What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Why is it difficult to understand that a closed weapons bay produces less aerodynamic drag than an opened one?

This has nothing to do with RCS to begin with because in a dogfight the other guy can already see you.:omghaha:

IvesjUp.jpg

392671799_06b6b950d0_z.jpg

Shame on you.
How do you know I have no say? Have you worked in the industry as I have?
Do you know people in the industry as I do?
NO.
Shame on you twice more, because in your pointless defence you ignored the underlying causes I have for the problems.
Shame on you thrice, as you ignored how I stated these improvements were made and are made.

Shame on you as a Chinese for eternity, because you have no idea what China has given and not given. You have no idea how Chinese realize these issues and strive to improve them. You are insulting their efforts by pretending its all ok.
Shame on you for resorting to a cheap attack for a cheap defense when it is not needed.

Shame and more shame!
You simply don't know what QA means. You claimed your that experience of many years with F-16 went into JF-17? Bullsh-t!

It's more shame as you claim that you have made contribution to improve Chinese....

PRlid.gif

LOL.... buddy, have you ever ventured outside the Chinese Defence section of PDF?

Oscar knows what he's talking about.

I am sure that Oscar knows a lot of things, but he doesn't know what QA he's talking about! And I am pretty sure that you don't know a thing about QA either, do you?

Why is it difficult to understand that a closed weapons bay produces less aerodynamic drag than an opened one?
Right...

Buddy, asymmetric drag produced by uneven dispense of underwing loaded weapons is greater than an opened weapons bay.

Yours is just another exaggerated issue into a problem in trying to make this contraption on the J-20 palatable.

This has nothing to do with RCS to begin with because in a dogfight the other guy can already see you.
Still need radar for missile and gun solution.

But never mind...I guess we are talking about 'Chinese physics' here...

This has nothing to do with RCS to begin with because in a dogfight the other guy can already see you.:omghaha:

IvesjUp.jpg

exactly

but some dumb people beleive it that indeed it would have advantage in RCS reduction at WVR warfare:lol:

By citing such garbage ideology
The small red box represents the maximum side RCS for an air-to-air missile. The large red box represents the maximum side RCS of an opened weapon bay door. Obviously, the large red box is much bigger than the small red box. Hence, the Chengdu J-20 rotary weapon bay door reduces the exposure time of the large red box and confines the RCS reflection to the size of the small red box. In simple terms, the innovative Chengdu J-20 rotary weapon bay is superior to the traditional F-22 weapon bay for stealth.

which is absolute B.S

exactly

but some dumb people beleive it that indeed it would have advantage in RCS reduction at WVR warfare:lol:

I wouldn't accuse others of being dumb, RCS reduction is important even within visual range.I'd tell you why but I have a feeling I'd be wasting my time.

How could you be able to reason with a high school dropout fanatics? :lol:

Give up! :hitwall:
You must be talking about your friends.

One guy said it is about RCS...Another said it is not...Should work on coordinating their propaganda...:lol:

I wouldn't accuse others of being dumb, RCS reduction is important even within visual range.I'd tell you why but I have a feeling I'd be wasting my time.

Madam

kindly read the entire post which i posted

"Others" word is not meant for group of people but against that person whose post's i qouted in my post

Well RCS is important or not that's a different issue but At WVR range most kills have been atrributed to IR guided missiles yes RCS also counts no doubt it

But one must check the facts that indeed IR guided missiles have been the main killing missile

China Claims Innovation in J-20 Weapons Bay Design | Aviation International News

"China Claims Innovation in J-20 Weapons Bay Design
AIN Defense Perspective » April 5, 2013
by Brian Hsu

SXdQHsn.jpg

The second prototype of China’s J-20 combat aircraft taxiing with its starboard weapons-bay door open and a PL-10 air-to-air missile protruding. (Photo: Chinese Internet)

China’s under-development J-20 combat aircraft recently demonstrated its missile-launch mechanism, which the Chinese media tout as a simple but “more efficient” design than that of the American F-22.

J-20 number 2002, one of the two prototypes that have been made known to the public, carried a short-range air-to-air missile (AAM) aft of the air intake. The missile, identified as China’s newly developed PL-10, was shown in a video inside the starboard intake weapons bay before being moved outside the airplane by an ejection system. The door of the bay then closed, leaving the missile outside, but still attached to the airframe.

This arrangement is said to allow the missile to be fired in the shortest time possible. In the F-22 design, the door of its side internal weapons bay has to remain open for the launch of a missile, thus possibly compromising its stealth capability. By contrast, the J-20 could stay stealthy throughout the missile-launch process by keeping the bay door closed.

Despite the Chinese media’s acclaim for the J-20’s missile launch mechanism, Chen Kuo-ming, senior editor with the Taiwan-based Defence International magazine, said what’s more important is whether the J-20 could fire short-range AAMs from off-boresight angles as acute as those possible from the F-22. For the moment, the PL-10 does not seem to be comparable to the AIM-9X AAM of the F-22 in respect to off-boresight capability.

The J-20 is expected to begin air-to-air weapons firing tests soon. It carries two short-range PL-10s, one in each air-intake bay, and six to eight medium-range P-12s in the main internal weapons bay below the mid-fuselage."

Back
Top Bottom