What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I think the colour scheme indicates its no more a prototype (absence of Yellow and silver scheme)...in PLAAF colours so I think it has probably entered into service!.....OMG!!!!!.......:victory::victory:

Not yet inducted, still going under testing.

looks like j10b prototypes in the distant warehouse of the pics

1278382806_76368.jpg

1278382805_47769.jpg

want to see them immediatley in paf fleet more than 50 needed in first batch or tranche 36 wont be enough atleast 150 hi tech jets needed by paf 250 second strike jets which we got already we have 65 hi tech F 16 50 more will bring the number to 115 than order 35 more J 10

ok, this J10B type is the newest type

J10BZ

it is the best type.

What does Z suggest here? Is 'Z' for the one with IFR or are we talking about something being added in for the future?
Just one more question, how many prototypes of J-10B are flying as of now?

Not yet inducted, still going under testing.

I can count 7 planes in yellow..in the second picture....I suspect them to be the prototypes...So this may be the final touch if it is in testing..I can assume that The current AC is most likely commercial model undergoing final trials...What makes me believe your argument is that the current AC is still without weapons....so I may assume that weapons integration and testing is still to come....what about engine...The one looks like WS-10 rather than AL-31F as WS-10A has wider nozels than AL-31F
here is a j-11 with Ws-10A
27140314e3a8b51b071b1be.jpg

now looking at J-10B against a SU-31 with AL-31..the nozel difference can be seen
su27_01.jpg

27_136179_29e9b43ab1a1a8e.jpg

I can count 7 planes in yellow..in the second picture....I suspect them to be the prototypes...So this may be the final touch if it is in testing..I can assume that The current AC is most likely commercial model undergoing final trials...What makes me believe your argument is that the current AC is still without weapons....so I may assume that weapons integration and testing is still to come....what about engine...The one looks like WS-10 rather than AL-31F as WS-10A has wider nozels than AL-31F
here is a j-11 with Ws-10A
27140314e3a8b51b071b1be.jpg

now looking at J-10B against a SU-31 with AL-31..the nozel difference can be seen
su27_01.jpg

27_136179_29e9b43ab1a1a8e.jpg

Plz check the last two pictures in post# 2605, you will see the nozzle changed. The engines are still the Al-31s, not WS-10. AL-31 nozzles can be opened and closed, but as per the above told pics its clear these are AL-31s.

There is no way that it can be told that in background the planes are J-10Bs or which one.

Neither by these pictures it can be said this is which variant, an operational one or not. It even may be the first prototype modified with IFR and being tested for aerial refueling or it can be the 3rd prototype or 4th one, as Chinese mostly make 4-5 prototypes and then certify the plane for serial production, for now, we have seen evidence of 3 prototypes, this is 4th or any of the old, that time will tell.

Well, i think the above pictures show something. couz we know chinese are full of surprises. they will inform us about its IOC when they have 2 squadrans of it running already.:china:

i hope that PAF gets these in due time ie by 2013~2014.

PAF will surely go for more then 36 once the initail 36 are evaluated unless China come up with something even better.... i dare to , some fifth generation plane.

regards!

i hope that PAF gets these in due time ie by 2013~2014.

PAF will surely go for more then 36 once the initail 36 are evaluated unless China come up with something even better.... i dare to , some fifth generation plane.

regards!

This Chain of events remind me of an article which I used to laugh at
Pakistan has rapidly moved from the design and development stage to deployment and operationalization phases of the JF-17 Thunder and beyond. Pakistan is working with China to imporve to the J-10s and the J-11s. Already the Pakistan feedback has paid its dividends in the newer versions of the J-10s and the J-11 and possibly the J-14s (J-xx).
PAF OWNS ABOUT 400 PLANES GOING TO ABOUT A THOUSAND IN THE NEXT DECADE: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has acquired 18 F-16 of the Block 52 series taking its total to 64, a squadron of jointly produced (China-Pakistan) JF 17 Thunder fighters. It has ordered some 36 J-10B fighters upgraded to the the Super 10– an upgraded version of the J-10 with a locally made Chinese TVC engine (beyond the WS-13). The PAF produced the K-8 trainer and is also working with the Chinese to produce L-15 supersonic trainers.
With the AESA equipped new J-10Bs, higher thrust engines and better EW/Avionics, PAF would reclaim the qualitative edge over the IAF. These J-10s would be superior in air combat than anything that the IAF fields today and would only be matched by a possible MRCA acquisition by India. Even then, with the 5 present contenders left in the MRCA, only the Eurofighter (assuming AESA radars) would be able to match the J-10 in air-to-air combat.
and interestingly
Some versions of the redesigned J-10s will take off in 2009, however the official flight date for the Pakistani FC-20s is 2015, but in actuality the Pakistanis are way ahead on the schedule and working beyond the J-10 redesigns. The PAF is looking beyond the JF-17 thunders and the J-10s. The design for the next generation of Pakistani aircraft has already begun. The Chinese J-10s are ready for export now. The redesign and upgrade of the FC-20s will take about five more years.

Back
Top Bottom