What's new

CCTV media told Chinese: China fighting War on Terror, Turkey help Uyghur terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is your proof of Turkish governments involvement?
@waz where is the proof?
This is allowed,no proof at all?

Acknowledged, posts just making accusations without any substantial evidence will be edited or deleted. The same works the other way i.e. false accusations against China.

Are you Thai? Or Chinese?

Welcome my friend. It is customary that you introduce yourself in the introductions section when you join the forum. Thank you.

Acknowledged, posts just making accusations without any substantial evidence will be edited or deleted. The same works the other way i.e. false accusations against China.
Where is the link to the source,where is the source?
He just showed some pictures and wrote that the Turkish government is involved,where is the proof?
This thread should be deleted,why isnt it?
I can make up stuff about a country and get away with it?

There needs to a source, pictures are not good enough.

@waz , I believe the proof is the government's many revelations. That's the proof, the Chinese government. If Turkish members choose not to believe, then that's their own problem.

And, conveniently, in their own section, Turks have been sharing fake pictures photoshopped by ETIM and WUC, two terrorist-separatist organizations, as proof of China's oppression. I would hope that, for the sake of impartiality, those fake images and accusations would as well be deleted.

The Turkish members could as well share the news report form their own state news agency about the lack of evidence as to the "oppression" of Uighurs, which debunks all previous crazy accusations.

Some Turks have had a change of heart recently because their president had to say "they are bringing up these fake pictures and attacking Chinese people to hurt China-Turkey ties ahead of my visit to China."

But even that has been conveniently been ignored.

Turkey's active involvement in providing fake passports to Uighur separatists and potential terrorists is a fact. Some of those Uighurs ending up in Syria with ISIS and receiving regular treatment in Turkey is a fact. And Pakistanis should know more than anybody else how this "my terrorist is the good terrorist" works.

Turkish government (if not the state) is a sponsor of terrorism. And their provision of fake passports have been repeatedly voiced not just by Chinese government, but also by other SEA governments such as Indonesia and Thailand.

Duped by extremists
Source:Global Times Published: 2015-6-9 20:13:01

Uyghur youth explains how jihadists tricked him, threatened his life, and ruined his future
76248959-5209-42dc-bdbc-c2341974da5c.jpeg

Armed police officers in Pingxiang, a border city in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, search for suspects from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region who attempted to cross the border illegally in January 2015. Photo: CFP

Tursun, a young Uyghur man with good grades, could have been spending his 23rd birthday celebrating his success at a top-tier university. Instead, he has spent it in jail, giving interviews to media outlets about how he got lured into helping a terrorist group overseas.

China recently repatriated a group of criminals who illegally went abroad after being deceived by religious extremists. On their return, they exposed the lies of terror groups and revealed their miserable overseas experiences to the media.

Tursun, in an interview published on the WeChat account Zuihouyigongli, which is run by the Cyberspace Administration of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, said that he wanted to share his dark experiences to warn young men that getting fooled by extremists could only ruin their prospects for a good future.

Previous life

Tursun is from Luopu county in southwest Xinjiang. Several years ago, he was among the top six students in a local school, and got admitted into a senior high school in a city outside Xinjiang.

According to the Xinjiang education authority, China has established senior high school classes for Uyghur students in 12 cities outside the region, including Beijing and Shanghai, since 2000 to improve the basic education level of Xinjiang.

"My parents were so happy that they cried after hearing that I got admitted, and they said that they would support my studies even if it might cost all the family's savings," Tursun said.

He still cherished his life in senior high school. Four students shared one dorm, which was equipped with an air conditioner.

The only thought of Tursun at that time was going to college. He passed the College English Test 6, and was ranked top in his class.

"Our foreign language teacher Robert often encouraged me and read my essay in the class," Tursan said, proudly reciting a paragraph of his essay.

He planned to apply to Xinjiang Medical University and pursue further study abroad before coming back Xinjiang to practice medicine.

However, he scored poorly in the national college entrance examinations, the first time he wrote them.

Without telling his family, Tursun went back to Hotan to prepare for the next year's exams while working part time.

The next year, his scores exceeded the requirement set for first-tier universities. But tragically, he never enrolled.

Instead, he was duped by his roommate Mexmut, a construction worker who frequently brainwashed Tursun in the name of promoting religion, persuading him that he could help Tursun study in Egypt.

Living in the dark

Tursun agreed. But he did not study in Egypt. Mexmut forced him to join a terror group, telling him he should join the holy war in Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. Tursan tried to back out, but was threatened.

"Mexmut and some other people pointed at me with two swords and said that they could not let me go because I knew too much. They said they would kill me and throw my bodies to places none of my parents could find if I did not follow them," Tursun said.

Tursun had to lie to his parents, saying that he was admitted by a university outside Xinjiang. He gave Mexmut 30,000 yuan ($4,800), the money his parents gave him for university tuition. Mexmut helped Tursun sneaked out of China.

On the border between China and Vietnam, Tursun called the people who sent him out and said he wanted to return home, but was again told that he would die if he came back.

"We lived in fear on the road, and only ate fruit. The organizers only cared about their own safety."

Tursun and some 30 other people squeezed in a vehicle that was for a dozen passengers, and they did not open windows for fear of being spotted.

Even after they arrived at their destination, they only went outside at night. During his days in the terror group, he was banned from listening to music and getting involved in a relationship.

After noticing Tursun's English skills, the group leader assigned him to organize a people smuggling business.

Tursun helped smuggle eight groups of people by contacting agents using a mobile phone and the Internet. An additional four groups were caught on their way out of the country.

Tursun met many people who were smuggled overseas like him. One man had agreed to join the holy war in Afghanistan. He left the group due to frequent abuse, and said that people fled from the Islamic State, Syria and Afghanistan every day. Others were killed handling explosives.

Tursan said he met a man who made fake videos for an overseas terror group. The man finally left the group, saying that he did not want Xinjiang Uyghur people to believe those videos.

Coming back

Tursun was arrested and repatriated to China in February. Previous media reports said that over 300 Chinese extremists are fighting with the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.

Xinjiang has been plagued by religious extremism for years, leading to several major terrorist attacks in the region and other places in China.

In November 2014, Shanghai police arrested nine Uyghur people who planned to sneak abroad by using fabricated Turkish passports, and 10 Turks who organized the plot and provided the fake passports.

Xinjiang launched a yearlong campaign in May 2014 to crack down on violence and terrorist activities, after a terror attack in Urumqi that killed 31 people on May 22, 2014.

Chinese police have arrested 352 people suspected of organizing and transporting people to other countries, and 852 people suspected of crossing borders from May 2014 to this January. The East Turkestan Islamic Movement was believed to be behind the crime, according to the Xinhua News Agency.

The Xinjiang government is also working on winning the support of the Uyghur people on the campaign. It has hired ex-soldiers to maintain community stability and also held cultural activities including short sketch comedies and drawing competitions to help them understand extremism and separatism.

Tursun was plunged into deep regret and agony. "I never called my parents during the one-year period staying overseas, and I felt sorry."

He warned young people to be alert to three kinds of people: those claiming current Muslims are not typical Muslims, those showing illegal religious brochures, and those criticizing the present legal system.

"Don't be fooled by these extremists and end up like me," Tursun said, before being led back behind bars.

4 Uighur jihadists linked to ISIS flew to West Java via KL, say Indonesian police, SE Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

JAKARTA (JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Indonesia's anti-terrorism police, who have arrested four Chinese Uighur jihadists linked to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terror group, found that they used fake passports bought in Thailand and flew to Kuala Lumpur, before heading to Bandung in West Java.

The elite Detachment 88 police squad arrested seven suspected terrorists, including the four individuals allegedly from China's restive Xinjiang province, in the conflict-prone Poso of Central Sulawesi over the weekend.

It is alleged that the foreign nationals were planning to join a terrorist cell in Sulawesi where a number of groups and individuals, including radical cleric and convicted terrorist Abu Bakar Bashir, are known to have voiced their support and raised funds for ISIS.

An estimated 100 Indonesians are believed to be fighting under the ISIS banner in Syria and Iraq.

The Jakarta Post reported that the National Police were working to uncover the motives and backgrounds of the four foreigners, who are currently being held at the Mobile Brigade's (Brimob) detention center in Depok, West Java.

National Police chief Sutarman said on Monday that police investigators had trouble finding interpreters for them as none of the suspects, identified as Ahmed Bozoghlan, A. Basyit, A. Bayram and Azubaidan, spoke English.

"We have coordinated with the Turkish Embassy in regard to the suspects' fraudulent Turkish passports and we also asked (the embassy) to assign an interpreter. It turns out that they speak a different language. The suspects speak Uighur," General Sutarman said, referring to a Turkic language spoken by China's Uighur ethnic group.

According to Sutarman, the four purchased fake Turkish passports, priced at US$1,000 (S$1,260) each, in Thailand.

Where is your proof of Turkish governments involvement?
@waz where is the proof?
This is allowed,no proof at all?
Because its the Chinese section,they can get away with this?
Shall i start some threads on China in the Turkish section?
Well ... when i create this news thread, had proved the attitude of China government to Turkey. U can say BeiJing said a 'lie', or official CCTV said a 'lie', or Turkey passports displayed on news also 'lie' ... but those captured Uyghur men from ASEAN nations is TRUE, and their confession about Turkey also TRUE ... go to Turkey later crossing the border into ISIS much more credible than fly from China XinJiang to ISIS, the world knew that.

What's the proof of Turkish government involvement ? Damn the Turkey passports carried by those captured Uyghur men, China just need it ! Just let ur government explain to BeiJing, why those Uyghur men have Turkey passports and hide in ASEAN, not others ???
8b50a5cc7cd98d109d321701273fb80e7aec90ad.jpg

Last edited:
There needs to a source, pictures are not good enough.
Bro,what are you waiting for,no proof no thread,isnt that the rule?
Or because they are Chinese,they can have the benefit of the doubt,i dont get it?
Post 94,fake passports and they accuse my government of being involved.
What is this,close the damn trhead,and let them cry me a river.

Actually, Turkey government is no foreign to distributing fake passports to terrorists at the blink of an eye. That's a Turkish source.

Report: More than 100,000 fake Turkish passports given to ISIL

April 09, 2015, Thursday/ 17:49:20/ TODAY'S ZAMAN / ISTANBUL

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants were given more than 100,000 fake Turkish passports in order to travel to Turkey and then enter Syria to join ISIL, a daily reported on Thursday.

According to a story in the Meydan daily, A.G., an aide of Nurali T., a Uyghur Turk working for ISIL to provide militants with passports worldwide, Nurali T.'s office in İstanbul's Zeytinburnu district functions as an ISIL passport office. Each passport was sold for $200, A.G. told Meydan.

More than 50,000 Uyghur Turks came to Turkey with these fake passports from China via Thailand and Malaysia and entered Syria after staying a day in İstanbul, Meydan reported. A.G. claimed that most of the Uyghurs with fake passports were caught by police in Turkish airports but they were released in Turkey after their passports were seized. “The Uyghurs' release in Turkey is due to a secret [little-known] Turkish law on Uyghur Turks. More than 50,000 Uyghurs joined ISIL through this method,” A.G. added.

A.G. further said that Nurali T. organizes recruits from around the world from his İstanbul office. Militants who entered Turkey with these fake passports are hosted either in hotels or guesthouses for a day before they join ISIL in Syria, A.G. said.

The Turkish government's stance toward ISIL has so far been ambiguous. The Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government has been accused of supporting the terrorist organization by turning a blind eye to its militants crossing the border and even buying its oil. There have also been claims that Turkey has sent weapons to opposition groups fighting the regime of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria. The NATO ally has also been facing a backlash for its reluctance to join US-led coalition efforts to eliminate ISIL, feeding speculation that this reluctance may be an indicator that some Turkish officials are ideologically close to the terrorist group.

Based on a 2014 report, Sezgin Tanrıkulu, deputy chairman of the main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) said that ISIL terrorists fighting in Syria have also been claimed to have been treated in hospitals in Turkey. However, publicly, Turkish authorities have strongly condemned the terrorist acts of ISIL militants and say these actions have nothing to do with Islam.

Last edited:
'Turkey is Backing ISIS'
Prof. Inbar tells Arutz Sheva Turkey 'doesn't distinguish between Islamists,' is using them for 'Neo-Ottoman' foreign policy of domination.

412497.jpg

Prof. Efraim Inbar, Director of the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies, told Arutz Sheva that Turkey has been supportive of Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria and Iraq, as it pursues greater influence in the Middle East.

Some experts have called it a "Neo-Ottoman" foreign policy, to regain influence in places that were once backwater provinces to the Ottoman Empire.

But plans to expand that influence have run into trouble. The relationships with both Israel and Syria have totally collapsed, but Turkey is now looking at influence through the Sunni Islamist movements in the Middle East.

"The Islamic Brotherhood, Al-Qaeda and ISIS – Turkey does not distinguish between them," says Inbar. "They are helping ISIS with its wounded by treating them in Turkey and with weapons, and turning a blind eye to people coming (to Syria) from Europe. It has become a staging ground."

Professor Inbar asserts the controversial proposition that not only is Turkey neglecting the threat of ISIS in the Middle East or remaining passive to it, but actively encouraging it, a position supported by reports of Turkish sympathy to ISIS. Others on the ground do not go so far.

According to a report by the Kurdish Rudaw news site, Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) Chief of Staff Fuad Hussein said at a conference Thursday, “the Turkish priority is different. The Turkish priority is to remove the regime of (President Bashar al-Assad) in Syria, not ISIS."

In Inbar's mind, the way Turkey approached the battle of Kobane – ultimately won by Syrian and Iraqi Kurds - was fully indicative of their attitude toward Islamic State. If they had wanted to do more to liberate the city, they could have.

"They were going to allow Kobane to fall. It was only because of Western pressure that they let Kurdish Peshmerga fighters in from Iraq," Inbar said.

Changing ties with Kurds?

Asked if Turkey's attempts to make a breakthrough in the government's conflict with its Kurdish citizens might be a sign it is growing closer to the Kurds in Iraq and cooling its stance toward Kurdish militias fighting in Syria, Inbar was certain that they absolutely were not.

Regardless, Turkey has been making efforts to prop up the government in the Kurdish region of Iraq. A reported $500 million loan from Turkey is a sign they want the region stable, but Inbar says Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan wants one thing out of Kurdistan.

"They want energy from the Kurdish area," he says. "This government is less afraid of Kurdish nationalism only because it is more focused on religious Islamic identity and not the ethnic Turkish identity that makes the conflict with Kurds so difficult."

Regardless, the money is not a sign they want a strong ally in Iraq to counter Iran - much less ISIS - but merely out of the stability that allows the Kurdish oil to flow. When asked about reports that Turkey has also sent weapons to the Kurdish region, he downplayed their significance while still being surprised that they delivered such aid to the Peshmerga.

"They do not want a strong Kurdish movement or government," asserts Inbar, while implying that any such aid would be out of character for Turkey. "Any weapons going to the Kurds would be surprising also because the Kurds have their own."

The claims that Turkey has sent small arms to Kurdistan were made by the same Kurdish Presidential Chief of Staff cited above, Fuad Hussein. No one has doubted the aid was sent, though as Hussein himself noted last November, Turkey had until then balked at the chance to send "heavy weapons."

Worries about Iran

While Saudi Arabia and Israel are concerned about both Iran and ISIS, a Turkey that might secretly be supportive of Islamic State would certainly be troubled by the speed with which Iran's proxies in Iraq are advancing in the ISIS-held Iraqi city of Tikrit.

"They do not say it openly, but they are also apprehensive about growing Iranian influence in the Middle East," said the professor. "It is not clear to what extent they're ready to do something on their own, but they might continue to strengthen anti-Assad forces."

Turkey is certainly considering getting more invested in the emerging anti-Iran bloc. Recent visits to Saudi Arabia and the Persian Gulf show that at the least the Arab states "want to use Turkey to help balance things out to Iran, at least to some extent."

But if Turkey wants to continue on its more assertive foreign policy path that emphasizes Turkish ambition and a Sunni Islamic identity, it might be inevitable they throw themselves into the enmity between the Iranians and the Saudis.

"Growing Turkish involvement is a clear departure from old Kamalist policies and they will certainly incur a cost for Turkey. But that is just another facet of the Islamization of the country," said Inbar.

The Chinese state television has already mentioned Turkey as the source, even the English version broadcasted this news mentioning the Chinese government has pointed Turkey as the culprit. So if some Turk here wants proof and source, he should be telling that to the Chinese government instead of whining here about deleting this thread.

Enjoy world news about Turkey and ISIS ... true or lie ?!

German deputy speaker: NATO must stop Turkey support for ISIS
72333Image1.jpg

Claudia Roth: ‘Germany must help the peace process to continue in Turkey.’

BERLIN, Germany – NATO must force Turkey to stop its undeclared support of the Islamic State (ISIS) and shift its policy toward the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), the deputy speaker of the German parliament said.

Claudia Roth said in an interview with Rudaw that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s government is pursuing a “murky” policy in Syria because it wants the Kurds weakened and their fighters “annihilated.”

“What we have learned is that Mr Erdogan wouldn’t mind if Kurds were weakened and then annihilated,” said Roth, deputy speaker of the Bundestag and a Green Party MP.

Erdogan’s “dealings with the ISIS are unacceptable. I could not believe that Turkey harbors an ISIS militant camp in Istanbul,” Roth said. “Turkey has also allowed weapons to be transported into Syria through its borders. Also that the ISIS has been able to sell its oil via Turkey is extraordinary,” she added.

Turkey categorically denies any dealings with ISIS. But there are many reported accounts of foreign jihadi fighters crossing from Turkey to Syria, wounded militants treated in Turkish hospitals and Ankara turning a blind eye to ISIS selling smuggled oil.

Turkey has invited criticism for its Syria policy. Ankara has remained idle while in Kobane Kurdish fighters of the PKK-affiliated People’s Protection Units (YPG) are making a last stand to keep ISIS from overrunning the Syrian town just across the border.

“I really don’t understand either why would Mr Erdogan and his ministers regard the PKK the same way they view the Islamic State,” Roth said. “Yes, it’s true the PKK does not have a democratic foundation, but it is no ISIS and one should not regard it as such,” she added.

“Germany must put pressure on Turkey to change course and reevaluate its policies. It should also ask NATO members to do the same. Germany must help the peace process to continue in Turkey.”

Regarding German help for Syrian Kurds, she said “Germany could have done so much more than just sending humanitarian help.”

She added that the world should also have helped the Kurdistan Region in northern Iraq, where the autonomous government has taken in some 1.6 million refugees from Syria and other parts of Iraq.

“Why has the international community not helped Kurdistan and the refugees the way it should have?” Roth questioned. She said she had seen refugees first hand in Kurdistan and the Turkish Syrian border of Suruc.

“It was devastating to see how an entire population is being eradicated before our eyes in Kobane,” she said.

“There is a refugee crisis even there where people have been sheltered in temporary places and on the streets. I want to underline that the international community must act very fast and aid the refugees. I have also asked the German government to increase its humanitarian help,” she added.

She said that the peace process between the PKK and the Turkish government, which has largely lagged since it was initiated in March 2012, would succeed only if Ankara changed its treatment of the outlawed PKK.

If Turkey continues to regard the PKK as a terrorist organization like ISIS it “will destroy this process and boost extremism among Kurds,” she warned. “In actual fact Kurds are victims of the rotten Turkish policies. No country should accept this.”

Abdullah Ocalan, the jailed leader of the PKK, said recently that the fall of Kobane could kill the Kurdish peace process in Turkey.

Roth blamed regional powers and selfish interests for Kurdish suffering. “Unfortunately some regional powers think only about their interests without thinking about the suffering of the Kurds,” she said. “There is no coordinated action or will against the ISIS in the region, for instance between Iran and Saudi Arabia. I hope the UN will put pressure on them to take a clearer stand.”

She made a call for ISIS to be “annihilated” and targeted economically as well as militarily.

“Lightly arming Kurds won’t solve the problem. There should be extensive and radical efforts,” she said, fearing that Kobane would fall to ISIS but calling on Kurds not to despair.

“They should know that they have many friends who support them in their battle against the Islamic State.”

@waz , I believe the proof is the government's many revelations. That's the proof, the Chinese government. If Turkish members choose not to believe, then that's their own problem.

And, conveniently, in their own section, Turks have been sharing fake pictures photoshopped by ETIM and WUC, two terrorist-separatist organizations, as proof of China's oppression. I would hope that, for the sake of impartiality, those fake images and accusations would as well be deleted.

The Turkish members could as well share the news report form their own state news agency about the lack of evidence as to the "oppression" of Uighurs, which debunks all previous crazy accusations.

Some Turks have had a change of heart recently because their president had to say "they are bringing up these fake pictures and attacking Chinese people to hurt China-Turkey ties ahead of my visit to China."

But even that has been conveniently been ignored.

Turkey's active involvement in providing fake passports to Uighur separatists and potential terrorists is a fact. Some of those Uighurs ending up in Syria with ISIS and receiving regular treatment in Turkey is a fact. And Pakistanis should know more than anybody else how this "my terrorist is the good terrorist" works.

Turkish government (if not the state) is a sponsor of terrorism. And their provision of fake passports have been repeatedly voiced not just by Chinese government, but also by other SEA governments such as Indonesia and Thailand.

Duped by extremists
Source:Global Times Published: 2015-6-9 20:13:01

Uyghur youth explains how jihadists tricked him, threatened his life, and ruined his future
76248959-5209-42dc-bdbc-c2341974da5c.jpeg

Armed police officers in Pingxiang, a border city in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, search for suspects from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region who attempted to cross the border illegally in January 2015. Photo: CFP

Tursun, a young Uyghur man with good grades, could have been spending his 23rd birthday celebrating his success at a top-tier university. Instead, he has spent it in jail, giving interviews to media outlets about how he got lured into helping a terrorist group overseas.

China recently repatriated a group of criminals who illegally went abroad after being deceived by religious extremists. On their return, they exposed the lies of terror groups and revealed their miserable overseas experiences to the media.

Tursun, in an interview published on the WeChat account Zuihouyigongli, which is run by the Cyberspace Administration of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, said that he wanted to share his dark experiences to warn young men that getting fooled by extremists could only ruin their prospects for a good future.

