What's new

Chandigarh better than Islamabad???

Comparing capital city of Khalistan with capital city of Pakistan.

Both cities look very clean. Hope our Sikh brothers will make this city even better, when they really come into power, :-)

Most of you guys missed some parts of Chd & Islo.

ChandigarhDemolition_2.JPG

slums-in-Islamabad.jpg

PS - Hopefully this will bring some realism to this "War of the Selected Photos" thread. :welcome:

allrite folks, trolling aside.. Islamabad is, by all accounts a very well planned neat and clean city, a modern city, and just like Chandigarh, it was constructed in the 60s.. so both are much better than the national average in both countries.

Islamabad.. designed by a Greek firm, completed in 1966

Chandigarh.. designed by a French guy, also from around then, completed maybe a little earlier

but from what I've heard, Islamabad isn't for every Pakistani, it's mostly govt, bureaucrats, army etc.. kind of like the lutyens zone in delhi, only that it's a whole city.. or, if I were to troll again, bit like Pyongyang even :P

public nightlife ? now that's where Chandi blows it right out the water, Indian Punjabis like to eat, drink and make merry.. basically party hard, makes them a bit obnoxious at times but always guaranteed fun to be had in Chandigarh, across the border, they're a bit, conservative.. :angel:

so culturally it is a bit of a stark contrast situation.

if I got anything very wrong, maybe some Pakistanis can correct me, shed some light and tell us differently

but my info is not 100% google, I know people (Indians) who've traveled to, and had all sorts of infidel fun :partay: in Pakistan (but that was in Lahore)

allrite folks, trolling aside.. Islamabad is, by all accounts a very well planned neat and clean city, a modern city, and just like Chandigarh, it was constructed in the 60s.. so both are much better than the national average in both countries.

Islamabad.. designed by a Greek firm, completed in 1966

Chandigarh.. designed by a French guy, also from around then, completed maybe a little earlier

but from what I've heard, Islamabad isn't for every Pakistani, it's mostly govt, bureaucrats, army etc.. kind of like the lutyens zone in delhi, only that it's a whole city.. or, if I were to troll again, bit like Pyongyang even :P

public nightlife ? now that's where Chandi blows it right out the water, Indian Punjabis like to eat, drink and make merry.. basically party hard, makes them a bit obnoxious at times but always guaranteed fun to be had in Chandigarh, across the border, they're a bit, conservative.. :angel:

so culturally it is a bit of a stark contrast situation.

if I got anything very wrong, maybe some Pakistanis can correct me, shed some light and tell us differently

but my info is not 100% google, I know people (Indians) who've traveled to, and had all sorts of infidel fun :partay: in Pakistan (but that was in Lahore)

Lived in Islamabad for 5 years been to kuala lumpur , bangkok and dubai. Without being unbiased Islamabad blows all of them out of the park when it comes to being neat and clean. The CDA in islamabad is notoriously strict when it comes to tidiness and environment planning. Islamabad is like a bigger version of chandigarh. Poor people cant afford to live there. Only if you are rich then you can buy/rent a house in Islamabad.

As for having a nightlife. Its all hush hush. You need to know people to get you to all the underground bars and discos in Islamabad. entrance is around 500-1000 rupees . Its probably the most liberal of all the cities in Pakistan (some may say its lahore or karachi). I personally seen girls/women wearing shorts and walking around casually without being bothered. this sort of thing cannot happen apart from maybe lahore or certain areas of Karachi. It's Pakistan's first world city with a very high quality of life(on par with cities in asia). Never came across a poor guy there. If you have lots of money than Islamabad is for you.

Lived in Islamabad for 5 years been to kuala lumpur , bangkok and dubai. Without being unbiased Islamabad blows all of them out of the park when it comes to being neat and clean. The CDA in islamabad is notoriously strict when it comes to tidiness and environment planning. Islamabad is like a bigger version of chandigarh. Poor people cant afford to live there. Only if you are rich then you can buy/rent a house in Islamabad.

As for having a nightlife. Its all hush hush. You need to know people to get you to all the underground bars and discos in Islamabad. entrance is around 500-1000 rupees . Its probably the most liberal of all the cities in Pakistan (some may say its lahore or karachi). I personally seen girls/women wearing shorts and walking around casually without being bothered. this sort of thing cannot happen apart from maybe lahore or certain areas of Karachi. It's Pakistan's first world city with a very high quality of life(on par with cities in asia). Never came across a poor guy there. If you have lots of money than Islamabad is for you.
nice, yeah I figured there would be an underground scene there as well, and given the rich and powerful monied populace, perhaps even more debauchery goes on in Islamabad than Lahore :P

people everywhere want to have fun, saudi, Iran, pakistan, kenya, India or the US.. just that some societies make it easier than others... and not like India's some western liberal paradise, got more than our share of regressive mindsets here too, but we're winning against them because we're seeing some economic growth and people and culture here is not as rigid/fundamentalist etc than what I figure Pakistan to be.

nice, yeah I figured there would be an underground scene there as well, and given the rich and powerful monied populace, perhaps even more debauchery goes on in Islamabad than Lahore :P

people everywhere want to have fun, saudi, Iran, pakistan, kenya, India or the US.. just that some societies make it easier than others... and not like India's some western liberal paradise, got more than our share of regressive mindsets here too, but we're winning against them because we're seeing some economic growth and people and culture here is not as rigid/fundamentalist etc than what I figure Pakistan to be.

Not something to be proud of but one of the biggest red light areas in Asia is in lahore. Heera mandi. It used to be a place for dancing girls since mughal times but turned into a brothel since last 2-3 decades.

Nothing comes close to being as well planned,clean,having pleasant environment and greenary as islamabd has at least in South Asia.
@Raheel Khan_1 I dont know when and where did u live in Islamabad.But u calling islamabad to be a city of only rich people is wrong.I m living in Islamabad since my birth and i know Islamabad very well.Like all the cities Islamabad,too, consists of some very high status areas and some middle class areas.And i m talking about Islamabad city not the adjoining territories of Islamabad.
Btw.I agree with the rest of ur post

First page had me loling irl, op trolling for no reason idk how he even found all those pictures of that roundabout from different angles. :rofl:

Nothing comes close to being as well planned,clean,having pleasant environment and greenary as islamabd has at least in South Asia.
@Raheel Khan_1 I dont know when and where did u live in Islamabad.But u calling islamabad to be a city of only rich people is wrong.I m living in Islamabad since my birth and i know Islamabad very well.Like all the cities Islamabad,too, consists of some very high status areas and some middle class areas.And i m talking about Islamabad city not the adjoining territories of Islamabad.
Btw.I agree with the rest of ur post

Lived in F-10 . the only people i saw there in my 5 years was rich or middle class people. Rent is quite high for poor people to survive. Even if there are such places never came across them . 90 percent of Islamabad has high human development. Not talking about peer vadai stops or places near those as those count in pindi not islamabad.

Lived in F-10 . the only people i saw there in my 5 years was rich or middle class people. Rent is quite high for poor people to survive. Even if there are such places never came across them . 90 percent of Islamabad has high human development. Not talking about peer vadai stops or places near those as those count in pindi not islamabad.
I never wrote about POOR people. Its very difficult for poor people to live in ANY city of the world.I just wrote about rich and middle class areas.
And F10 is probably the richest part of Islamabad...So thats why u moslty saw rich people there..

I never wrote about POOR people. Its very difficult for poor people to live in ANY city of the world.I just wrote about rich and middle class areas.
And F10 is probably the richest part of Islamabad...So thats why u moslty saw rich people there..

Was a student so went around alot. Would say I sector was the most middle class area that i saw. And that too would pass as a high class area in any other city of Pakistan. But again you live there since birth so you would know better.

Back
Top Bottom