What's new

Career in the military as a soldier to an officer.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AoA Jhuma Mubarak to all.
Guys from the past 1 year I was planning my career but I had a enormous shock with my A levels when I scored a bad grade in Chemistry but I took the time and did 3 other A levels from natural and social sciences.
My age limit for long course is gone since I had to retake my exams , which was a dissapointment at first but I've come to live with it.
I visited the ASRC and they were very helpful with every bit of information I asked them however I have two questions which I'm seeking at the very moment.
A- Is going Pakistan army as a soldier worth it ? Will I be treated differently somehow? (I was told Actually most people in army would instead sympathise with soldiers who become officers ,is this true ?)
Are the duties very hard ? It's not a problem for me to wake up and readjust my sleeping habits but it's a problem if I don't have my phone for alarms.
I've heard applying from here in Rawalpindi most would get postings to chowkis , as we have one entry to a corp who operates soldiers in chowkis ( is this true).?
B-This is the most important part, most people say promotions for soldiers are not above colonel is this true ? Can I rise above those ranks if I show my commitment and hard work ?
I'm just joining the army out of my own interests , response will be appreciated from people with army backgrounds
@Xeric sir i saw your posts and read some of them from older threads on the forum can you help me with my questions ?
Thanks

Its better to pursue some other profession then join the army as a soldier. You are an Alevel certificate holder and thats a big thing. Don't sacrifice your talent by joining the armed forces as a soldier. Most people that do join as a soldier have no other options.
Well what's wrong with being a soldier ? Most of my friends already left abroad I just want to do what I like besides I don't have much options because I will have to do the now mandatory 4 years worth of graduation because A levels in Pakistan is very much useless best you can do is land at a call centre Job or do graduation drive a taxi maybe? And trust me there are people my age doing this , I don't see how's that different from being a soldier.

I can't sit my *** at that school boy routine for another 4 years for a degree.

Trust me many people already told me that being a soldier is blah blah blah but hey I don't care what people say I just wanna know if it's fair and through hard work the army would treat me as equals or there is something which will always hinder my career promotions in the army ?
Can I go above the rank of brigadier ? Then it's all good.

I don't know if I'll make it man but I'm just chasing my dreams that's all.

the answer lies in your post . To be or not to be
Well both questions remain unanswered , I used to ask djinn these types of questions and he used to answer every damn time :(

Well both questions remain unanswered , I used to ask djinn these types of questions and he used to answer every damn time :(

ma sadkay , Give this idea a rest buddy. Yuu got so much potential to excel in life . I suggest yuu go for either some medical or engineering military college . What do you say ?

AoA Jhuma Mubarak to all.
Guys from the past 1 year I was planning my career but I had a enormous shock with my A levels when I scored a bad grade in Chemistry but I took the time and did 3 other A levels from natural and social sciences.
My age limit for long course is gone since I had to retake my exams , which was a dissapointment at first but I've come to live with it.
I visited the ASRC and they were very helpful with every bit of information I asked them however I have two questions which I'm seeking at the very moment.
A- Is going Pakistan army as a soldier worth it ? Will I be treated differently somehow? (I was told Actually most people in army would instead sympathise with soldiers who become officers ,is this true ?)
Are the duties very hard ? It's not a problem for me to wake up and readjust my sleeping habits but it's a problem if I don't have my phone for alarms.
I've heard applying from here in Rawalpindi most would get postings to chowkis , as we have one entry to a corp who operates soldiers in chowkis ( is this true).?
B-This is the most important part, most people say promotions for soldiers are not above colonel is this true ? Can I rise above those ranks if I show my commitment and hard work ?
I'm just joining the army out of my own interests , response will be appreciated from people with army backgrounds
@Xeric sir i saw your posts and read some of them from older threads on the forum can you help me with my questions ?
Thanks

Joining the army is a sacrifice. It will not be easy, you will be told to do things you don't want to do, you will be put in danger. Nobody should do it for a salary, do it only if you are willing to submit fully to the will of your CO and to risk everything. There is honour in doing so, but don't expect a massive salary, bungalows etc.