Previous life

Tursun is from Luopu county in southwest Xinjiang. Several years ago, he was among the top six students in a local school, and got admitted into a senior high school in a city outside Xinjiang.

According to the Xinjiang education authority, China has established senior high school classes for Uyghur students in 12 cities outside the region, including Beijing and Shanghai, since 2000 to improve the basic education level of Xinjiang.

"My parents were so happy that they cried after hearing that I got admitted, and they said that they would support my studies even if it might cost all the family's savings," Tursun said.

He still cherished his life in senior high school. Four students shared one dorm, which was equipped with an air conditioner.

The only thought of Tursun at that time was going to college. He passed the College English Test 6, and was ranked top in his class.

"Our foreign language teacher Robert often encouraged me and read my essay in the class," Tursan said, proudly reciting a paragraph of his essay.

He planned to apply to Xinjiang Medical University and pursue further study abroad before coming back Xinjiang to practice medicine.

However, he scored poorly in the national college entrance examinations, the first time he wrote them.

Without telling his family, Tursun went back to Hotan to prepare for the next year's exams while working part time.

The next year, his scores exceeded the requirement set for first-tier universities. But tragically, he never enrolled.

Instead, he was duped by his roommate Mexmut, a construction worker who frequently brainwashed Tursun in the name of promoting religion, persuading him that he could help Tursun study in Egypt.

Living in the dark

Tursun agreed. But he did not study in Egypt. Mexmut forced him to join a terror group, telling him he should join the holy war in Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. Tursan tried to back out, but was threatened.

"Mexmut and some other people pointed at me with two swords and said that they could not let me go because I knew too much. They said they would kill me and throw my bodies to places none of my parents could find if I did not follow them," Tursun said.

Tursun had to lie to his parents, saying that he was admitted by a university outside Xinjiang. He gave Mexmut 30,000 yuan ($4,800), the money his parents gave him for university tuition. Mexmut helped Tursun sneaked out of China.

On the border between China and Vietnam, Tursun called the people who sent him out and said he wanted to return home, but was again told that he would die if he came back.

"We lived in fear on the road, and only ate fruit. The organizers only cared about their own safety."

Tursun and some 30 other people squeezed in a vehicle that was for a dozen passengers, and they did not open windows for fear of being spotted.

Even after they arrived at their destination, they only went outside at night. During his days in the terror group, he was banned from listening to music and getting involved in a relationship.

After noticing Tursun's English skills, the group leader assigned him to organize a people smuggling business.

Tursun helped smuggle eight groups of people by contacting agents using a mobile phone and the Internet. An additional four groups were caught on their way out of the country.

Tursun met many people who were smuggled overseas like him. One man had agreed to join the holy war in Afghanistan. He left the group due to frequent abuse, and said that people fled from the Islamic State, Syria and Afghanistan every day. Others were killed handling explosives.

Tursan said he met a man who made fake videos for an overseas terror group. The man finally left the group, saying that he did not want Xinjiang Uyghur people to believe those videos.

Coming back

Tursun was arrested and repatriated to China in February. Previous media reports said that over 300 Chinese extremists are fighting with the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.

Xinjiang has been plagued by religious extremism for years, leading to several major terrorist attacks in the region and other places in China.

In November 2014, Shanghai police arrested nine Uyghur people who planned to sneak abroad by using fabricated Turkish passports, and 10 Turks who organized the plot and provided the fake passports.

Xinjiang launched a yearlong campaign in May 2014 to crack down on violence and terrorist activities, after a terror attack in Urumqi that killed 31 people on May 22, 2014.

Chinese police have arrested 352 people suspected of organizing and transporting people to other countries, and 852 people suspected of crossing borders from May 2014 to this January. The East Turkestan Islamic Movement was believed to be behind the crime, according to the Xinhua News Agency.

The Xinjiang government is also working on winning the support of the Uyghur people on the campaign. It has hired ex-soldiers to maintain community stability and also held cultural activities including short sketch comedies and drawing competitions to help them understand extremism and separatism.

Tursun was plunged into deep regret and agony. "I never called my parents during the one-year period staying overseas, and I felt sorry."

He warned young people to be alert to three kinds of people: those claiming current Muslims are not typical Muslims, those showing illegal religious brochures, and those criticizing the present legal system.

"Don't be fooled by these extremists and end up like me," Tursun said, before being led back behind bars.

4 Uighur jihadists linked to ISIS flew to West Java via KL, say Indonesian police, SE Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

JAKARTA (JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Indonesia's anti-terrorism police, who have arrested four Chinese Uighur jihadists linked to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terror group, found that they used fake passports bought in Thailand and flew to Kuala Lumpur, before heading to Bandung in West Java.

