What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Says who ?... You.. what are your qualifications ??

On whats grounds can you prove it as an AESA ?.. 120 IQ ?

Ever studied about radar engineering...

Answer one correctly I would show you the Indian X-band AESA FCR... along with Transistor chips...

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/asian-skies/2012/01/close-up-of-j-10b-and-j-20-aes.html

Chinese AESA radar for J-10B!!! Just look at the picture it is the same as the one from the other picture. It has over 1100 T/R mods, count it if you have time!!

Oh, you are indian you must have lots of free time, so take you sweet time and count it, it is around 1100-1200 T/R.

Here is the link again!!!

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/asian-skies/2012/01/close-up-of-j-10b-and-j-20-aes.html

Close up of J-10B and J-20 AESA set? - Asian Skies

Chinese AESA radar for J-10B!!! Just look at the picture it is the same as the one from the other picture. It has over 1100 T/R mods, count it if you have time!!

Oh, you are indian you must have lots of free time, so take you sweet time and count it, it is around 1100-1200 T/R.

Here is the link again!!!

Close up of J-10B and J-20 AESA set? - Asian Skies

Same crap again...

It has been proved that its a PESA antenna.. even that white paper confirms it.. better Update yourself..

and come up with some thing better.

Same crap again...

It has been proved that its a PESA antenna.. even that white paper confirms it.. better Update yourself..

Prove it is a PESA to me!!! Back up with source not indian source nor Russian source but Chinese source!!!!

haha, still in denial. What kinda of PESA would have slanted angle for the antena?? All the TR mods are clearly visiable!!! The middle IFF are a unique design for the J-10B AESA!!!

You can not find another radar like it, see just because you indians can not come up with AESA does not mean Chinese can not. Just because you indians can not come up witha 5th gen fighter does not mean China can not!!

That is why you are buying Rafale, lol. When it is delivered it will be 2015 or so and J-20 will be ready!! Beside J-10B alone is enough to handle your indian air force!

Same crap again...

There have been multiple sources confirming it's an AESA.
The only source saying it's a PESA was based on a mistranslation

hi, i am new to the forum and my English is worst (sorry in advanced). i read this thread from page 1, it is an interesting debate between Mr gambit,ptldM3 and martian2, i agree with Mr gambit, ptldM3 and i ask one question to martian2 that is how could APA simulate Physical Optics experiment, they didn't know what is the material of this aircraft, what is RAM coating used in the aircraft and as for canard there worst effect in the forward sector of airspace in the battlefield, giving extra surface to enemy radar and btw ptldM3 i read somewhere in net that Russian scientist that "we make PAK FA less stealthy than F-22
"
and one more question for ptldM3 does PAK FA have fixed intake or variable ramp intake just like su27, and last thing i do not degrading j-20, it's awesome fighter but it has some flaws, both J-20 and PAK FA has a great potential, remember both in devopment.

:disagree:
Where are the T/R modules I can't see that with my eyes.. can any one see T/R modules on AESA antenna without dismantling it ?.. or may be that is also a unique feature about Chinese design...:lol:

All Kinds of PESA can have slanted antenna... since it is ESA...

See for the translated posts made by a Pakistani poster Antibody in the Radar range thread... BTW P-ESA too has T/R modules in the form of Phase shifors but they are controlled by other devices unlike in AESA where they are Independent.

No AESA have those IFF Probes on the main antenna... That's common with PESA FCR in general even the South Korean AESA Don't have them...

Indian S-Band AESA for Airborne Surveillance..

iaf+indian+air+force+flight+operational+ERJ-145+indigenous+Airborne+Warning+and+Control+System+%2528AEW%2526C%2529+EMB-145I++brazilianarray+antenna+unit+%2528AAU%2529radar+%25284%2529.jpg

Indian 4D AESA LRTR with over 400km range...

x610.jpg

Indian X-Band AESA MMFCR for combat planes...

India%27s+AESA+radar+development.JPG

Indian Destroyer Kolkata class to be mounted with AESA..

INS1.jpg

This Ship enters Navy this year...

lol as usual!!

Your AESA are all imported!! All of China's AESA are designed and MADE IN CHINA: 052C, KJ-2000, J-10B, J-20, KJ-200, HQ-9A, all uses AESA radar!

From planes to ships all imported from Europe or Isreal. lol and you call it yours. :rolleyes::disagree:

LCA is crap!!! That radar you showed is a model, the picture I showed you actually was installed on J-10B. Why not show a picture of LCA with "your" AESA radar?? lol

Here is F-22's AESA radar.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...6&tbnw=139&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

Can you see the TR mods now??

Bill Sweetman on canards.

I remember talking this over with Paul Bevilaqua at the 1993 Powered Lift Conference in Palo Alto. If I remember correctly, one reason for the canard delta was that it was good for the cross-sectional area distribution (area ruling) and hence transonic drag.

The challenge was that the shaft-driven lift fan design inevitably had a big cross-section peak well forward, where the inlets wrapped around the fan bay (it needed a large-diameter fan and lots of airflow to work). A canard delta compensated for that by moving the thickest part of the wing as far back as possible.

Somehow I don't think we're going to see a J-20 with a lift fan. However, don't be surprised if the weapons bays turn out to be more capacious (and versatile) than on other designs. It looks like the idea of the canard configuration is to get a large-volume mid-body section through the transonic zone and into supersonic flight with minimal fuss, bother and expenditure of fuel.

From JAST To J-20

Oh man i’d love to see PAF equiped with this beast, it’ll sure give our air defence a BIG boost, what is the price tag plus when will it be ready for exports and the million dollar question, will pakistan be the first customer for this baby.

So id PAC have initiated a separate project for the 5th Generation aircraft or they are planning to have this J-20s

Huitong created a new section on his site for the J-19.

If I remember correctly, Huitong reported on the J-20 taxi trials several weeks before the first pictures came out.

A scale-down model of J-19 was unveiled by the 601 Institute at the first International UAV Innovation Grand Prix held in Beijing in September 2011. It was first rumored in April 2011 that 601/SAC are developing a 4th generation medium multi-role stealth fighter as J-19 (or J-21?). The aircraft has a conventional design featuring twin engines and DSIs similar to American F-22 and F-35. The prototype could initially be powered by the 8.5t class WS-13 turbofan but later by the new 9.5t class "medium thrust" engine. A full-scale metal model may have been built in early 2011. The first prototype has been under construction since late 2011. First flight was projected to be in September 2012. J-19 is expected to be promoted at the international market as well as a low-cost alternative to American F-35.

- Last Updated 2/24/12

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

J-19_model.jpg

Back
Top Bottom