Many young people your age suffer from academic fatigue. You will struggle in life without having a profession. Many people today consider a profession to be a degree. It could be, or it could be a trade. Perhaps you should take a year out and work, or so some social work for an NGO? It will give you time to think. IT is a great career choice anywhere in the world, maybe you could learn to program?

Here are some free online self paced courses - https://www.futurelearn.com/

I can't sit my *** at that school boy routine for another 4 years for a degree.

Friends in US did bachelors (electrical/computer engineering, arabic, biochem) and went on to join the officer corps getting hands on leadership experience which will look great once they decide to leave. Anyone can join the Military, you aim a gun, stand around, and take orders. But what do you want to do after?

A total of 12 year education is a joke in the changing world.

ma sadkay , Give this idea a rest buddy. Yuu got so much potential to excel in life . I suggest yuu go for either some medical or engineering military college . What do you say ?
lol same thing 4 years are the standard now.
I would rather follow the tradition of my family from last 2 generations and become a CSS officer instead but that requires graduation.
I could apply and land at a university abroad but what comes next? I would be leaving the country for good.
I have examples of people who can't come visit pk due to their job dedication.
And that last part "what do you say" is super confusing every time people say it after giving the ultra opposite response, it leaves me hanging every time man : @
Butt thanks lot

Joining the army is a sacrifice. It will not be easy, you will be told to do things you don't want to do, you will be put in danger. Nobody should do it for a salary, do it only if you are willing to submit fully to the will of your CO and to risk everything. There is honour in doing so, but don't expect a massive salary, bungalows etc.

Many young people your age suffer from academic fatigue. You will struggle in life without having a profession. Many people today consider a profession to be a degree. It could be, or it could be a trade. Perhaps you should take a year out and work, or so some social work for an NGO? It will give you time to think. IT is a great career choice anywhere in the world, maybe you could learn to program?

Here are some free online self paced courses - https://www.futurelearn.com/

Sir thank you for the valuable input , regarding first paragraph I know the risks involved , I'm aware what I'm about to face and have prepared myself mentally being posted anywhere in the country however I know I won't be outside as regular drafts here they say is in dsg corps , but this is also what I'm afraid the most I know how to blend in though but I don't know what I will do if the CO is a **** , what happens if I turn back or say no ? Will I be executed upon court martial?.
I know I won't get big banglows neither do I want them , I also know what will be my salary but I'm okay with it.

@Phoebus im not going to join the army in order to learn how to shoot a gun , I want to join because I want to learn war tactics and strategy.
However you said something important, does it mean I cannot leave once I join ?
What about joining as a NCO instead?
In the west people who become soldiers are the ones respected the most yet in our country why is there such a measure attached to it.

Anyone can join the Military, you aim a gun, stand around, and take orders. But what do you want to do after?

I will do what the CO tells me to do , I know how to blend in , I'm not like the ordinary Momma boy graduates for a change , they are the best patriots when they say but many of them took the first flights out of the country .
I know how to give respect sir because if you give respect you earn it back, can't expect to have it if I won't earn it.
I won't mind calling my CO Sir and following his orders.
I know standing at point is hard but that's how life is , if I die for my country I'm a shaheed and that's good enough for me.

Yes I know that , but if I'm a soldier then I already passed the fitness test, I know ISSB is a whole different level but i also know how it goes so ...
I will be applying after a year or perhaps less in service as a soldier for ISSB I think I got the balls to serve as a soldier in that time frame. If not at least I will retire as a Sargent lol

I would rather follow the tradition of my family from last 2 generations and become a CSS officer instead but that requires graduation.

now it requires a Pakistani master degree aka m.a/msc/b.s honors to be a c.s.p :D

And that last part "what do you say" is super confusing every time people say it after giving the ultra opposite response, it leaves me hanging every time man : @
:lol: Wish you best of luck lil bro

now it requires a Pakistani master degree aka m.a/msc/b.s honors to be a c.s.p :D

:lol: Wish you best of luck lil bro

Lol not yet bro it's being classified / professionalised later on ATM its graduates prerequisite for CSS.
But thanks for the wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom