What's new

Caterpillar to provide 60 Diesal Electrc Locomotives for Pakistan Railways

No the real reason is that indian products are very cheap in quality. and are not reliable.

Not in quality:no:,but in price.

The major ongoing export projects include; Leasing of 25 locomotives in Tanzania and 20 locomotives in Mozambique; Supply of 20 locomotives to Myanmar; Leasing of 23 passenger coaches to Tanzania; Rehabilitation of 73 and 88 class locomotives in Tanzania; Rehabilitation of GE locomotives & wagons in Mozambique; Rehabilitation of Traction equipment in Angola and maintenance support to locomotives for CDN, Nacala, Mozambique. (taken from---->Press Information Bureau English Releases

DLW bags order for 16 locomotives from Bangladesh Railways | Global Rail News

These best engines on rails today are the GE Evolution series:

GE Presents Eco-Friendly Locomotives

Even China is buying these engines:

First Of 300 GE China Mainline Locomotives To Arrive In China

lol half knowledge and start jumping... where is the power dude? your god father engine are only capable of 4400hp and ours is 6000hp... rajdhani one
lol here is the link read it understand and dont post craps Indian locomotive class WAP-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Government to buy 58 diesel locomotives from American company
July 12, 2013

Reference:
http://www.brecorder.com/market-data/stocks-a-bonds/0/1209869/

caterpillar.gif

Pakistan will import 58 diesel electric locomotives, costing Rs 19.40 billion from an American company under a new deal to improve Pakistan Railways performance, well placed sources told Business Recorder. The government has placed an order with the American company, Caterpillar, to supply 58 locomotives, sources said, adding that the delivery would start in November 2013 and would complete by June 2014.

November to May , 7 Months Railways will have 60 additional engines

presenting_the_caterpillar_sd70ace_locomotive_1201_by_eternalflame1891-d5j3fky.jpg

Contract was not signed under PML N government but previous government

Ideally we are still waiting for orders for locomotives under PML N government

penguin.png

It would be a great move if additional 50 engines are ordered under PML N league government on urgent basis

i fail to understand,who will pay ??

2ndly, if ***** hate americans and decided to boycott american products than why again american products.?

3rdly, what will happen to deeper than bath tub and higher than camel ,allweather friendship with china?

4thly, ignoring chinis locos andd going for ameican,kya yeah khula tazaaad nahi.

wo khudmukhtari ko kya hua,gaerat kaha gayi

lol half knowledge and start jumping... where is the power dude? your god father engine are only capable of 4400hp and ours is 6000hp... rajdhani one
lol here is the link read it understand and dont post craps Indian locomotive class WAP-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes Sir, good point. But isn't 6,250 hp more than 6,000 hp? That is what the second link says:

"With a peak output of 6,250-horsepower, the engine offers 40% more power at 30% less weight ...."

Of course Sir, now please tell us the weight and fuel consumption of this engine compared to the GE Evolution Series.

lol about weight ? ohk here u go 123t(wag 9), 135t(wag 9h) and yours its 150t :lol:
there is no data right now with me about fuel.. if have any then post it :lol:

Caterpillar engines are actually a good choice as caterpillar specializes in heavy equipment (from labor boots to industrial vehicles) and has been an important part in any industry which requires power or should i say development, so their experience is impeccable :D

their engines are actually used to pump a dense mineral like petroleum aswell so id say :tup:

make sure u guys visit this (check out the engines section) : Cat Products & Services

Caterpillar engines are actually a good choice as caterpillar specializes in heavy equipment (from labor boots to industrial vehicles) and has been an important part in any industry which requires power or should i say development, so their experience is impeccable :D

their engines are actually used to pump a dense mineral like petroleum aswell so id say :tup:

make sure u guys visit this (check out the engines section) : Cat Products & Services

i agree with you

I always compered weight n power... :lol: and lemme add to it.. ours are elcro-diesel which can be compered by elctro... dude I have some sense..... do you?

Indian locos (WAP 5 and WAG 9) are purely electric, while the ones being imported by Pakistan are diesel-electric. Tell me if I have missed something.

Indian locos (WAP 5 and WAG 9) are purely electric, while the ones being imported by Pakistan are diesel-electric. Tell me if I have missed something.

9h are elcrto n diesel
wag 9 got tow variant

and we are comparing it with Chinese. .. yea I agre catapilar are one of the best.. but I was comparing with chines ge

Back
Top Bottom