What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

hasnain0099@:
China's Jian-12 or J-12 (F-12 for foreign markets) is 5th generation multirole jet due to fly by 2012 and enter service by 2015.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
you are wrong.China's Jian-12 is not 5th generation multirole jet.they are in museum now.

p.aspx

p.aspx

p.aspx

hasnain0099@:
China's Jian-12 or J-12 (F-12 for foreign markets) is 5th generation multirole jet due to fly by 2012 and enter service by 2015.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
you are wrong.China's Jian-12 is not 5th generation multirole jet.they are in museum now.

p.aspx

p.aspx

p.aspx

Accept my appologies lets call it JXX the word J-12 might be used due to the fact that still the exact desgination is missing some call it J-13 and some J-14.I would be more appriciative if you would provide any thing on the real issue i.e. the induction date and recent developments in the program.J-12 is not my personal designation it is used in the post the link is also attached for your convenience

Last edited:
well the chines fifth generation fighter plane project is recognized as JXX or XXJ, all the designations like J12, J13 or so on are the rumored possible designation the plane will be given once it is developed and becomesa reality! at the moment it is under development though no one know at what stage. the russians have reported the chines fifth generatio programme ahead of there own project!

anyway to avoid confusion we must call it JXX!
but guys there are still years before we must really start discussing the JXX, for now it is thime of J10 and FC20!

regards!

well the chines fifth generation fighter plane project is recognized as JXX or XXJ, all the designations like J12, J13 or so on are the rumored possible designation the plane will be given once it is developed and becomesa reality! at the moment it is under development though no one know at what stage. the russians have reported the chines fifth generatio programme ahead of there own project!

anyway to avoid confusion we must call it JXX!
but guys there are still years before we must really start discussing the JXX, for now it is thime of J10 and FC20!

regards!

but still makes an interesting point
JXX ready in 2015
PAF's FC-20 Taking flight in 2015
I think PAF is gonna get this bird ToT especially with MCRA compitition yielding 128 more fighters for IAF any other comments?
Chinese are ahead here are some intereting snaps for you :police:

FC-20 M-MRCA Emerges​

China’s Sichuan-based Chengdu Aerospace Corp (CAC) and its affiliated 611 Institute has begun a hectic but structured flight-test programme for the FC-20 medium multi-role combat aircraft (M-MRCA), whose launch export customer is the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). The PAF has an initial requirement for 36 single-seaters and four tandem-seat operational conversion trainers, and envisages a total requirement for 80 FC-20s distributed among four squadrons.

The first single-seat FC-20 prototype was rolled out by CAC last December and it made its maiden flight last March. Derived from the CAC-built J-10A Vigorous Dragon M-MRCA, the FC-20 incorporates an under-nose modified lightweight air inlet, redesigned vertical tailfin, strengthened underwing inner pylons designed for carrying standoff precision-guided munitions (PGM) like the glide kit-equipped LS-6, nose-mounted infra-red search-and-track (IRST) system, a glass cockpit equipped with a holographic wide-angle heads-up display (HUD), a pair of inverted-gull wings (with the inner upper portion extending slightly downward, while the outer portion extending flat), a fixed in-flight refuelling probe, a large vertical tail, twin ventral stabilisers for providing greater stability at high angles of attack, and a single AL-31FN-M1 turbofan engine rated at 132.4kN thrust with afterburning. In August 2005 China had inked a USD 300 million contract with Russia’s Rosoboronexport State Corp to acquire initial 100 such engines. The entire R&D phase of the FC-20 is being carried out under the oversight of China’s state-owned China Aviation Industry Corp (AVIC).

The FC-20 will be able to carry 4.5 tonnes of weapons payload, and will come equipped with 11 hardpoints for carrying a wide range of air combat missiles (both within-visual-range and beyond-visual-range) and PGMs. The FC-20’s performance parameters include a maximum combat radius of 2,540km (1,370nm) in a hi-lo-hi mission profile, or of 1,310km (710nm) in a lo-lo-lo mission profile when carrying a 1,810kg (4,000lb) weapons payload.

The M-MRCA will have an empty weight of 9,750kg, maximum takeoff weight of 19,277kg, internal fuel capacity of 4,500kg, maximum speed of Mach 2 at high altitude and Mach 1.2 at sea level, takeoff run of 500 metres, combat radius of 1,100km, and a service ceiling of 18,000 metres. The FC-20 has a wingspan of 8.78 metres, overall length of 14.57 metres, height of 4.78 metres, and a gross wing area of 33.1 square metres. The airframe features high-quality welding, but is overwhelmingly of metallic construction, with composites accounting for only 12 per cent of the fuselage area.

