What's new

Canadians get a taste of life without snow

Luckily the temp popped backed up to 52F (11C) today since it's raining so hard now that if it was snow we probably would have 3 meter drifts.

Dang i remember - 30 in toronto in january with heavy snow...
Maybe delay winter will last longer or cycle is changing.. summer will be winter and winter turn into summer.

it was 57F/14C today

Tomorrow...8 inches of snow.

Looks like the weather gods like to have their fun with us mortals. :D

denver-cold-snap.png

Last edited:
Looks like the weather gods like to have their fun with us mortals. :D

denver-cold-snap.png

So with a solid white surface outside with all the snow I noticed something that I didn't notice last year.

03-lighting.jpg

More people around me have replaced their sconce bulbs with more powerful LED bulbs (or at least whiter)

ElecSoffit-5.JPG

..and added downward facing soffit lighting

Now even at midnight with the sky dark it's pretty bright outside with the lights bouncing around off the snow.

So with a solid white surface outside with all the snow I noticed something that I didn't notice last year.

03-lighting.jpg

More people around me have replaced their sconce bulbs with more powerful LED bulbs (or at least whiter)

ElecSoffit-5.JPG

..and added downward facing soffit lighting

Now even at midnight with the sky dark it's pretty bright outside with the lights bouncing around off the snow.

The lighting looks great.

Snow in Canada .. ?

Forget snow ,,, yar Canada ka visa le dy koi Canadian Bhai .. Koi invitation totion letter please

Snow in Canada .. ?

Forget snow ,,, yar Canada ka visa le dy koi Canadian Bhai .. Koi invitation totion letter please

Canadian visas may be obtained without invitation letters, meray bhai.

Boo for 0F/ -18C outside...

Yay for central heating

Now its -9F/-23C

Last edited:
So yesterday it was back up to 59F/15C... a 68F/38C degree swing in a week. No snow left on the ground.

My father explained me how snowy Tehran was back 60 years ago .. when they needed to make a path not from the doors but from roof to go out ...it wasn't possible to get out through doors .. even when I was child there was enough snow to make several igloos in our yard .. but nowadays ... although we've experienced 24% increase in precipitation in comparison by last fall still is far away from my childhood and norms ...

The weather is really wacky. Back down to 0C two days ago and then today it hit 60F/15.5C

A few days ago everybody was doing this:
cozy-direct-vent-gas-fireplace.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom