What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

China shall finance two squadrons of J10c for PAF, to make this thread a nice ending.

almost 12 years, J10 is not coming.

Pardon, but why do some of you always think that china should finance, china should give for free??

If Pakistan want a few J-10s it should negotiate a deal, but for free that's an attitude I cannot understand ... nothing is for free in life.

Pardon, but why do some of you always think that china should finance, china should give for free??

If Pakistan want a few J-10s it should negotiate a deal, but for free that's an attitude I cannot understand ... nothing is for free in life.
its just my personal willing, fanboy stuff.

China shall finance two squadrons of J10c for PAF, to make this thread a nice ending.

Despite the “iron” relationship between the two countries, I don’t think Pakistan should freeload off China’s goodwill. J-10s (not to mention j-10C) are already expensive and giving them out would be a large loss. Also, if China were to give out free J-10Cs, that would set a precedent where Pakistan might ask for more free stuff. The US does not give out free equipment to its allies ... y should China not do the same?

Yep. If China gives out free equipment, then Pakistan might take it for granted (nothing against Pakistanis ... just human nature)

Despite the “iron” relationship between the two countries, I don’t think Pakistan should freeload off China’s goodwill. J-10s (not to mention j-10C) are already expensive and giving them out would be a large loss. Also, if China were to give out free J-10Cs, that would set a precedent where Pakistan might ask for more free stuff. The US does not give out free equipment to its allies ... y should China not do the same?

Yep. If China gives out free equipment, then Pakistan might take it for granted (nothing against Pakistanis ... just human nature)
well, we can do it when push comes to shove.

FC1 with AESA radar and more powerful engine plus it small size as good as J10 in air combat.

Of course the US does give free money to people it wants to.
Jews get 3 billion dollars in grant every year and they need to use a proportion of that to "buy" US equipment.
As part of the peace agreement to accept the Jewish presence in the ME, both Egypt and Jordan also get many billions of free money each year.

China does give free money to Pakistan as it is in it's strategic interest to keep a friendly Pakistan strong - tie down India and access to the warm waters of the Arabian sea.
I agree with @wanglaokan as a couple of squadrons of J-10Cs will cost China little for a lot of gain. I think that China just gives Pakistan stuff on soft "loans" and then does not ask for it back.

Of course the US does give free money to people it wants to.
Jews get 3 billion dollars in grant every year and they need to use a proportion of that to "buy" US equipment.
As part of the peace agreement to accept the Jewish presence in the ME, both Egypt and Jordan also get many billions of free money each year.

China does give free money to Pakistan as it is in it's strategic interest to keep a friendly Pakistan strong - tie down India and access to the warm waters of the Arabian sea.
I agree with @wanglaokan as a couple of squadrons of J-10Cs will cost China little for a lot of gain. I think that China just gives Pakistan stuff on soft "loans" and then does not ask for it back.
few billions a year wont be any problem.

How about gripen is also less capable than the j10 since its smaller

I think that comparison is off since you barely know the systems installed and their capabilities even more since they are from a different source: So to assume a Gripen is smaller than a J-10 so it is less capable is not possible since you did not mention, what variant (Gripen A, C, E) against a J-10A, B, C ???

However we can assume that given the same source and therefore level of technology of a JF-17 and a J-10C I'm sure one can say a smaller radar fitted to a smaller fighter with a less powerful engine from the same manufactor can barely be superior or even the same as a large one, with a more powerful engine and larger radar.

d2d996a3gy1fsfd7lmniuj20rs0ieaev.jpg

154d8859bad46623111292.jpg

Last edited:
How about gripen is also less capable than the j10 since its smaller
Should have a smaller radar

I doubt anyone in Pakistan has asked for free j10s...fan boys are fanboys

Back
Top Bottom