Change "Thank" to "Like"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think we should change the "Thank" to "Like" for the posts made by other members.

Like is used by Facebook and is generally acknowledged as the best way to show appreciation.

I do understand "Thank" as well but it can be a little confusing like sometimes I like someone's sarcastic response but I am not "Thanking" them, I am "Liking" it.

So I think "Like" is a much better way of appreciating and enjoying someone's post and letting them know as well. :)

I think we should change the "Thank" to "Like" for the posts made by other members.

Like is used by Facebook and is generally acknowledged as the best way to show appreciation.

I do understand "Thank" as well but it can be a little confusing like sometimes I like someone's sarcastic response but I am not "Thanking" them, I am "Liking" it.

So I think "Like" is a much better way of appreciating and enjoying someone's post and letting them know as well. :)

In recently started thread "Air crash in Islamabad", one member posted initial information about number of casualties. It's an information. Now tell me, this information should be liked or thanked?

Current option is OK.

I don't think this suggestion is going to get approved. We are using the "Thanks" button for couple of years now. Your suggestion has been given for couple of times but there are more people who likes the current form of thanks. When we upgraded from Vbulletin 3.8.x to 4.x.x the original plugin was "Like" but Webmaster renamed the "Like button" to "Thanks" after several requests made by the members...

Imagine There is an update on bomb blast and members thanks to person for giving the update... Would you rather be happy to "like" that update for bomb blast?

I don't think this suggestion is going to get approved. We are using the "Thanks" button for couple of years now. Your suggestion has been given for couple of times but there are more people who likes the current form of thanks. When we upgraded from Vbulletin 3.8.x to 4.x.x the original plugin was "Like" but Webmaster renamed the "Like button" to "Thanks" after several requests made by the members...

Imagine There is an update on bomb blast and members thanks to person for giving the update... Would you rather be happy to "like" that update for bomb blast?

Thats a good point. On Facebook, I updated my status once saying that I was sick and people "Liked it". Which was really awkward as why would you "Like" when someone is sick.

The only problem with Thank is this only works when you post something informative, like some statistics, or numbers, etc.

Like works when you like content of the post irregardless of what has been posted.

I guess we can leave it at "Thanks" as adding more buttons such as Like and Dislike will make it too cumbersome.

:)

No support, thank is unique and makes more sense to me than "like". As Zakii mentioned, there's many posts you'd like to 'thank', but it doesn't necessarily mean you 'like' them eg. death of somebody.
Also, a dislike button in my opinion would be abused pretty badly, so let's just keep things as they are.

if we have dislike chinese people and pakistanis will dislike most of Indian comments and viceversa would happen . Dislike is meaning less .

Or you can make it a nondescript anonymous counter: +1

I would avoid the opposite -1 option since it would invite trolling.

Like sounds a bit gay. I dont want guys to "like me" lol

Just add ":tup:" as a symbol without using the word Thank or Like on the lower right hand side of every post.

Anyway i'm happy with the current system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom