What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I disagree, J-10B will see active service because
1- it offers a lot more over standard J-10 model so even PLAAF will be eagerly eyeing this as standard J-10 variant
2- The details of PAF deal indentified J-10 and even ACM said that PAF has no contribution towards 5th Gen which implies that PAF has not been eyeing J-20.

I agree with the post a above that J20 Might be FC20 at the end..Becuase FC20 contract was sighned in 2007 when airforce reduced number of F16.. and J10 Contract was sign in Nov 2009...since few years we are hearing abt J10 and FC20 being inducted...made many ppl confuse if we are getting J10...and no confirmed news in available where PAF has catagorically stated that pakistan has no contribution in 5th gen fighter....however even if we dont hve any contribution in RND that does not mean we cannot get it...
Regards

PAF would be going for the single engine version of whatever Chinese are gonna produce in the 5th Gen category. This current J-20 is not what PAF wants, its a huge aircraft and by the design and size it seems, its more likely to be for bombing missions compared to air superiority mission. It will do air to air combat, but the size means its more inclined towards carrying heavy payloads at large distances.

FC-20 is PAF designation for J-10B, not Chinese designation, thus it can't be confused with J-20, which is Chinese designation for their fighter.

FC-20s are J-10Bs for PAF and would be inducted hopefully as planned, while PAF would be and is looking at a single engine 5th Gen fighter from the Chinese.

And yeah as for the videos, had Chinese officials not wanted to leak out the J-20 pics, it would not have happened, but by letting to leak out or let people take pics of the J-20 means they are trying to send a message, that is why it is being allowed so openly, and that is why we don't see in flight videos of J-10B as its not a game changer or for sending any message to anyone, but a 5th gen aircraft is a message for someone or for some around the world.

PAF would be going for the single engine version of whatever Chinese are gonna produce in the 5th Gen category. This current J-20 is not what PAF wants, its a huge aircraft and by the design and size it seems, its more likely to be for bombing missions compared to air superiority mission. It will do air to air combat, but the size means its more inclined towards carrying heavy payloads at large distances.

FC-20 is PAF designation for J-10B, not Chinese designation, thus it can't be confused with J-20, which is Chinese designation for their fighter.

FC-20s are J-10Bs for PAF and would be inducted hopefully as planned, while PAF would be and is looking at a single engine 5th Gen fighter from the Chinese.

And yeah as for the videos, had Chinese officials not wanted to leak out the J-20 pics, it would not have happened, but by letting to leak out or let people take pics of the J-20 means they are trying to send a message, that is why it is being allowed so openly, and that is why we don't see in flight videos of J-10B as its not a game changer or for sending any message to anyone, but a 5th gen aircraft is a message for someone or for some around the world.

With all due respect sir i dont think that ur the policy maker of Pakistan Armed forces who will decide if pakistan will Hve 1 engine or 2 engine aircraft...ppl normally refer to so called doctrine in which PAF stated that it will hve 1 engine aircraft...how ever since 1965 PAF operated atleast 1 aircraft having 2 engine e.g F6 and A5...anyways i dont agree that Pakistan doctrine of not having 2 engine aircraft bacause main contents does not come out..... J10 would hve been given name of FC10 rather then FC20...anyways you might be right i respect your comments...regards

due to bad net connection, had it posted thrice... :P

Last edited:
nexeltroop

Agree!
"This current J-20 is not what PAF wants."

PAF won't need so heavy payloads at so large distances.

I belive No matter what cost China would develope an export 5'th G fighter,even no other partner investments.
It's Strategic thinking.

With all due respect sir i dont think that ur the policy maker of Pakistan Armed forces who will decide if pakistan will Hve 1 engine or 2 engine aircraft...ppl normally refer to so called doctrine in which PAF stated that it will hve 1 engine aircraft...how ever since 1965 PAF operated atleast 1 aircraft having 2 engine e.g F6 and A5...anyways i dont agree that Pakistan doctrine of not having 2 engine aircraft bacause main contents does not come out..... J10 would hve been given name of FC10 rather then FC20...anyways you might be right i respect your comments...regards

Yes Sir, thanks for letting me know that i am not the policy maker of PAF, which by the way i am not also.

Also, do remember, the 2-engine fighter aircraft that we had been operating or operated, were out of necessity, not due to our desire for 2-engine fighters.

I hope i don't have to repeat the pros and cons of double engine fighters with respect to the size and budget of PAF.

By the way, i do live among PAF people, so i do have a little bit of insight into the mindset of what PAF would ideally want and a 2-engine fighter is not their first priority.

Yes Sir, thanks for letting me know that i am not the policy maker of PAF, which by the way i am not also.

Also, do remember, the 2-engine fighter aircraft that we had been operating or operated, were out of necessity, not due to our desire for 2-engine fighters.

I hope i don't have to repeat the pros and cons of double engine fighters with respect to the size and budget of PAF.

By the way, i do live among PAF people, so i do have a little bit of insight into the mindset of what PAF would ideally want and a 2-engine fighter is not their first priority.
You know what, his thinking is the trickle down effect of 5th gen joint development thread:lol:

Agree!
"This current J-20 is not what PAF wants."

PAF won't need so heavy payloads at so large distances.

I belive No matter what cost China would develope an export 5'th G fighter,even no other partner investments.
It's Strategic thinking.

J-20 is not paf wanted and the demand by any developing country to have a fifth generation fighter is not a j-20 class fighter. though its true that china does not need any parter but yet considering the ever lasting trust and partnership between china and pakistan if pakistan can pursue china to develop a fifth generation fighter together for developing country's same ways as jf-17 will be most judicious decision for paf which will support paf at least for 40 years . :china::pakistan:

J-20 is not paf wanted and the demand by any developing country to have a fifth generation fighter is not a j-20 class fighter. though its true that china does not need any parter but yet considering the ever lasting trust and partnership between china and pakistan if pakistan can pursue china to develop a fifth generation fighter together for developing country's same ways as jf-17 will be most judicious decision for paf which will support paf at least for 40 years . :china::pakistan:

I dont know why are we talking about Joint development at the moment?...Its just not possible at this stage, PAF has a busy schedule ahead upto 2020 and honestly I see long procurement of 4.5th gen to match the numbers game before consideration of a 5th Gen. And it will likely be off the shelf as induction will be in limited numbers. I mean Chinese single engine 5th gen will be ready before PAF ends FC-20 Program which eliminates the chances of a JV.

I dont know why are we talking about Joint development at the moment?...Its just not possible at this stage, PAF has a busy schedule ahead upto 2020 and honestly I see long procurement of 4.5th gen to match the numbers game before consideration of a 5th Gen. And it will likely be off the shelf as induction will be in limited numbers. I mean Chinese single engine 5th gen will be ready before PAF ends FC-20 Program which eliminates the chances of a JV.

What we are is not start building 5th generation in pakistan right now but to join with chinese in R&D so that paf can gain valuable experience .after 2020 pakistan may think about getting 5th generation off the self or start manufacturing in pakistan if the economic and strategic situation sustain and demand that . before that i think pakistan might be busy in production of jf-17 in different blocks and getting fc-20 in large number to match the number game.

Back
Top Bottom