What's new

Chengdu J-10C deliveries & follow up news

Probably unreliable engines. The Chinese airforce might have refused delivery of the planes.
Reliable engines, even by Russian standards is proving to be a bridge too far for the Chinese.
With the western bloc and Russia tightening controls on technology transfer to China , i dont see how the Chinese will get a breakthrough in jet engines. Already upward of 25 b usd has been invested in engine development.
China will eventually allow Pakistan to integrated non- Chinese sub-systems from Turkey.
Why would Pakistan do that ? I thought 10c is the equivalent of the f16v ?

of course, China will not do for itself, but what if Pakistan wants to do exactly that? Either China will make a better targeting pod or allow Pakistan to integrate that with it. The answer is, both are available for Pakistan all the time. It will bring Turkey and China closer.
Integrate avionic and targeting pod are 2 different thing. Avionic integration need source code. China will never allow source code to be release for J-10C. We have hears nonsense of Thales RC-400 radar going to be integrate into JF-17. End up after so many years, it still stick with Chinese radar and avionics.
Probably unreliable engines. The Chinese airforce might have refused delivery of the planes.
Reliable engines, even by Russian standards is proving to be a bridge too far for the Chinese.
With the western bloc and Russia tightening controls on technology transfer to China , i dont see how the Chinese will get a breakthrough in jet engines. Already upward of 25 b usd has been invested in engine development.
Didnt the fruit of Z-20 helo engine runs smoothly without problem? The engine even outperform T700 of blackhawk.
Looks like the USD 25 billion is well worth spend.

If engine is a problem, we wouldnt even will talk about sales of J-10C to PAF.

Integrate avionic and targeting pod are 2 different thing. Avionic integration need source code. China will never allow source code to be release for J-10C. We have hears nonsense of Thales RC-400 radar going to be integrate into JF-17. End up after so many years, it still stick with Chinese radar and avionics.
First, let J-10 C come to Pakistan, Then comes the rest.

I’m still skeptical of the claims that China will export J-10C to Pakistan this year. Should that happen, Pakistan will need to maintain a nee variant of engine (WS-10 since China stopped importing AL-31s) and I don’t see the PAF swayed until the variant has flown on J-10C in PLAAF for a couple of years at least.

First, let J-10 C come to Pakistan, Then comes the rest.
Sorry, not possible. If PAF even didnt twit their F-16 for whatever they want. They will not do it on J-10C without Chinese support and permission to void any further service and support. Plus destroying the goodwill from Chinese will do harm in future. Pakistan military establishment are more rational than fans aside.

Is the news of Pakistan getting J10 even have any solid background to it?

NO news in Public domain, only hearsay, Need is there, so is the expectation and desire.

as per new geo political scenario things are different so we cannot just throw the assumption of "China will never allow ...." or "Russia will never allow ....." i think China and Turkey together can do WONDERS as one have vast experience of Russian technology where as the other has extensive knowledge of Western systems, deadly combo if you ask me

Why would Pakistan do that ? I thought 10c is the equivalent of the f16v ?

Oh come on, can you please stop making stupid assumptions based on wishful thinking?

From all we know there was indeed a delivery delay but in fact NOTHING hints towards an engine issue since from the latest images available these aircraft were all gone and delivered.

So, NO unreliable engines regardless how you wish this to be a reason.

why would pakistan want j10 with block 3 jf17 under production? also project azm... seems counterintuitive

In case I once again did not notice sarcasm, I already apologise, BUT NO:

This is NOT a "J-10 C parked at Masroor Airbase,Pakistan" It is a more or less basic desk-top model of a J-10C in as yet What if markings and serial numbers. This does NOT "confirm that PAF has unknown number of J-10 C jet fighters"!

Guys ... either you must work on your humour by adding certain emojis so that stupid Germans like me can notice sarcasm or should do some sort of reality check!
ich libe dutchland.

why would pakistan want j10 with block 3 jf17 under production? also project azm... seems counterintuitive
Make a combo of the both to beat the adversary having more sophisticated weapons from around the world.

Oh come on, can you please stop making stupid assumptions based on wishful thinking?

From all we know there was indeed a delivery delay but in fact NOTHING hints towards an engine issue since from the latest images available these aircraft were all gone and delivered.

So, NO unreliable engines regardless how you wish this to be a reason.
So many in previous pages suspect the same but you have to pick my post .
J10c came into service in 2018 and in less than 2 years is already facing delivery issues.
2 possibilities -
These are completed planes but end user is not accepting for whatever reason.
2nd possibility, the planes are not ready . But new planes are never kept outside, exposed to the elements, if they are not ready in all aspects. No one keeps scores of incomplete planes parked outside the assembly sheds, rusting away for months.

Make a combo of the both to beat the adversary having more sophisticated weapons from around the world.
I would expect Pakistan to induct j31 in the future. Buying into another 4th gen platform is not sensible.

Back
Top Bottom