• Oh my god, YES

• Hell no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeonKing

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have started working on my personal project, a fantasy fairy-tale story titled ‘Curse’. I wanted to make an animated film or at least a live-action TV Series since I was 15 (a decade ago), since then the story has evolved and the plot has changed. The original idea was a romance theme centring on a princess and a prince; the plot is somewhat similar to Sleeping Beauty. It is now family themed, with a father and daughter bond at the centre, which is an important thing in South Asia, since it is rare to see a strong relationship between father and daughter since many fathers prefer sons. It often felt mothers also prefer their sons and in some cultures having a daughter is consider a burden that needs to changes for betterment.

Synopsis: A Fairy-Tale story centring on the Enchanted Bond between the Miserable Prince (Father) and the Isolated Princess (Daughter). As the story unfolds the Prince believes the death of his sweet wife was no accident and this has led to the innocent baby girl being in danger because of a mysterious but terrible curse. The conditions of this curse were that an aristocrat lady would be killed if she reaches 16 years of age and a lady would only be spared if she married quickly or became a mother to sons. In the past this happened to aristocrat ladies who gave birth to a female baby. In an effort to save his daughter, he locked her away from the world while he can find the answers to what exactly happened to his wife. Fifteen years has passed since that fateful day and the Princess has grown isolated, due to her being locked away because of a mysterious curse that she is unaware of. She is very passive in the presence of her family and would conceal her feelings and thoughts to herself. When she is being more true to herself, she is mischievous, curious and sharp-witted. She dreams of reclaiming her own title that she has been denied for so long. The father and daughter have to find a way to repair their relationship and find a way to stop the curse.

Concept: The main scenario is a metaphor for giving birth to a female baby and the associated consequences this brings. The storyline of Prince Ghaffar (Father) is metaphor for fathers who are fighting for the love of their children, and it is in association with Men’s Rights and Father’s Rights. The Princess Maariyah storyline is all about female empowerment, women’s rights and education. There is a sub-plot for Prince Musa’s storyline, focusing on interracial relationship issues. There is also a backstory of a villain character, who is the explanation of the beginning of the curse, and how she became evil. It is very fairy-tale to attach more audiences since it has dark story. It can be said that types of fairy-tales, legends, folklores, mythologies and classic fantasy-based novels are fascinating and creative because they have strange meanings, metaphors and symbolism. It allows the viewer to imagine a world where there is no such concept as impossible and no logic, just pure magic and adventures along with strange animals and villains. Many fairy-tale films, such as Disney movies use Love True Kiss or Act of True Love as the most powerful concept of all, most of them were a love between man and woman, with the conclusion usually being the two people become a couple. In this film it was considered that using a Father-Daughter bond as an act of true love would break the curse and this makes this story even more original and unique. It could be unique because the story took place in non-western country, using cultures and traditions from Jammu Kashmir and north Raj British as the main theme. The ‘Princess’ word usually means girly, conjuring images of Barbie, in pretty gowns or Disney Princesses; however in this concept, Princess means successor because since the birth of Princess Maariyah the curse has happened, her rights and her inheritor rights have been taken away by her grandfather. An so the story will close with her reclaiming her right to be the heir, as well as taking back her own identity.

Protagonists: Princess Maariyah (Daughter) & Prince Ghaffar (Father)
Antagonist: Zanubiya the Evil Jinn

Character Designs:
13087138_974805449302538_8670714140682278158_o.jpg

Location Designs: Prince Ghaffar's Kingdom is called Samzameen, a fictional kingdom in Poonch District, Jammu Kashmir. This story also took place in 1910's British Raj's Lahore and another fictional kingdom from Mirpur District, Jammu Kashmir.
13076970_968176859965397_7898338586539926916_n.jpg

12885745_949752351807848_2174444545934788844_o.jpg

Sooooo, what do you think of it?

P.S. I am artist, I designed all those pictures! :)

Last edited:
P.S. I am artist, I designed all those pictures! :)
It is more Aladdin in design... esp Salahudin
Plus make the names more relatable to the target audience
And a little older would be nicer... I hope you have studied the history proper for the era you want to base it on
And get a good editor and screenplay writer

It is more Aladdin in design... esp Salahudin
Plus make the names more relatable to the target audience

And a little older would be nicer... I hope you have studied the history proper for the era you want to base it on
And get a good editor and screenplay writer

That's point, I didn't want to use modern and common names, I wanted to use names that much different and more fairy-tale type.

I picked 1910s because I liked this decade most, also I wanted to add white characters and a black character as well. :D

Good creative stuff. Its how most of the start ups begin. Hopefully after first episode you get contracts for production on a larger scale.

Everything looks great, good luck. One question though, have you ever tried making a short film?

Never ask the world if you should follow your drams. If they are Hallal, go for them without taking second opinion.

But if you want to achieve success only and you are focussed towards success of your acts, this is where opinion may matters - but this won't be your "dream" any more.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom