What's new

Charlie Hebdo and India's Daughter: Indian version of Freedom of Speech

Where is my Ak-47? I need to do an operation in London.

@SipahSalar Can you provide us some arms and ammunition? I am out of it.

Last edited:
I guess everyone should be glad then, that at least you guys didn't kill them. Good job if that's the standard you are aiming for.

Well we're just trying to do the bare minimum required by basic human decency. It's too bad that that was way more than you were willing to do.

Rape conviction rates: India- 20%. UK - 10% Pakistan - 0%
Bull.
Pak. hangs two for rape, murder - The Hindu
Head of seminary, 2 others convicted in rape case | Pakistan Today
BBC News - Three held over Pakistan hospital 'gang rape'
Senate passes bills against rape, honour killing | Pakistan Today
Administration of justice: Two sentenced to death for rape, murder of girl - The Express Tribune

"On 12 July 2013, Council of Islamic Ideology of Pakistan dismissed DNA tests as evidence for rapes, and declared that without witnesses no rapes would be recognized."

No Witnesses? No Rape, Says Pakistan’s Islamic Council · Global Voices
Actually that is false, they didn't dismiss it entirely.
DNA could be accepted as evidence in rape case: Ashrafi
CII rules out DNA as primary evidence in rape cases - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) on Monday decreed DNA tests unacceptable as primary evidence in rape cases, but said they could be considered as supporting evidence.
Anyway, CII decrees are not binding or authoritative - the Senate Bill, on the other hand, IS binding.

India has one of the lowest rates of rape in the world,
Not according to many studies, including one by the IRCW that says
''In a 2011 study, nearly one in four Indian men surveyed admitted to committing rape — by far the highest of any country included in the sample.''
https://www.euskadi.eus/contenidos/informacion/material/es_gizonduz/adjuntos/Evolving-Men_ICRW.pdf
I don't believe it to be too accurate, as the sample size was too small to make any definitive conclusions, but saying that India has a low rape-rate is pure denial.

Nobody ever said Pakistan was perfect or that there were no rapes here - some Indians here need to stop using this stupid, facile logical fallacy of deflecting criticism with irrelevant criticism of Pakistan. Here we have a thread about freedom of speech and the responses are all about how bad women have it in Pakistan.

You people need to accept that they have problems and simply saying that Pakistan has the same problems does not solve your problems - it's the same denial you criticize Pakistanis for supposedly practicing.

Rape is a banned topic, freedom of speech is not. Mods @Horus @waz @Jungibaaz @Oscar clean-up please.

Back
Top Bottom