The elite Detachment 88 police squad arrested seven suspected terrorists, including the four individuals allegedly from China's restive Xinjiang province, in the conflict-prone Poso of Central Sulawesi over the weekend.

It is alleged that the foreign nationals were planning to join a terrorist cell in Sulawesi where a number of groups and individuals, including radical cleric and convicted terrorist Abu Bakar Bashir, are known to have voiced their support and raised funds for ISIS.

An estimated 100 Indonesians are believed to be fighting under the ISIS banner in Syria and Iraq.

The Jakarta Post reported that the National Police were working to uncover the motives and backgrounds of the four foreigners, who are currently being held at the Mobile Brigade's (Brimob) detention center in Depok, West Java.

National Police chief Sutarman said on Monday that police investigators had trouble finding interpreters for them as none of the suspects, identified as Ahmed Bozoghlan, A. Basyit, A. Bayram and Azubaidan, spoke English.

"We have coordinated with the Turkish Embassy in regard to the suspects' fraudulent Turkish passports and we also asked (the embassy) to assign an interpreter. It turns out that they speak a different language. The suspects speak Uighur," General Sutarman said, referring to a Turkic language spoken by China's Uighur ethnic group.

According to Sutarman, the four purchased fake Turkish passports, priced at US$1,000 (S$1,260) each, in Thailand.
Dont come with some childish excusess,you started this bs,we had no problems with you people until you called us terrorists.
From now,be prepared and come with evidence,i dont buy your pictures and some Hollywood stories,you messed with the wrong people.
Your troll army can try,we are ready.
You just made a new enemy,congratulations.

Turkey trying to cover up support for ISIS: Analyst
get-attachment-1110-587x392.jpg

‘An author says the Turkish government is attempting to cover up its support for the Takfiri ISIL terrorist group, Press TV reports.

“We can also see that Turkish regime of Erdoğan and Davutoğlu is very interested in hiding massive realities of what they are doing, and the bottom line of all that is they are supporting ISIL,” said Webster Griffin Tarpley, an author and historian.

The commentator further noted that Turkey was contributing to the bloodshed by extending its support to the militant group.

The Turkish authorities have essentially turned into “accessories to genocide and mass murder,” he said.’

CNN Negotiation time: Why are U.S. and Turkey sparring over ISIS?
111.jpg

Turkey's key geography
Their location makes them a key regional partner, and the United States needs Turkey to cut off the flow of foreign fighters into Syria, most of whom enter by crossing the Turkish border.

The United States also needs the Turkish government to crack down on black market sales of illegal oil, a main funding source for ISIS' activities.

These issues are all on the table as Allen meets with Turkish officials over the next two days.

Is the Islamic State really a terrorist group? Turkey's lawyers don't think so - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Is the Islamic State (IS) a terrorist organization? The Turkish people are left wondering because of the gaps between public perception and the legal system in Turkey.

Author Metin Gurcan
Posted July 13, 2015

In June 2014, 70.7% of Turks labeled IS as a terrorist organization; when the poll was repeated in September 2014, this had climbed to 79.8%. Although there have not been any credible polls since then, it is likely this will be even higher now.

If the majority of Turks think of IS as a terrorist organization, then what's the legal reality? Since spring 2015, Turkish security services have been considering IS as a security threat; three months ago, the Chief of General Staff started issuing information about captured IS elements and for the past two months has been labeling IS a terrorist organization.

In recent days, there have been reports of anti-IS operations by the Turkish police in various cities. On July 30, the Turkish media reported an anti-IS operation in Istanbul that resulted in the arrest of 30 people who were involved in organizing travel arrangements for Europeans to join IS in Iraq and Syria.

Last weekend, another unusual police operation took place in Gaziantep, when 45 people — including many Tajiks, some with their wives and children — were detained upon their arrival by bus from Istanbul. Some of the detainees told the police they had chosen to live in the "Islamic state" and that they were immigrating, while others admitted their intention to join jihad in Syria. The police said all those arrested face deportation.

What is the legal status of IS militants apprehended in Turkey? According to a gendarmerie officer at the Turkish-Syrian border, who spoke to Al-Monitor on condition of anonymity, the legal process applied to detained IS militants is subject to serious legal shortcomings. The officer divided detained IS militants into three categories: Turkish citizens; foreigners who have entered Turkey legally and whose passports have valid visas; and foreigners who entered Turkey illegally.

“Because of legal adjustments necessary to harmonize with the European Union, the authority of our security forces to check the identity of suspects and detain them has been restricted," he said. "For example, even if we know for sure that someone is an IS militant, we can’t touch him unless he has been involved in a violent crime in Turkey.”

