What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

good news but no member gussing the date of delivery ......def min say in weeks.......clarify weeks mean 250 weeks or 9 weeks....

i was guessing correctly , however the link of the picture i had posted previously , is dead so i will post houshangai's version of pictures

there are small changes of canard between j10b pt 01 and j10b pt 05
27_160884_d648d27a19a0989.jpg

27_160884_3ac391291f68f91.jpg

Thats why i posted the pic from same angle, the difference in angles may lead to different conclusion

here is J-10BS Scheme from defence production journal
6007829858_45149dd7bc_b.jpg

these mark points r cfts.the dorsal spine n the cfts look like exactly those of f-16.nice to see advance tech is abt to enter paf without restrictions on its use.

I saw same on F16 block50/52

These are conformal fuel tanks (CFT). They can be attached to the aircraft in a small amount of time to give it more range while minimizing performance loss.

These are conformal fuel tanks (CFT). They can be attached to the aircraft in a small amount of time to give it more range while minimizing performance loss.

Why dont we see it on current J-10As/B?

C. Supersonic cruise

About a year ago reported that YST have seen J-10 supersonic cruise can do short (like 15 minutes), YST guess may be experimenting with new research and development of turbofan-10II (WS-10B) to achieve.

But in China the focus of the target aircraft engines should be "Taihang", currently in production with a small amount of test equipment situation. Recently "Taihang" engine in a growing number of domestic J-11B fighters, and even special emphasis will be installed in the future on the J-15 aircraft carrier, "Taihang" engine reliability will be improved step by step.

J-10B's size and empty weight is only 8.6 tons, smaller than the F-16 **, body light, if equipped with the "Taihang" engine is certainly capable of supersonic cruise for a long time.

D. Invisible

J-10B in the shape significant changes in online leak of the news is an order of magnitude lower RCS. In fact, J-10A when the design has stealth considerations (such as BWB), RCS will not exceed 3m2. If the J-10B to reduce the RCS of an order of magnitude, then it the RCS should be in 0. 3m2 so. In accordance with the definition of YST, RCS is less than 1 is called stealth fighter aircraft, so J-10B could be included in a low-end of the stealth fighter.

1: Does J-10b have stealthy nozzles and super sonic cruise
2: RCS play very improtant in protecting From BVR so J-10b is semi stealth or Not stealth
3: Is it comparble with typhoon and Rafle coz both have sonic cruise and semi stealth in avionics i know both are comparble and it is better than F-16/c/d but i think ahead from westrn tech
so these are question i ask you can tell me answer and i need comfirm answer beacuse i have seen many different people gives difernet answer thanks it is my first question sorry for my bad english

The plane looks horrible with the two things sticking out on sides , for fuel its better that they don`t add these hideous monstrosities to the plane the plane is very beautiful with out these

Why dont we see it on current J-10As/B?

The CFT is something we expect to see on the future J-10C or J-10D multi role fighter.And a CFT will significantlly increase the weight of the J-10 to reduce its capability in dog fight.The current J-10B is an air superior fighter with 5th generation fighter level electronic warfairs,so no need the CFT to increse its range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom