What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

so u mean to say PAF needed to get J-10A rather J-10B

No, read carefully son. I mean to say PAF should have collaborated on J-10 project rather than JF-17. PLAAF will go forth with J-10B with or without Pakistan's consent. The J-10 is a bird entirely meant for PLAAF.

No, read carefully son. I mean to say PAF should have collaborated on J-10 project rather than JF-17. PLAAF will go forth with J-10B with or without Pakistan's consent. The J-10 is a bird entirely meant for PLAAF.

i had same thng in mind but now its useless to talk on what has happened coz its done n dusted ,currently we are discussing about the possible future avionics package for jf-17 :cheers:

i had same thng in mind but now its useless to talk on what has happened coz its done n dusted ,currently we are discussing about the possible future avionics package for jf-17 :cheers:

Look which thread you are in beta.

By the way, the only way to solve this mess will be to purchase J-10A as stop gap instead of paying 40 million a piece for JF-17 and then slowly integrate J-10B as it completes testing by 2020.

By the way, the only way to solve this mess will be to purchase J-10A as stop gap instead of paying 40 million a piece for JF-17 and then slowly integrate J-10B as it completes testing by 2020.

oops its my fault i was replying in different posts so mixed it up

i thnk J-10B should b inducted as soon as possible to counter the threat of Su-30 and Paf should by another platforn to counter the threat of MRCA

exactly .... but here is problem of money too... we went for jf-17 cos we were looking for cheap and capable aircraft thats what jf-17 is, but to compare with j-10, look at the price difference too ... jf-17 15 million dollar and j-10 40 million dollar .... but here again have different school of thoughts .. it would be better to have 60+ f-16 , 100+ , fc-20 , 30 or 40 mirage 2000 as option from UAE.. that have large fleet of 250 jf-17 . + f-7pg.... i mean less no and better quality

exactly .... but here is problem of money too... we went for jf-17 cos we were looking for cheap and capable aircraft thats what jf-17 is, but to compare with j-10, look at the price difference too ... jf-17 15 million dollar and j-10 40 million dollar .... but here again have different school of thoughts .. it would be better to have 60+ f-16 , 100+ , fc-20 , 30 or 40 mirage 2000 as option from UAE.. that have large fleet of 250 jf-17 . + f-7pg.... i mean less no and better quality

Yes, but so far 60 F-16 block 52, 100+ FC 20, 200 JF-17 (Block II) and Mirage 2000 from UAE is unrealistic...without these PAF looks to me weak........And if Pak get these then there is no worry but till then we have to worry as IAF upgrading their fleet......

india is upgrading its su-30mki with AESA radars by 2012. that is goina be a big challenge for PAF ... what i was trying to say rather than having 150+ jf-17 and other aircrafts .. why not have toal of 200 high tech aircraft ... eg.. 60 f-16 block 52, 40+ fc-20, 50-60 jf-17 but highly equipped and some mirage 2000.... i think that would be better .. than 400+ fighter ... go for quality instead of numbers... and india has to counter china too ... for us around 200 high tech fighters are more than enough.......
regards

FC-20 will have an AESA, so will at least one batch of Thunders, but falcons and other will not have it at least for now. The problem is that we want everything on par with the Indians and this cannot occur in our case. For those who are in a hurry, history tells us that India has always had an edge on us in terms of quantity and quality (quality from the 90s). This is where the strategy comes in and PAF top brass is fully aware of Challenges lying ahead. AWACS, AAR and many other inductions in only 4 years is a hint just how rapidly they are modernizing their entire force. Still to come is FC-20 and Chinese AWACS which will only add to the punch. Just because we do not know what is happening behind the curtain, does not mean nothing is happening.

J-10B with DSI intake and AESA is believed to be made to fit PAF's specifications. Together with the Falcons they could be the answers to MKI and MRCA. PAF might need 100-150 of these planes.

u guyz do realize that the battle is fought by missiles, not by avionics and radar! so pls just hope for a decent radar with a good BVR missile capability!
and leave the rest on PAF pilots....

india is upgrading its su-30mki with AESA radars by 2012. that is goina be a big challenge for PAF ... what i was trying to say rather than having 150+ jf-17 and other aircrafts .. why not have toal of 200 high tech aircraft ... eg.. 60 f-16 block 52, 40+ fc-20, 50-60 jf-17 but highly equipped and some mirage 2000.... i think that would be better .. than 400+ fighter ... go for quality instead of numbers... and india has to counter china too ... for us around 200 high tech fighters are more than enough.......
regards

Planning is good thing, but we are facing execution problem....
We were expecting JF-17 Block II production in 2010, 60+ F-16 Block 52....in 2009....but nothing is so far executed..........so we planned but practically we are not geting things easily. So reality is different......so far we have empty pockets and with that we cant make the dreams reality.

One more thing UAE mirage is offered or not....its not clear at the moment....and if in case they would offered .....how many chances that PAF would accept it......and how early we can get them....coz M2K is useless for us after 2015.

@ All

Stop defending Military Airforce ... better to finish currption we will buy anything!

simple! dont blame money.. money is not a problem problem is BS leaders !

we can buy anything we have enough money to make or buy anything thats totally BS a country full of resources and we are always beegging and crying over we dont have money we dont have money bla bla! seem soo BS!

@ All

Stop defending Military Airforce ... better to finish currption we will buy anything!

simple! dont blame money.. money is not a problem problem is BS leaders !

we can buy anything we have enough money to make or buy anything thats totally BS a country full of resources and we are always beegging and crying over we dont have money we dont have money bla bla! seem soo BS!

i will agree with u to some extent few days back i heard a news that PAKISTAN has coal reserves of nearly 15 trillion man its lot of worth equal to the total US reserves but our leaders are corrupt even corruption is a little word for them According to experts if work isnt done on these reserves and if they cant b utilize in next 60 years thn it will b a huge blunder on the part of govt coz after 60-70 years they will b useless

Back
Top Bottom