have their pride and you are trampling all over it even though you are right.
It is relevant in many levels.

At the lowest, the interests are technical in scope and confined to domain experts. At the highest, it is strategic because it hints at China's technological capabilities, progress, and future ambitions thanks to those same technological progress.

The PDF Chinese are entitled to their nationalistic pride, but all that we asked is to be honest about it. Unfortunately, they have a history of trampling on the laws of physics in cheering for the J-20. If it was not for my repeated postings from credible sources like universities and IEEE to debunk their claims, they would have gotten away with it.

I do not care what level of education they have. Each of them could be a PhD and it would not matter one whit to me. What they claimed regardless of what they are must be challenged if technically questionable and worst of all -- wrong.

I don't believe you have questioned technical matters. I believe you are only trampling on their pride over something as irrelevant as the J-20 being a copy of the Mig 1.44, something you yourself claim is speculation.

I mean what's the point coming up to someone and telling them half the stuff they have look similar to the stuff the west has developed? All those who know what you mean know that they are reinventing the wheel, all those who understood Post 27 anyway. There is really no point in pointing out the obvious to people who prioritize nationalism over learning. It has only served to derail the thread, my point.

When it comes to Chinese physics, of course you can bash it how much ever you want, Chinese physics should disappear from the face of the earth.

So many people on this forum has not only exposed him as a fraud over the years (non-Chinese members too), but he resorts to personal insults whenever his myths and strawman arguments get busted.

The guy is a first class troll masquerading as an 'expert'.

He may be biased but he is an expert. Most military professionals are biased obviously, but that shouldn't put to doubt their credentials.

...the J-20 being a copy of the Mig 1.44, something you yourself claim is speculation.
I am not the only one. From the day the J-20 debut, that have been the contention in the aviation world. All the Chinese have to do is acknowledge that the speculation is valid. Not that the speculation is true, only that is has validity. Such speculations are NORMAL. It is amazing that they do not understand that.

People want, or even need, frames of references and that is also normal. If something new comes along, people inevitably compares the new against the old. If the differences are great enough, the comparison will be dismissed. All the Chinese had to do is acknowledge that such behaviors are normal. Instead, they went on a rampage making personal insults against people who wanted nothing but a genuine technically based discussion.

One does need NOT to be a rocket scientist not a PhD holder to note that the two aircrafts are completely different either in design or generation.
The people who made that observation are pilots and assorted aviation related professionals. Most of them do not have have PhDs or are rocket scientists.

Oh come on. We had this discussion already about 100 times ... All physical details hint an AL-31 and none a WS-10. Even more why should these lrip birds use an engine so far not tested on ony prototype?
To pretend thy use a Taihang is maybe nice but simply unlogical ...

All the Chinese had to do is acknowledge that such behaviors are normal.

The govt itself has no interest in acknowledging that they bought a regiment of Su-35s. We know that the WZ-10 was designed by Kamov because Kamov officially said it. Even today, their official policy is they did not copy the J-11B. So expecting the general public to acknowledge this is practically impossible.

The govt itself has no interest in acknowledging that they bought a regiment of Su-35s. We know that the WZ-10 was designed by Kamov because Kamov officially said it. Even today, their official policy is they did not copy the J-11B. So expecting the general public to acknowledge this is practically impossible.

I don't need an Indian to introduce what's Chinese govt official policy. J-11 series is origined from Su-27, China paid patent fee to Russia. We know all the process the cooperation of J-11 project. You post make Indian very arrogant, like to blindly judge what you didn't know clearly. And China bought patent from Ukrain about the European Buffalo Landing Ship, the contract is two ships built in Ukrain and the remaining two built in China shipyard.
"We know that the WZ-10 was designed by Kamov because Kamov officially said it." Provide some of your proof, if you are seriou poster here.

Back
Top Bottom