CAC and its affiliated 611 Institute are now preparing to roll-out a tandem-seat deep interdictor variant of the FC-20, which, like the single-seater, will be equipped with a laser target acquisition/designation pod, laser-/GPS-guided PGMs, as well as PL-9C within-visual-range and PL-12 beyond-visual-range air combat missiles built by the Luoyang Opto-Electro Technology Development Centre. Design of this variant of the FC-20 is derived from the J-10B operational conversion trainer that made its maiden flight on 26 December 2003.

The FC-20’s tandem-seat variant will feature a stretched forward fuselage and a single-piece bubble canopy. Its dorsal spine will be enlarged to accommodate those avionics displaced by the rear cockpit. The PAF is widely expected to equip its FC-20s with the SELEX Galileo-built X-band Vixen 500E airborne active phased-array fire-control radar. The glass cockpit avionics suite will includes a wide-angle holographic HUD with up-front control panel and a video camera, twin monochrome AMLCD-based multifunction displays, a single colour AMLCD head-down display, infra-red sensors for a helmet-mounted sight, hands-on-throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) controls, ring-laser-gyro-based inertial navigation system, air data computer, ARW-9101A radar warning receiver, Type 634 digital quadruplex fly-by-wire flight control system using a MIL-STD-1553B digital data bus, and a digital fuel management system and stores management system.

The FC-20’s compound delta-wing configuration will offer two important aerodynamic qualities. The swept leading edge of the wing will stay ahead of the shock-wave generated by the FC-20’s nose during supersonic flight, thus making the compound delta-wing a very efficient aerodynamic wing shape for supersonic flight. The leading edge of compound delta-wing will also generate a massive vortex that will attach itself to the upper surface of the wing during high angle-of-attack (AoA) manoeuvres, resulting in very high stall points.

Last edited:
Ironman,

I am still not 100% sure that PAF will get FC20. The conract still talks about J10A order. Bu on the other hand why wait till 2014 if we know hat J10A is outdated at this moment. The plane is impressive MRCA. Range could be better but fine for PAF.

Ironman,

I am still not 100% sure that PAF will get FC20. The conract still talks about J10A order. Bu on the other hand why wait till 2014 if we know hat J10A is outdated at this moment. The plane is impressive MRCA. Range could be better but fine for PAF.

C'mon sir FC-20 is PAF Customized Plane

but still makes an interesting point
JXX ready in 2015
PAF's FC-20 Taking flight in 2015
I think PAF is gonna get this bird ToT especially with MCRA compitition yielding 128 more fighters for IAF any other comments?
Chinese are ahead here are some intereting snaps for you :police:

First is just a fanboy CGI circulating on the internet for quite some time;

second is a fake photoshop using images of F-22 raptor;

third is a real photo of a F-22 raptor being painted at the Lookheed Martin Fort Worth plant;

fourth one.....hmmmm....I don't know, maybe another CGI. :enjoy:

First is just a fanboy CGI circulating on the internet for quite some time;

second is a fake photoshop using images of F-22 raptor;

third is a real photo of a F-22 raptor being painted at the Lookheed Martin Fort Worth plant;

fourth one.....hmmmm....I don't know, maybe another CGI. :enjoy:

Well who can tell but the looks preety real though
yap the painting seems like F-22 Raptor
but the buildings in the Flying pic seem like chinese

Well who can tell but the looks preety real though
yap the painting seems like F-22 Raptor
but the buildings in the Flying pic seem like chinese

is it really difficult to photoshop a picture of flying f 22 on a picture of a chinese city skyline? (in this case it is probably Beijing)

I know about these pictures because they have been posted before on this forum, pakdef.info and PDF and knowledgeable members, many of them chinese, have dissed them to be fake. :enjoy:

Just my opinion, I don't think an authentic photo or sketch of the chinese 5th generation fighter program will be avalaible on the internet before 2015.

Last edited:
is it really difficult to photoshop a picture of flying f 22 on a picture of a chinese city skyline? (in this case it is probably Beijing)

I know about these pictures because they have been posted before on this forum, pakdef.info and PDF and knowledgeable members, many of them chinese, have dissed them to be fake. :enjoy:

Just my opinion, I don't think an authentic photo or sketch of the chinese 5th generation fighter program will be avalaible on the internet before 2015.
well there is always a diversity in views but keeping inview the article if JXX is to be inducted in 2015 then its tests should be underway now or atleast it should be in final systems design process
well as far as simmilarity is concerned its not necessary that JXX should be a different AC in Shape.If Raptor Shape serves the purpose then why to invest in R&D of new shapes.I think Chinese are doing it this way

well i read it some where that JXX is ahead of PAK FA so expect it early

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom