What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Guys ... not too enthusiastic: The question first of all remains:

Is this report about two additional J-20's in early 2016 just arumour and wishfull thinking or based on facts and maybe internal reports ?

Not that I question that there will be more next year and even more I'm also sure that the next birds will more like '10x'-serials or pre-serilas than prototypes ... however where are the reports from that "soon" two more will appear ?

Deino

Last edited:
I really think that there are more than enough prototypes as of now.
We don't get as many echoes as from other mil avia nations on the test results and that may have us
believe it's not progressing which is not verifiably true. I mean, what could be checked with 10 prototypes
that cannot be with 8? Unless, have they planned 9 crash tests? :o:

No, seriously, an old-school program would see a hiatus in production to obtain test results, decide changes
and prepare the production line for the standard delivery versions.
As things stand, it's a reasonable bet for any half-astute observer that China has instead a logical preference
for concurrency, that was present on the J-10 series so we know the designers and maker can be trusted, and
that the next J-20s are very likely to be LRIP just as Rafale and F-35 programs have done.

BTW, if you make 18 prototypes, would that be called a test squadron or a prototype squadron? :what:
Rich solution in any case, right?

And just for fun as a Christmas gift for our Chinese crew, the image below is from a French gaming forum.
Well, they're more than that, it's hard to explain and thus to categorize. I thought you'd like it in any case.
battlefield4_319.jpg

BandeDehoufs
The game is Battlefield 4 Legacy Operations Dragon Valley 2015.

Have a great day all, Tay.

Guys ... not too enthusiastic: The question first of all remains:

Is this report about two additional J-20's in early 2016 just arumour and wishfull thinking or based on facts and maybe internal reports ?

Not that I question that there will be more next year and even more I'm also sure that the next birds will more like '10x'-serials or pre-serilas than prototypes ... however where are the reports from that "soon" two more will appear ?

Deino

2018、2019 already spotted。PLUS 2101. :-)

Me too .... since it simply sounds too good to be true !

Having more prototypes suggests that the J-20 program is not as advanced/progressed as had originally thought.

Having more prototypes suggests that the J-20 program is not as advanced/progressed as had originally thought.
Unless you have personal experience in aviation or even R/D, please stop making silly statements like this.

If you can afford it, multiple test platforms are ideal. Instead of modifying a test platform, you can have concurrent test platforms running different versions of whatever it is that you want to test. You can have real time differential test data to correlate hypotheses instead of waiting for the modded platform, especially in aviation where certain environmental conditions, are not always available, such as ground barometric pressure that can changes from hour to hour.

Repairing a F-16 Central Air Data Computer (CADC)
This LRU processes air data (static pressure, total pressure, angle of attack, barometric pressure, and temperature) for use in other aircraft subsystems. These measurements and resulting data are all critical for safe, effective flight.
Two or three different test platforms flying different versions of the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) under the same environmental conditions will allows you fine tune your air data algorithms.

Unless you have personal experience in aviation or even R/D, please stop making silly statements like this.

If you can afford it, multiple test platforms are ideal. Instead of modifying a test platform, you can have concurrent test platforms running different versions of whatever it is that you want to test. You can have real time differential test data to correlate hypotheses instead of waiting for the modded platform, especially in aviation where certain environmental conditions, are not always available, such as ground barometric pressure that can changes from hour to hour.

Repairing a F-16 Central Air Data Computer (CADC)

Two or three different test platforms flying different versions of the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) under the same environmental conditions will allows you fine tune your air data algorithms.

Fair enough, but the construction of additional prototypes could also signify that problems or deficits have been found with the current iteration and need to be rectified on a redesigned platform.

For comparison's sake, the F-22 had 8 pre-LRIP prototypes and Sukhoi is planning to make do with 5.

Not if these prototypes are of the same copy, just to see if some unexpected errors would pop up. Having more flying only speed up the process.

I think its a good sign!!

Hope guys who took pics of the birds will release same soon。:-)

Aure You nreferring to this (and similar) reports ?

背心这话啥意思?还有2018、2019?(16楼大神出没)-第2页-空军版-超级大本营军事论坛-最具影响力军事论坛 -

What I really would love to see is a J-10 factory fresh in its yellow primer similar to the many J-10s we know.

Not sure ... or at least not necessarily ! If they are low-rate initial serial ones to be assigned to the FTTC it would be fine.

By the way, are there reports about a possible twin-seater ?

Deino

Back
Top Bottom