What's new

Chaudhry Sarwar quits UK Nationality, tipped as Governor Punjab

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
chaudhrysarwar-arrivePakistan-governorPunjab-lahore_7-20-2013_110154_l.jpg

LAHORE, (SANA): Former member British House of Commons, Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar arrived his homeland Pakistan on Saturday. He is highly likely to gain the slot of Governor Punjab as Makhdoom Syed Ahmed Mehmood has left the office.

Speaking to reporters at Lahore airport upon his arrival from Manchester, Sawar said he has withdrawn UK citizenship “only under the spirit of serving the country.”

Reply to a question about gaining governorship, he said “the PM is entitled to decide on it…I will sincerely discharge whatever the responsibility is assigned to me.”

Sarwar said whatever political role Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will assign him, he would fulfill it.

To a question pertaining to Scotland Yard probe of Dr. Imran Farooq murder, Sarwar said, it was not influenced by anyone over this matter.

Pakistani-origin Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar, 60, hailing from Punjab Toba Tek Singh town, moved to UK in 60s and was elected as first Muslim MP from Glasgow in 1997.

Chaudhry Sarwar quits UK Nationality, tipped as Governor Punjab

We had seen imported PMs in past now governor is being imported for Punjab :P

what shocks me is why is he being brought back? can't they chose someone from Pakistan? weird

after uncalled visits from UK prime minister David Cameron and later by a further surprising visit by Foreign minister William hague, this British MP has suddenly become the choice to be governor/president of Pakistan !!

p.s.

Speaking to reporters at Lahore airport upon his arrival from Manchester, Sawar said he has withdrawn UK citizenship “only under the spirit of serving the country.” chaudhary sarwar

still if you are looking for a good laugh, here is quote that would make your day !

A totally despicable move by the PML-N.

Some of their actions since taking power beggars belief, it's like they've learnt nothing from the past 5 years of misrule.

PML(N) is such a joke!

Now they are importing Britishers to rule Pakistan?

lol..Jokers....but their village-idiot supporters will support this move too...
@cb4 ...start

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom