What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

@taimikhan

blue flame (ws-10)

27_77564_039b6415abd4660.jpg

whats the status of SD-10 BVRAAM, have there been live firings of SD-10 from J-10, I havent been able to find anything substantial & detailed about SD-10

whats the status of SD-10 BVRAAM, have there been live firings of SD-10 from J-10, I havent been able to find anything substantial & detailed about SD-10

There have been two modifications on SD-10 in recent years. The first modified variant is coded as SD-10A and PL-12A. You may be able to get an image of the PL-12a with google. The second modification finished last year, including a totally different guidance system and extended range. In Chinese it's a Pl-12G. It's now being inducted to PLAAF. Pl-12G firing tests were said to be successful but the firing platform was not specified. :cheers:

@taimikhan

blue flame (ws-10)

27_77564_039b6415abd4660.jpg

Thanks, so it would mean that WS-10 and AL-31s both have the blue flames. As i remember having seen red flaming engine on Su-27s.

Or is the red and blue flame natural and any engine can have any of the color as exhaust ???

│ _______
[██PAKISTAN███]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▅█ZINDABAD█▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
...◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Nops, it has canards, but it seems it is a twin tail design.

Ok thanks. It looks like chinese are wokring on more than one J10 upgrade version. one more question. FC20 has refueling probe. i read some where that this increases the RCS. am i right?
and also does anyone know the RCS of J10 or J10B/FC20?

Back
Top Bottom