Regarding Turkish citizens trying to go to Syria and Iraq illegally, an army officer serving with a border detachment told Al-Monitor, “The legal process on the ground is not helpful to the security forces. For example, if I see an unarmed Turkish citizen trying to cross to Syria there is nothing I can do if he is outside the military forbidden zone along the border [which is between 197-1,969 feet wide]. I can’t actually do anything even if I catch him inside the military zone because someone has instructed him … to say he is a tourist and has entered the military zone by mistake. We have no choice but to turn him over to the police, who will give him a small fine and let him go.”

For Turkish IS militants who are caught when trying to enter Turkey illegally from Syria and Iraq, this legal vacuum is most useful.

Sources along the border who spoke to Al-Monitor on condition of anonymity say lawyers who are IS sympathizers are patrolling the border and the minute they hear that an IS militant has been caught, they rush to the scene and offer free legal advice.

"It is interesting to observe that the IS militants crossing the border illegally are very well briefed about their legal rights. In their first contact with us, during their medical checks and when appearing before a prosecutor, they exploit the gaps in the legal system," a senior security official told Al-Monitor. "Over the past two years, I have seen hundreds of Turkish citizens who I know to be definitely IS militants let go. As security forces we are doing our best, but if we don’t have adequate legal support how efficient can we be as individuals? I know of tens of security officials who are being investigated because of complaints lodged against their efforts to curtail IS traffic."

In regard to foreign IS militants who have entered Turkey legally, a security official told Al-Monitor: “I’m amazed by how informed the apprehended foreigners are of the holes in Turkey’s legal system. For example, they all say that they are in Turkey as tourists, and that they had come to the border area out of curiosity with no intention to cross the border. Many lodge complaints against us of ill treatment , and they have strong legal counsel behind them. I think all of this is well organized."

Another security official told Al-Monitor how serious the situation is about foreign IS militants entering Turkey illegally: “IS militants crossing into Turkey illegally from Syria or Iraq are the worst group to deal with because their legal status is a total mystery. When you catch them, they never have identification on them. Then they give us false information. An Egyptian tells us he is a Yemeni, gives a false name and provides a plausible story. It takes on average three months to acquire the biometric data of these people and send it to the various countries for verification and wait for a response. Where are you going to keep these people and on what legal grounds? If you decide to deport them, no country will take them without proper identification. I can tell you that there are hundreds of IS militants in our detention centers and prisons waiting for months to appear before a judge."

Another official draws attention to the incredible workload of the courts and prosecutors in Kilis, a city closest to the border. “Without exaggeration, every day hundreds of cases arrive but there are not enough prosecutors, judges and court clerks. I can’t understand why the Ministry of Justice doesn’t send more personnel to this city,” he told Al-Monitor.

Although Turkey has not officially declared IS as a terrorist organization, under international pressure a decision was taken on Oct. 10, 2013, to “freeze the financial resources of persons linked to IS.”

Government officials referring to this official directive say that Turkey has declared IS as a terrorist organization, but this does not reflect the reality on the ground.

Then how can Turkey legally declare IS as a terrorist organization?

Legal experts think Turkey can do this by applying international legal texts and norms. Another approach could be to declare IS as a terrorist organization because of its violent acts in Turkey. As of today, there are two cases in Turkish courts involving IS: the armed IS attack on March 20, 2014, in the Central Anatolian province of Nigde that killed two security officials and a civilian and wounded eight people, seven of them soldiers; and the bomb attack last June 5, during a Peoples' Democratic Party rally in Diyarbakir that killed four and wounded about 100. But both cases are proceeding very slowly and are far from being transparent.

The Turkish legal system appears to be unwilling and too slow to declare IS as a terrorist organization.

Although the majority of Turks identify IS as a terrorist organization and the security services are introducing stiffer measures against IS, Turkey is not able to launch an effective struggle because of the gaps in the Turkish legal system, which the IS militants are thoroughly familiar with. If Turkey decides on a serious struggle against IS, what is needed first are changes in the penal code. Otherwise the Turkish public will applaud when IS militants are apprehended but will not know that most of them are released a short time later.

Bro,what are you waiting for,no proof no thread,isnt that the rule?

Bro the issue was about sources, there is a Zaman one above, and others. Wether people believe them, question their validity or take them as gospel, that's down to the individual poster. People are free to refute them on here. There is also a substantial thread in the Turkish section that the moderators have left alone, where similarily links are posted and people can make their own minds up.
I won't tolerate mindless slurs or unsubstantiated rants . But for the sake of running an open forum, the threads should continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom