What's new

Canada denies visa to Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia , again cites war crimes act.

Regardless of whether the GoI coerces the Canadians to concede on the visa issue, I think the point has been made that the IA and other paramilitary organizations have engaged in HR abuses and atrocities in J&K and elsewhere.

So are most of the Armed forces around the world. Pakistan army is not angel either with the killings done by them in Baluchistan and other areas. Chinese army has its own human rights violation cases so is US/Canadian/UK/Australia army Europe in general has done huge human rights violations.

Civilians mistakenly get killed when Army is acting against separatist movement. There is no way that can be prevented.

Canadians action is purely hypocritical if they act selectively I hope they will take similar actions against all the armed forces around the world as none of them are saints.

Let’s see what happens next and how India responds back to this hypocrisy

what does Bangali or illegal immigration have to do with this topic?

he was linking this action to bangladeshi border issues as well read the posts form the begining than comment. Also if we are talking only about on topic commets then why does khalistan appears in every Anti-India threads?

Last edited:
Rather interesting insight into the mindset of Indians, but then we knew this from their position on Kashmir, where the opinions and rights (self determination) of millions occupied in Kashmir matter little to Indians.

True agno..rather like selling off land you do not own, and land that you dispute other's right to, to buy friends like Pakistan did with China right?

Regardless of whether the GoI coerces the Canadians to concede on the visa issue, I think the point has been made that the IA and other paramilitary organizations have engaged in HR abuses and atrocities in J&K and elsewhere.

It is interesting that many Indians are not even bothering to question the accusations leveled, and merely moving to the argument 'when rules are against you, India breaks/bends the rules'.

Rather interesting insight into the mindset of Indians, but then we knew this from their position on Kashmir, where the opinions and rights (self determination) of millions occupied in Kashmir matter little to Indians.

Lets see how canada responds before stamping this as a vicotry of the propoganda that pakistan have been raising.

Well, india have high regards about their armed forces and we disagree with what you have to say and what some canadians have to say. Its simple as that, and this have been our position for long.

So blanket accusations, of a country which is wrong as you yourselves say many times when you are accused of having institutional ties with terrorists, is true to my countries armed forces too.

Last edited:
Now, Canadian Mission Humiliates Punjab Police​
Chandigarh: The rejection of the immigration application of former Border Security Force (BSF) jawan Fateh Singh Pandher, 60, by the Canadian high commission was not an isolated incident.

A few Punjab police officers have been meted out similar treatment by the commission, which called the BSF a notoriously violent force engaging in systematic torture on Friday.

The requests of additional director-general (crime) Rajan Gupta and Patiala SSP RS Khatra for a Canadian visa were turned down by the mission as they were involved in “anti-military activity” and therefore, party to human rights violations in Punjab.

The officers sought the visa for a personal visit. Top police officers in Punjab say the commission has made sweeping allegations against the officers without verifying if there was any case of human rights violation against them.

The officers have taken up the matter with the Union home ministry and wonder if “the fact that an officer was posted in a district during militancy has became a ground for the rejection of a visa”.

Sources said police officers applying for a Canadian visa now need to fill a separate form mentioning the places where they were posted. It is learnt that the Canadian embassy has identified six districts, including those on the Indo-Pak border, where the police have come down heavily on militants to quell violence.

IPS officials feel the commission’s decision may be due to pressure from Canada-based Sikh human rights organisations, which had been taking up the cause of Punjab militants from time to time.

Police officers feel this is another attempt by some organisations to run them down for their fight against militancy.

In its rejection letter to Pandher, the Canadian high commission claimed the BSF was “responsible for committing crime against humanity” and he was part of it. Pandher, who retired from the BSF a decade ago, had applied for a visa in April 2005 as he wanted to be with his only daughter, who lives in Canada.

Now, Canadian mission humiliates Punjab police - dnaindia.com

:whistle:

I know there are atrocities in Kashmir, but those are done by individuals not a policy of GoI. Calling BSF a violent organization which works against a 'particular community' because of some troopers wrong-doing is as offensive as saying all muslims are terrorists. Indian armed forces are most secular organization that exists in India.

Good.

Much better way of addressing the issue than saying 'India will just bend the rules' :tup:

True agno..rather like selling off land you do not own, and land that you dispute other's right to, to buy friends like Pakistan did with China right?

Ahh, but the land was not owned by anyone (i.e uninhabited) and under the UNSC resolutions (in case of a plebscite) the land would have been either Pakistan's (in which case the current Sino-Pak arrangement is retained) or India's (in which case the transfer specifically states that the Chinese must resolve the issue of ownership with the Indians).

while this is neither the time nor venue to discuss cow fecal matter, did you just aknowledge that ''cow dung'' is holy in india and should be respected?
2dqsxhu.gif

(sorry mods, honest)

You are a member of 'Think tank' and don't say that you were not able to understand his intention while mentioning 'holy cow'. Cow is a God like creature among Hindus, we know that very well. Yes, cow is considered as holy and God among Hindus. We pray it many times and sometimes eat cowdung for religious reason.

Now your friend can't even understand that this is neither 'time or venue' to discuss holy cow. But instead of telling him to clam down, you are encouraging the fact!!!! Religious insults or attacks are not very difficult whether it is for Hindus, Muslims, Christians or Jews. You play with other's religious sentiments but it is neither possible, nor done by Indian members because that is the difference and we should maintain it.

Cow is a God like creature among Hindus, we know that very well. Yes, cow is considered as holy and God among Hindus. We pray it many times and sometimes eat cowdung for religious reason.

thank you for the valuable information.

Accept my apologies if I offended you, your god and/or your 'rituals'.

Now your friend can't even understand that this is neither 'time or venue' to discuss holy cow. But instead of telling him to clam down, you are encouraging the fact!!!! Religious insults or attacks are not very difficult whether it is now Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Jews. You play with other's religious sentiments but it is neither possible, nor done by Indian members because that is the difference and we should maintain it.

your concerns have been noted and will be reviewed

keep in mind -- 'twas not I, sir. I registered a query.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he isn't my ''friend'' per se. This is the internet.

With that behind us, let's go back to the topic.

I apologise too, Not for the post but for bringing the religious aspect into that post.

Thanks AgnosticMuslim for deleting the post.

What is the 'retaliatory action' being threatened to obscure human rights violations and atrocities?

banning/advising students against going to Canada?

can't think of much other leverage

India should stop issuing visas to any canadian police officers for protecting killers of hundreds in the Kanishka bombing case and to all govt related people for their abysmal failures on the aboroginal rights issues!

As to the leverage India has on Canada, not much, but Canada als doesn't have any leverage with us, the question is about not leverage or any real damage, its about trading insults, and there we can always find a way :)

Last edited:
India should stop issuing visas to any canadian police officers for protecting killers of hundreds in the Kanishka bombing case and to all govt related people for their abysmal failures on the aboroginal rights issues!

werent the suspects in Kanishka case arrested?

some were released due to lack of evidence (court-ruling)

Back
Top Bottom