What's new

Cartoon Blasphemy - Build a Response!

And the page is back

Everybody Draw Mohammed' Page Briefly Vanishes Due to Facebook Glitch

The original "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" Facebook page -- with more than 80,000 followers -- vanished briefly from the website Thursday, causing some users to accuse the social networking giant of censorship before the controversial page reappeared on the site.

Facebook officials said a "small technical issue" prevented users from accessing the page for a "very short period" of time.

"Once alerted to the problem, we resolved it as quickly as possible," the company said in a statement to FoxNews.com. "We want Facebook to be a place where people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while respecting the rights and feelings of others

FOXNews.com - 'Everybody Draw Mohammed' Page Briefly Vanishes Due to Facebook Glitch

well no response needs to be built up. we elect our leaders so they could represent us all and this is wat GoP has done on the orders of LHC. u cant have a better collective response coming out of pakistan than this.

and furthermore i do support wat GoP has done. there is no better way to fight with these groups than on economic front in todays business oriented world. lets say that u allow them to draw cartoons. then who gives the guarantee that they will not move a step further the following day? we all know how is prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) shown in the cartoons. they talk about humour. very well. is a drunken cartoon of Jesus also funny?

better stop a dirty bush from coming out than wasting ur time in trimming it everyday.

well no response needs to be built up. we elect our leaders so they could represent us all and this is wat GoP has done on the orders of LHC. u cant have a better collective response coming out of pakistan than this.

and furthermore i do support wat GoP has done. there is no better way to fight with these groups than on economic front in todays business oriented world. lets say that u allow them to draw cartoons. then who gives the guarantee that they will not move a step further the following day? we all know how is prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) shown in the cartoons. they talk about humour. very well. is a drunken cartoon of Jesus also funny?

better stop a dirty bush from coming out than wasting ur time in trimming it everyday.
thats right... people who say that lets 'educate' people, dude this things works upto an extent, when you are driving abroad you dont go above a certain speed limit not because you are citizen who considers every driver on the road is his 'road fella' and over speeding might upset some, but only because you know that you will receive a nice snap of you car the very next day with a huge notice and fine next to it!!!! either it be us asians or other people we only obey the law under the fear of being held up!!!

US slams blasphemous Facebook images

WASHINGTON: The US has deplored blasphemous images of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) on Facebook as “deeply offensive to both Muslims and non-Muslims alike”, saying America does not condone expressions that lead to violence or hatred. The US State Department also expressed respect for any actions that need to be taken under Pakistani law to protect their citizens from offensive speech, but expected a balance between restricting offensive material and ensuring flow of information for the Internet users. “Obviously, this is a difficult and challenging issue. Many of the images that appear today on Facebook were deeply offensive to Muslims and non-Muslims alike,” Philip J Crowley, assistant secretary of state, said. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Why should the state dictate what I can or cannot see on the internet? If you don't like the Drawings why go to that page? Whats the point of banning youtube. There are tons and tons of anti islamic videos on Youtube as well as Islamic Videos.

Fact is people should be smart enough to NOT click on things they DONT want to watch period. I do enjoy using Facebook because i have many friends from around the world and now i cant because of some emo-people who are so offended that they are going about burning tires in the street like a bunch of numbnuts. Quiet frankly i call it the placebo effect rather than actual outrage

You cant keep banning things on the Internet, you have to accept the fact that the Internet is a massive information highway where information comes from almost every corner. It's up to every individual to take responsibility and avoid information that he doesn't like or finds offensive rather than tell mama and papa to remove it for them.

Here is my suggestion - Don't get your panties in a bunch and infringe upon the rights of others living in a different nation from drawing images or talking about a figure (the Prophet Mohammed) that they do not care about.

The response of Muslims protesting this currently and calling for 'punitive action to prevent such a travesty from occurring again' should be to finally grow up, act like adults, and learn to ignore attempts to instigate them.

Seriously, how many people here know of that kid in college or school that everyone loved to pick on because he always gave you a great reaction?

Yup, that 'kid' who was so much fun to instigate because he would get offended/outraged over the slightest joke is what Muslims protesting these cartoons have turned into.

perfectly said sir leave them to their own freedom of speech.after doing many times .when their will be no response they will die their own death.

shame on them i really feel bad for such davlish minds they need to read history of great prophet Muhammad(PBUH)..
i always wonder how many muslims take these issues very lightly..i have seen many peoples they dont care of these stupid activities because we are very far from our religion
oh Allah make us true muslims and guide us to staight path Ameen
We Can Die 4 Our Great Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) he was mercy for the all mandkind

Back
Top Bottom