What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

What about this one, this is the most clear pic?

Attachments

• 15497619_200905260827326058600.jpg
    15497619_200905260827326058600.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 72
THe best sofar. Only the cockpit glass seems to be strange but seen that also on certainly not PS pics. High probablity of authentic pic.

Cockpit looks strange on the reduced pics...kinda weird...but If you click to view the full size, the cockpit looks just fine.

Just judging the action then this should be the high speed taxi tests...

its code 01 mean its first of fc-20.nice improvement keep it up China.

:china::pakistan:
sir kindly let me know that how do you distinguished it being FC20 from a J10! they seem same to me, what are the visible differences in the pic,

thankyou

regards!

sir kindly let me know that how do you distinguished it being FC20 from a J10! they seem same to me, what are the visible differences in the pic,

thankyou

regards!

While your question was to Imran Khan, and I am sure he will reply to you but let me add my few cents.

The "01" you see on the inlet (the DSI) indiciates that this is a prototype number 1. Its pretty evident they are experimenting DSI, new ECM on the tail, different type of radome, IRST, bigger elevators, etc on this.

So if this works out well, it is reasonable to assume that this will be the standard model for future J-10 to be manufactured, just like after developing blk 40 and 50 F-16s, LM doesn't go back to manufacture blk-15 anymore. Obviously, if this model is kept then it means it is an improvement over the previous one and the design will be present for both PLAAF and export versions.

FC-20 is still 4+ yrs away, which is significant time for any prototype tested now or even in the near future to mature and enter serial production.

While your question was to Imran Khan, and I am sure he will reply to you but let me add my few cents.

The "01" you see on the inlet (the DSI) indiciates that this is a prototype number 1. Its pretty evident they are experimenting DSI, new ECM on the tail, different type of radome, IRST, bigger elevators, etc on this.

So if this works out well, it is reasonable to assume that this will be the standard model for future J-10 to be manufactured, just like after developing blk 40 and 50 F-16s, LM doesn't go back to manufacture blk-15 anymore. Obviously, if this model is kept then it means it is an improvement over the previous one and the design will be present for both PLAAF and export versions.

FC-20 is still 4+ yrs away, which is significant time for any prototype tested now or even in the near future to mature and enter serial production.

the thing i was confused at is that how do you state that it is a prototype for future FC20, couldnt it be an old pic of the J10 first prototype?? there must be some physical features that let you know that it is different from the J10, can you kindly shed light on it! i will appreciate if we can have pictorial comparision! it will also be benificial for other members!!

and this time my request is for all members who ever can come up with the solution post! :cheesy: ;)

regards!

This might be helpful

added: another one

the thing i was confused at is that how do you state that it is a prototype for future FC20, couldnt it be an old pic of the J10 first prototype?? there must be some physical features that let you know that it is different from the J10, can you kindly shed light on it! i will appreciate if we can have pictorial comparision! it will also be benificial for other members!!

and this time my request is for all members who ever can come up with the solution post! :cheesy: ;)

regards!

As you can see from the pictures posted above, in both cases the upper one is the J10 (existing) while the lower one is the J-10b.

See most of the things that were changed in the J10b are systems or subsystems that were developed later...later than the first version of the J10. For example, the DSI (air intakes) were tested on prototype 04 of the JF-17. Similarly, the ECM fairings ( on top of the tail) is somewhat similar to the one tested on the JF-17. It did not exist in the previous J10. Same goes with slanted radome (grey nose at front)...you can see the difference from the previous version. The IRST was developed for the J-11 which also wasn't present in the previous version.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Too many photos from too many different angles for the recent J-10B pics to be fake.

Looks like the project is moving along on time, and will begin to be delivered to Pakistan as soon as it enters PLAAF serial production.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom