What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Please read my post again. Where did I mention WS10? J31 is currently flying with RD93s. When we do get WS13/15 do you think PAF would want to continue going for RD93? Please also note the financial situation that we are in. It does not behove another platform whhich would need anothere setup of infra structure and years of practice to get used to and train pilots. People here have a tendency to think that we have a love affair with the F16, which is why we want more and more of them. That is a serious inconsideration odf the capability of the senior brass of PAF to think and act. In fact it is the consideration of the infrastructure that is already set up that is forcing PAF to continue going for more F16s. A squadron of F16 and a couple of MLUed F16s squadrons will see us safely into the period that you are mentioning. Where there is a capability gap, dont think that China will be able to fulfill that gap vis a vis IAF. So J10B will not satisfy that role. As to numbers please consider your buying power against the buying power of the Indians. You wil never win at the numbers game with them and if you try you will bankrupt yourself.
With the exception of the PAKFA all the fighters that you have mentioned can be countered with our current strategy and decent AMRAAMs. So the need for J10 remains unproven even on that count. The future war theatre will be concentrated around AWAACS interlinking of planes and secure communications as well as advanced AMRAAMS rather than too much of close in fighting. If JFT is at Par with the F16Bl15(the most maneouverable paltform that PAF has) we are in good stead in the latter scenario. Considering the delays IAF is having in inducting Rafale we dont need to rush into anything ,but concentrate on improving our economy and further improve and mature the JFT as much as is possible. I was immensely surprised to learn a few months ago an assessment from PAF insiders which seemed to suggest that the possibilities of improvement on the JFT and its advancement is much more than the J10Bs. It would really surprise me if the PAF are saying this without any proof.
Araz

thank you sir but i have some questions to ask do you think that j31 will setisfy us ? i have heard that it will not going to be a pure 5th gen fighter but 4++ stealthy fighter rather j20 is better plane then j31

thank you sir but i have some questions to ask do you think that j31 will setisfy us ? i have heard that it will not going to be a pure 5th gen fighter but 4++ stealthy fighter rather j20 is better plane then j31

Weare very far from that stage,as the plane is still indevelopment. we need to wait for those Answers.I think PAF top brass seems to think so

more issues with the chinese powerplant.....

"The production of J-10B has been postponed, due to the production quality issues of WS-10B. However it was speculated that the first batch of production J-10Bs would be powered by Russian AL-31FN engine and could enter the service with PLAAF 44th Division in late 2013. The latest images (March 2013) indicated that the 1031 prototype has been modified with ECM antennas installed ahead of the canard foreplanes similar to those onboard 1035, which represents the final configuration before the production. A further upgraded semi-stealth variant with CFT (J-10C?) was rumored to be under development but no information is available."

more issues with the chinese powerplant.....

"The production of J-10B has been postponed, due to the production quality issues of WS-10B. However it was speculated that the first batch of production J-10Bs would be powered by Russian AL-31FN engine and could enter the service with PLAAF 44th Division in late 2013. The latest images (March 2013) indicated that the 1031 prototype has been modified with ECM antennas installed ahead of the canard foreplanes similar to those onboard 1035, which represents the final configuration before the production. A further upgraded semi-stealth variant with CFT (J-10C?) was rumored to be under development but no information is available."

Issues and setbacks are actually good in engineering, as they force you to iron out the kinks. It shows that full effort is underway.

Issues and setbacks are actually good in engineering, as they force you to iron out the kinks. It shows that full effort is underway.

In that cast, LCA is the finest machine and Indians are world class engineers. :lol:

ON TOPIC. I guess this thread need to be closed down or moved to Chinese section, as there is no dedicated J-10 thread and shouldn't open or bring back thread to PAF section unless some solid proof comes up that pakistan is actually acquiring the j-10s.

In that cast, LCA is the finest machine and Indians are world class engineers. :lol:

ON TOPIC. I guess this thread need to be closed down or moved to Chinese section, as there is no dedicated J-10 thread and shouldn't open or bring back thread to PAF section unless some solid proof comes up that pakistan is actually acquiring the j-10s.

LCA is taking time because it's not their priority. It's like a parallel program for self-learning. They are learning a lot, just at a slow pace. Majority of their requirement is being met by SU30MKIs, Mirage 2000, Mig29 and the MMRCA. If LCA was destined to form the backbone like JF-17 is for PAF, then they would have too be able to put all the funding and manpower into it.

If you don't attempt something you will not know if it will work or not. In engineering, drawings and concept are the easy part.

Look a the F-35, F-22 Raptor development. Look at the Boeing 787 issues. Or the new Litorral Combat Ship programme of the US Navy. They all have issues which are found only after the product has been produced

LCA is taking time because it's not their priority. It's like a parallel program for self-learning. They are learning a lot, just at a slow pace. Majority of their requirement is being met by SU30MKIs, Mirage 2000, Mig29 and the MMRCA. If LCA was destined to form the backbone like JF-17 is for PAF, then they would have too be able to put all the funding and manpower into it.

If you don't attempt something you will not know if it will work or not. In engineering, drawings and concept are the easy part.

Look a the F-35, F-22 Raptor development. Look at the Boeing 787 issues. Or the new Litorral Combat Ship programme of the US Navy. They all have issues which are found only after the product has been produced

What did they learn from LCA?

I wonder if the visit by the Russian air force has anything to do with the export of the AL-31FN engine ?

I wonder if the visit by the Russian air force has anything to do with the export of the AL-31FN engine ?

Somehow I doubt it. PAF is already jittery about use of RD93 and would love to switch over to apowerplant from a sanction proof source but it is not happenning. I dont think it will complicate matters further by taking on AL31FN.The likelihood maybe setting up overhaul facilities for RD93 perhaps with some leeway to tweek things a bit.This may explain the visit to Kamra.
Araz

leak photos of j10 B are 1031,1033,1034,1035.
strang that no one ever seen 1032

184022yklsswesfizb1f1f.jpg

112156mlfzqj3kyidfeamf.jpg.thumb.jpg

230918nyzuuwtw5ww2q5ac.jpg.thumb.jpg

174359woyh9wvoyovh2u2z.jpg.thumb.jpg

very very impressive fighter design by the chinease

true mid 4th gen fighter

real threat to iaf su30mki me thinks

Back
Top Bottom