What's new

Centre puts bombs before birds – UPA missile testing policy for Andamans reversed

what? they are a charity.. NGO & all that! They are here to do good deeds! Money doesn't matter to these guys.. Din't you hear them say they will work for a month FOC.. or has it lapsed already? :undecided:

Unfortunately, special interests will not allow their closure so easily. The court will soon give them relief. They already asked for details about the funds required for Greenpeace to function.

Remember Setalvaad's bail and how she got it from SC?

@Viny

The Andamans are GOD's GIFT to India for SECURING ITSELF

The Andamans are a NATURAL and unsinkable Aircraft Carrier and a Military base
that will be the FIRST LINE of Defence against a Chinese Agression

They should be EXCLUSIVELY used for Military purposes
Brother there is a balance to be maintained. Of course national security comes first however that doesn't mean one just writes off the A&N islands, they are home to a vast array of both human and animal inhabitants who deserve to be respected and protected. India is their protector just as much as the A&N islands are the protector of the Indian people and mainland from enemy activity.

Anyway, look at the evil Indian Navy- the worst of the worst:

“Even the primeval Stone Age islanders of the Sentinelese, who still persist in 2015 and shoot everybody who tries to talk to them with cane bows, are under satellite surveillance. The Indian Navy rigorously protects them from any knowledge of the Indian Navy.”
— Bruce Sterling, ‘State Of The World 2015' (2015)

The WELL: Bruce Sterling, Cory Doctorow & Jon Lebkowsky: State Of The World 2015

Mobile towers are available ALL OVER INDIA.

Dear friend, kindly travel across the country.
Mobile connectivity is only available in 5 islands in entire Andaman and nicobar region.
Only BSNL was working few years ago and its still very patchy.

The Rann of Kutch, you mean the area right next to Pakistan from where every single test and move of the IN's could be monitored by the adversary?

As I have said, there are numerous criteria beyond simply being uninhabited that the IN must look at for their test ranges and these islands in the A&N meet them the best of any location available to them- end of story. We sat behind keyboards can all keep pulling alternate testing grounds from thin air but can we give the IN some credit in that they have chosen these specific islands for a reason after exhaustive evaluations of alternatives?

IF there was a VIABLE alternative the IN would not have failed to meet its minimum practice allowance for the past few years.
Please understand this at least.

Wheelers Island is already with them for that purpose. IN missed its practices because dummy floating target boats where not ready. Rann of Kutch has been proposed several time for test range field.

When you praticing long distance missiles you have to share details with neighbours.

If its R&D test, then we have many test sites available for R&D Labs. Checkout Indian Navy website for that.

Are you interested in reasoning or just in rhetoric? :) As I said earlier, there are 572 islands, a few can be spared for missile testing.

All I can say please read more about Andamans and if possible please do visit jollybouy, neil island, baratang caves and havelock, this will give you just a glimpse, probably that might help you to understand nature more closely.

Dear friend, kindly travel across the country.
Mobile connectivity is only available in 5 islands in entire Andaman and nicobar region.
Only BSNL was working few years ago and its still very patchy.

You are completely missing the point, go back and read my post, if you still don't get it, then let me know. :)

All I can say please read more about Andamans and if possible please do visit jollybouy, neil island, baratang caves and havelock, this will give you just a glimpse, probably that might help you to understand nature more closely.

I am sure they are not planning to drop missiles on Havelock.

Unfortunately, special interests will not allow their closure so easily. The court will soon give them relief. They already asked for details about the funds required for Greenpeace to function.

Remember Setalvaad's bail and how she got it from SC?
Maybe Modi sarkar should do a Vladimir Putin when it comes to foreign funded NGOs & deprive courts from having any say. Left leaning judicial system will always have soft corner when it comes to dealing with left dominated non governmental organisations & pressure groups.

Russia's Putin signs law against 'undesirable' NGOs - BBC News

I sincerely hope the environmentalist groups/ngos/civil society picks up on this and throws up a shit storm. This is an extremely short sighted policy decision.

Back
Top Bottom