What's new

Cecil Chaudhry (Late), Pakistani Christian pilot

Dude, what were you thinking! I'm disappointed at your response. There is no such thing as, "he got what he deserved'. WE CAN NEVER HONOR OUR HEROES TOO MUCH.
Guys like him lay their lives on the line to defend folks like you every day. Just don't dishonor them with your comments like this.

All we need is the context for each of these shots. I do recognize some of these though.
Dude.
Much as I would like to respond to your post in kind, needless to say I stick by what I have said. He was a good man and the PAF response was appropriate. Let us leave it at that. Respect is one thing, putting people on Padestals is something I do not approve of.
A

Dude.
Much as I would like to respond to your post in kind, needless to say I stick by what I have said. He was a good man and the PAF response was appropriate. Let us leave it at that. Respect is one thing, putting people on Padestals is something I do not approve of.
A

Why not put our military heroes on the pedestal? They'll know who we relay are and how to respect their scarifies. I'm sick of our new generation not knowing who is the true hero is here, Shah Rukh Khan or Aishwariya Rai or Rashid Minhas or Cecil Chaudry? They know more about the Bollywood Stars than of their true heroes. Captain Kernal Sher Khan, Sqd Ldr Allauddin Butch Ahmed.............

Honoring thy heroes just might do that!

Why not put our military heroes on the pedestal? They'll know who we relay are and how to respect their scarifies. I'm sick of our new generation not knowing who is the true hero is here, Shah Rukh Khan or Aishwariya Rai or Rashid Minhas or Cecil Chaudry? They know more about the Bollywood Stars than of their true heroes. Captain Kernal Sher Khan, Sqd Ldr Allauddin Butch Ahmed.............

And don't take it as a feud between you and I. It's the problem of identity crisis we all are facing.

And don't take it as a feud between you and I. It's the problem of identity crisis we all are facing.
This is rich. For someone who is approaching sixty to be called a kid. Made my day!--------NOT!!!!!!. Bhai no one deserves to be on a padestal except Our Prophet as the best human being. I dont say things without reason.
A

Last edited:
Wife swapping was a bigger issue or fucking Pakistan's future? At least wife swapping was limited to the Armed Forces back then, now the whole country is bleeding, and will so for decades to come. Welcome to Wahabistan where almost every sect is declared Kafir or desh drohi and state and religion have been mixed like a bloody mary. MQM to control JI, Talibans to control the Reds, Wahabis to destroy the social fabric of NWFP (KP), AK's to bleed and control Pakistan more than India..... Thank you Zia, madar chod, may you rest in hell till eternity, along with the rest of them that play with fire every day. Short sighted pigs.

And stopped the wife swapping culture in the army adopted from the Brits...

Wife swapping was a bigger issue or fucking Pakistan's future? At least wife swapping was limited to the Armed Forces back then, now the whole country is bleeding, and will so for decades to come. Welcome to Wahabistan where almost every sect is declared Kafir or desh drohi and state and religion have been mixed like a bloody mary. MQM to control JI, Talibans to control the Reds, Wahabis to destroy the social fabric of NWFP (KP), AK's to bleed and control Pakistan more than India..... Thank you Zia, madar chod, may you rest in hell till eternity, along with the rest of them that play with fire every day. Short sighted pigs.
They chose to bleed and will remain doing so while the finger pointing culture at blaming a man who was killed over 30 years ago.........you'll never get progress at bringing the past back again and again and again. It is a great fashion in the Pakistani (or any other desi) culture to blame someone without trying anything to correct the past mistakes. People will reach the moon but we'll be stuck with knowing how to cut mangoes from which angle to enjoy its taste....

Pardon my comment, there must be more to it, I never lived in the Zia era.....was born way after that....but have been very fortunate to have lived in PAF.

If you haven't lived in Zia era and have no idea about the harmony that existed before that, then it's me singing lullabies to you, as the written history has been twisted to such a degree that it's almost impossible to tell a lie from fact. Indeed none of my sermons will work. Furthermore, living in the mighty PAF means that you haven't lived at all, as life @ military bases does not make Pakistan, trust you me, I, myself, lived @ many of these bases, they are a self contained world on their own, you might as well have lived in New York.

They chose to bleed and will remain doing so while the finger pointing culture at blaming a man who was killed over 30 years ago.........you'll never get progress at bringing the past back again and again and again. It is a great fashion in the Pakistani (or any other desi) culture to blame someone without trying anything to correct the past mistakes. People will reach the moon but we'll be stuck with knowing how to cut mangoes from which angle to enjoy its taste....

Pardon my comment, there must be more to it, I never lived in the Zia era.....was born way after that....but have been very fortunate to have lived in PAF.

Last edited:
If you haven't lived in Zia era and have no idea about the harmony that existed before that, than it's me singing lullabies to you, as the written history has been twisted to such a degree that almost impossible to tell a lie from a fact. Indeed none of my sermons will work. Furthermore, living in the mighty PAF means that you haven't lived at all, as life @ military bases does not make Pakistan, trust you me, have myself lived @ many of these bases, they are a self contained world of their own, you might as well have lived in New York.
No....I have lived in UK, USA, Pakistan, UAE, Bahrain and Canada......living in a PAF base was by far one of the best times ever compared to my time in the UK.....living in the main cities at Pakistan was alright...if you consider Peshawar as one of them. (USAF bases are way better than PAF bases....trust me on that one...)

Also PAF is not mighty..it never was and never will be. Glorify it not, respect it only...nothing more and nothing less. I am just fortunate to have a father who flew for PAF.
Take care sir !!!!

Knuckles

Last edited:

You haven't seen 80's..... i did, and after living through 90's and than 2005 onward, i can say 80's was the best period for Pakistan's history.
Back in 80's Pakistan used to be a pride state.

You may have lived at PAF base, but if life out side the base was opposite, you would have felt it at base as well.
Like if you go to any cantt. area today, you feel it all dusty, dirty and un- organized traffic as out side world.... a bit less though.

In short, Zia did well. List of his accomplishments is long. Most of above, He kept enemies of Pakistan at bay.
Unfortunately life of Zia ul Haq was cut short by axis of evil.
May Allah grant Zia ul Haq, highest place in heaven.

You haven't seen 80's..... i did, and after living through 90's and than 2005 onward, i can say 80's was the best period for Pakistan's history.
Back in 80's Pakistan used to be a pride state.

You may have lived at PAF base, but if life out side the base was opposite, you would have felt it at base as well.
Like if you go to any cantt. area today, you feel it all dusty, dirty and un- organized traffic as out side world.... a bit less though.

In short, Zia did well. List of his accomplishments is long. Most of above, He kept enemies of Pakistan at bay.
Unfortunately life of Zia ul Haq was cut short by axis of evil.
May Allah grant Zia ul Haq, highest place in heaven.
I am well aware....lived outside as well....interacted more with outside than on base. Got to see the best and worst of both worlds. Cheers !!!

I envy having not lived in the 1980s. Then again someone was to have their fun....and ruin it for the rest of us ahead. Please take that comment with humour.....

According to my father there was a saying in PAF officers wherever he served.If you want to quantify patriotism and nationalism then there is an equation 15 muslim pilots=1 cecil chaudhary. A native of my village area in the salt range this man is the perfect example of early pakistanis who followed footsteps of MA Jinnah before plague of Zia and Bhutto spread everywhere in our society.He was a Pakistani first and a christian after.A must watch inspiring video.This is what a secular nationalist looks like.
cecil-chaudhry-1.png
Thank you for sharing this clip

A clear headed man.

According to my father there was a saying in PAF officers wherever he served.If you want to quantify patriotism and nationalism then there is an equation 15 muslim pilots=1 cecil chaudhary. A native of my village area in the salt range this man is the perfect example of early pakistanis who followed footsteps of MA Jinnah before plague of Zia and Bhutto spread everywhere in our society.He was a Pakistani first and a christian after.A must watch inspiring video.This is what a secular nationalist looks like.
cecil-chaudhry-1.png

Hi,

I would have wanted to see him as the Air Chief of PAF---he would have taken the Paf to new levels---.

With his work ethics---he would have put most of the muslim Air chief marshalls to SHAME---standards set new standards of leadership---.

And afterwards---would have been next to impossible for a muslm ACM to meet the standards left by Cecil Ch.

It is a tragedy for Pakistan that his services were not used to the max---.

Last edited:
April 13 marked the death anniversary of the Group Captain Cecil Chaudhry (SJ, SBt) One of Pakistan most loved war heroes.

