What's new

CATIC targets 300 JF-17 sales in five years

Good salesmen ship from china, its a good sign for us too!

We were not able to stop this deal because China is the buyer not Pakistan (They were largest importer of Russian Hardware)

Moscow's not so dumb not to know who was going to use them eventually and what for :azn: ...

What about Iran, Azerbaijan, Zimbabwe? Weren't these the countries rumoured to have placed the first orders?

zimbabwe cant pay, iran US pressure and azerbajin likly but some other problems like russian interference

from Flight International of months ago

CTbla.jpg

A0D50.jpg

0NKWT.jpg

Not to mention the chart showing that China has exported over 1200 aircraft to some 20 different countries.
Not a bad figure considering the competition that was there in the past .

people forget the F-7 & F-6 variants.

My knowledge is Chinese engines are for their domestic use, birds provided for other nations are Russian engine?

Please confirm.
No,its not true.
WS13 is trial production phase now.
Its preparing for mass production in 2012.

Do not be misled by the term trainer given to L-15 trainer. Just like what PLAN called her carrier a trainer. I will not dispute the fact L-15 is designed primAry for trainer. But to think the specification of L-15 and FC-1 is totAlly different are wrong. L-15 can be pressed into a fighter/ attacker with very minor modification.

军事科技 - 猎鹰展翅-L15高级教练机 高清720HD - YouTube

If you can understand Chinese, the designer of L-15 gives a good description of his baby...

I think you cant understand Chinese.

It only can be pressed into a light attacker not a fighter.

Performance
LT-15
Maximum speed: Mach 1.4
Range: 3,100 km ()
Combat radius: Over 550+ km
Service ceiling: 16,000 m ()
Rate of climb: >200 m/s (afterburning) ()
Empty weight: 4.96 t
Max. takeoff weight: 9.5 t

Jf17:
Empty weight: 6,586 kg (14,520 lb[
Loaded weight: 9,100 kg (20,062 lb
Max. takeoff weight: 12,383 kg (27,300 lb
Maximum speed: Mach 1.8
Combat radius: 1,352 km
Ferry range: 3,482 km
Service ceiling: 16,920 m
Max. takeoff weight: 12,383 kg (27,300 lb[

What should i say other than LT-15 is just advanced training aircraft.
LT-15 is comparable with M-346 Master, EADS Mako/HEAT and MiG-AT.

Dont mind it,its only a joke.

L-15 never can be a fighter,but its a best trainer and a good attacker

Latest info is L-15 is a Mach 1.6 and the AI-225 afterburner gives it max 8400kg thrust. I doubt the combat radius is 550km. Given its ferry range is 3100km. Definitely comparable to FC-1.

It will be a combo of trainer Plus fighter/ attacker. Ultimate cost saver for small airforce.

Two AI-225k-25F only have 48kn in Normal modle.with thrust only M1.4 .
Can you understand Chinese?
L15(又称“猎鹰”)飞机是中航工业洪都自主研制的新一代双发超音速高级教练机,于2006年3月首飞成功。该机具有典型的第三代战斗机特征,设计采用了大边条翼气动布局、高度翼身融合体结构,先进数字飞控电传系统和基于开放式数据总路线技术的综合航电系统,操纵敏捷,大迎角机动性强,能充分满足第三代战斗机飞行员的战斗入门训练和战术基础改装训练,机体设计寿命达1万小时,具有很高的训练效费比。

这是洪都自己写的介绍,你明白什么叫战斗入门训练吗?
就L-15那小机头"神鹰"-80塞进去都困难,你还把它当战斗机,你太奇葩了。

I wonder at what cost they are selling these planes?
How about the infrastructure?
Would the Chinese/Pakistanis help here?
How about ToT?
Who'll provide the spares?
Training?
Engine overhaul, since the RD 93 is Russian?

The Chief Designer Zhang Hong @5: 43 of the vid mentioned that L-15 has incorporated both adavanced trainer and jet fighter designs. So
Beast is correct.

在现在这个时代如果你认为能发射个近距离空空导弹就能叫做战斗机,那我就认为他是对的。
而且这东西值1500万美元

Not to mention the chart showing that China has exported over 1200 aircraft to some 20 different countries.
Not a bad figure considering the competition that was there in the past .
Agreed! But check out the countries that have bought these Chinese aircraft. Except for North Korea, Egypt and Pakistan, no other country has ever fought a war or taken part in any aerial combat! They are small nations who don't expect to go to war either. And needless to say, they can't afford the newfangled and more sophisticated aerial platforms.

Back
Top Bottom