Centre Plans ‘Strategic Change’ Against Naxals

bloo

Reaction score
Country
India
Centre Plans 'Strategic Change' Against Naxals
By Yatish Yadav

Naxal_training_camp.jpg

NEW DELHI:The Centre is likely to tweak the strategy against the Maoists to neutralise their influence in the worst-affected districts, spread across 10 states. In the first phase, the Centre is planning coordinated operations to sanitise eight districts of Chhattisgarh - Bastar, Bijapur, Sukma, Dantewada, Kanker, Narayanpur, Kondagaon and Rajnandgaon. Home Minister Rajnath Singh has called an urgent meeting on February 9 with four states - Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana and Maharashtra - to devise the strategy to launch anti-Naxal operations in Chhattisgarh, top sources in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said.

“Chief Ministers and Chief Secretaries of these states are expected to attend the meeting. Government is looking at adopting a completely new tactic by roping in the bordering states even when the operation is launched in only one state. This is to ensure that escape routes for Maoists are made inaccessible and easy crossing over that they have been doing for over the years is effectively blocked,” sources said.

According to the MHA, Chhattisgarh witnessed 236 Naxal attacks in the last year in which 82 casualties were reported.

Centre Plans 'Strategic Change' Against Naxals -The New Indian Express

Just ban missionaries. And monitor money flowing into India from foreign churches and institutions. Naxalism will automatically die.

It's no mere co-incidence in naxal areas where outsiders cannot even enter, foreign missionaries are preaching and living quite happily with no threat to their life.

Just ban missionaries. And monitor money flowing into India from foreign churches and institutions. Naxalism will automatically die.

It's no mere co-incidence in naxal areas where outsiders cannot even enter, foreign missionaries are preaching and living quite happily with no threat to their life.

For once I agree with you.

you want to use army on your own people.
I don't recognize them as my own people.
They have been given enough chance and now it is the time to send in our army, even if it's a overkill.
And also full air support from IAF.
Just look at SL, they are living peacefully now.

really enough chances, u know nothing about naxal movement, and what kind of person talk of using military on its own people, govt, should come up with some concrete policy, they need schools, hospitals and work.
even paramilitary play only a supporting role to the state police against them. They were created because of our faulty system, because we encroached their lands. we killed them like pigs in 68-72 operation..
they need assurances from govt. and govt should give them.. no body like to die, but they are just fighting for they have deprived of.
I know enough. Please.
This started due to adivasi struggle , as there place got divided among 4 states.This problem was used by CPI(maoist) ideologist.
But anything cannot justify them killing our security forces.
When they took up arms they should be ready to face consequences .

Send in army and mechanised division to blow those f##ks out.
India would have been better without them.
Mechanized divisions cannot move through forests.

nope, u don't...okay i will give you clue, it all started with charu mazumdar. he was the leader of the movement. and he was not tribal.
and what about our security forces killing them, what about our political class not fulfilling their words.
didn't indians stood up against British, when they lost all hope in their system.
Because Indians were not allowed to be part of the system. Indians could not vote or contest elections or have their own parliament. But all Indians, including adivasis, have all these rights. Indians were subjects, not citizens under British rule. The comparison is faulty.

Mechanized divisions cannot move through forests.
Yes, I was just being a little impulsive :p I meant heavy weapons.
nope, u don't...okay i will give you clue, it all started with charu mazumdar. he was the leader of the movement. and he was not tribal.
and what about our security forces killing them, what about our political class not fulfilling their words.
didn't indians stood up against British, when they lost all hope in their system.
Are talking about the andolan that started in Naxalbari in north bengal ?

Send in army and mechanised division to blow those f##ks out.
India would have been better without them.
you want to kill own your people brutally ?............. pathetic

they are misguided misused by certain people ..........cut the head first then the own people

you want to kill own your people brutally ?............. pathetic

they are misguided misused by certain people ..........cut the head first then the own people
Ok but can you explain this to children/mother of father/son who got killed by these "innocent" men ?
What a pathetic thing to think , we can keep our self clean and sacrifice a few soldiers.
Do you know that in 1999 the during Kargil conflict the casualty would've much less if we had attacked inside Pakistan's territory and cut off their supply route. But our politicians chose the path of self rightness .
Always remember it's not a sin to take up arm against someone who takes it up against you.
The only reason I would not wan't the IA to get involved here is that using them "inside india" would decrease their morale as people will shout , why are you killing your own people ?

Back
Top Bottom