The son of FE Chaudhry, a former science teacher and Pakistan’s first photo-journalist, Cecil was schooled at St Anthony’s High School in Lahore before pursuing his BS in physics at the Forman Christian College.

He subsequently joined the Pakistan Air Force Academy in 1958, in the GDP course.
On 6th September, 1965, Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry was No. 2 in a flight of 3 F-86 aircraft led by Squadron Leader Rafiqui. Their target was Halwara airfield of the Indian Air Force. This formation of 3 F-86 was intercepted by 10 Hunter aircraft of the Indian Air Force. During the engagement, the leader's guns stopped firing and he handed over the lead to Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry, who very ably and aggressively continued the fight against heavy odds. About 60 miles inside enemy territory, he destroyed two enemy Hunter aircraft with his gun attack. His courage and professional ability in such adverse circumstances was outstanding and he successfully managed to return to base after having lost contact with other members of the formation.

On 15th September, 1965, in spite of insufficient information from Ground Radar, Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry pursued his attack aggressively on enemy bombers and chased them 150 miles from his base.

During the engagement, he destroyed one enemy Canberra bomber. The services rendered by him were beyond the call of normal duty and contributed a significant share towards Pakistan Air Force achieving air superiority.

In the 1971 war with India, he had a close call when his plane was hit over Indian territory he ejected and returned safely to Pakistan. Four days later, he shot down two Indian fighters in the same area.

For these acts of courage, dedication and professional ability, Group Captain Cecil Chaudhry was awarded Sitara-i-Juraat and the Sitara-e-Basalat for his role in Pakistan’s war with India in 1965 in 1971.

Cecil Chaudhry became an educationalist after leaving the air force and was affiliated with the Punjab Education Foundation. He served as principal of St. Anthony's College for fourteen years, before becoming principal of Saint Mary's Academy, Lalazar, Rawalpindi, succeeding Sister Eileen Ann Daffy. He retired from this post in July 2011.
Chaudhry remained an influential, independent human rights activist, as well as working for the betterment of children with disabilities and for educational reform.
He was a mentor to the late Shahbaz Bhatti from 1990 onward. It was Cecil Chaudhry who founded The All Pakistan Minorities Alliance (APMA) in 2002, which was headed by Martyr Shahbaz Bhatti

He was also affiliated with the National Commission for Justice and Peace and was instrumental in leading the fourteen-year campaign that led to the restoration of Pakistan's joint electorate system in 2002.

Cecil Chaudhry died at the age of 70 in Lahore on 13 April 2012 after a battle with lung cancer.

In August 2013, President Asif Ali Zardari approved the conferment of the President's Pride of Performance Award upon Cecil Chaudhry. In November 2014 the Chief Minister Punjab Mian Mohammad Shahbaz Sharif renamed a portion of Lawrence Road Lahore to “Cecil Chaudhry Road”. Lawrence Road holds great significance in Cecil Chaudhry's life as this is the road where St Anthony’s High School is located; from where he not only received his schooling but also served as Principal of this institution for the longest ever period of fourteen years.

To keep her parents legacy alive; Cecil Chaudhry's daughter Michelle Chaudhry founded The Cecil & Iris Chaudhry Foundation (CICF) an independent, non-government, non-profit organization, dedicated to the eradication of injustice in society by advocating on behalf of the underprivileged, under represented and marginalized groups within the Pakistan.

Courtesy : Michelle Chaudhry

30688404_1691763647570748_8492445294011613184_n.jpg

If you haven't lived in Zia era and have no idea about the harmony that existed before that, then it's me singing lullabies to you, as the written history has been twisted to such a degree that it's almost impossible to tell a lie from fact. Indeed none of my sermons will work. Furthermore, living in the mighty PAF means that you haven't lived at all, as life @ military bases does not make Pakistan, trust you me, I, myself, lived @ many of these bases, they are a self contained world on their own, you might as well have lived in New York.
Absolutely agree with you Sir!
None caused more damage to pakistan than Zia.His grave and tomb should be destroyed forever.
These sick minded conservatives think wife swapping is a bigger issue than destroying a nation and diverting it from the vision of the founding father.Even if wife swapping existed it was merely a matter of consenting adults.Wife swapping is rising once again by the way in our urban cities.
The conservatives of our country are true illegitimate sons of zia ul haq. They think controlling personal lives of people is more important than the long term strategic direction of a nation.

Back
Top Bottom