What's new

Canada denies visa to Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia , again cites war crimes act.

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
'Biased' Canada insults India again

26 May 2010, 1618 hrs IST

A week after Canada refused BSF constable Fateh Singh Pandher a visa on grounds that he was associated with a 'notoriously violent force', two more shocking cases have emerged.

The first case is one of retired Lieutenant General AS Bahia a member of defence appellate tribunal who has alleged that Canadian Home office refused to grant him a visa because he had served in Jammu & Kashmir and his unit the Rashtriya Rifles according to Canada was involved in rights violations.

After the insult, Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia has said that he applied for a Canadian visa and it was refused. He added that he has written to appropriate Indian Government authorities on the issue.

Content of Bahia's letter read: "I had applied for a canadian visa. It was refused. I have written to appropriate Indian government authorities." Bahia says that he did not volunteer to go to J & K. He was sent there. If that is so, why shouldn't the government of India look after mine and other officers' interests now?"

Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia is a member of the defence appellate tribunal and even Commanded a Rashtriya Rifles in J&K. He was even a Brigadier and General staff with 16 corps.

The canadian government has only quoted from amnesty international's report which says that india committed war crimes that led to the death of 70,000 people.
Letter of the Canadian high commission to judge states his visa is being denied under war crime act of Canada. The consulate general of Canada in a letter to judge Bahia said that he was posted in Jammu and Kashmir with the Indian defence forces.

The Canadian high commission also said: There are concerns over your tenure in J & K."

Quoting Amnesty International, the letter said defence forces were involved in certain excesses in the region which is violation of their law and thus his tourist visa application shall be rejected.

The second case involves an ex-IB officer of deputy director rank who has been denied a visa because the Canadian government beleives he will snoop around. The Ministry of Home Affairs has strongly opposed it through MEA.

Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao reacting on fresh cases of visas being denied by Canada high commission said the Indian high commission would take up the matter with the government. Expressing concern over the matter, she said India would take up the matter seriously.

The issue first came to light when the Canadian high commission deniad a visa to a retired Border Security Force (BSF) trooper Fateh Singh Pandher on grounds that he was associated with a 'notoriously violent force'.

'The matter was taken up immediately with the Canadian high commission,' Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters. "We take this matter very seriously. We have expressed concern and we continue to take this seriously," Rao said.

Last week, the Canadian high commission refused a visa to Fateh Singh Pandher, a retired BSF constable, on grounds that he was associated with a 'notoriously violent force'.

The denial of visa and the reason given for it sparked public outrage in India, prompting the Canadian authorities to go on a damage control exercise.

Government sources have told TIMES NOW that India's track record on human rights is better than many other powers. Sources add that the canadian government has no right to hold all individual officers responsible.

Link:

'Biased' Canada insults India again- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Cant they stick to something...first deny...then they say they have respect for armed forces..and now they again deny..I bet now they will again come up with something opposite . :lol:

I don't see any change in Canadian actions. Some members from a certain nation are really delusional.

This time they denied visa to Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia. Accusing him of war crimes.

Its high time Delhi put a leash on the likes of BSF.

Canadian proverb: If you commit war crimes as defined by Canada, you can't go to Canada.

The canadian government has only quoted from amnesty international's report which says that india committed war crimes that led to the death of 70,000 people.

I'd like to know which amnesty report says so, as amnesty only been allowed to visit Kashmir recently and they haven't delivered any report as yet.

I don't see any change in Canadian actions. Some members from a certain nation are really delusional.

This time they denied visa to Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia. Accusing him of war crimes.

Actually these are old cases which came to media attention now, Canada may or may not stick to her words, but only future will tell if there will be any change in their actions.

well its times now news, not worth commenting. Though Arnab Goswamy is fun to watch, I only waiting for the day he and Suhel Seth get an opportunity to refute each other.

Canadian proverb: If you commit war crimes as defined by Canada, you can't go to Canada.

Maybe you should go check the news and update yourself before indulging in BS :lol:

We have great respect for India's armed forces: Canada - India - The Times of India

the above is exactly what i said

BTW...the report was made in year 2000...for some reason it took 10 year for them to read the Kashmir part :D

I have to say this reeks of double standards. The same Canada is ok with LTTE supporters and ex-Khalistani bombers living amongst them.

Last edited:
'Biased' Canada insults India again

26 May 2010, 1618 hrs IST

A week after Canada refused BSF constable Fateh Singh Pandher a visa on grounds that he was associated with a 'notoriously violent force', two more shocking cases have emerged.

The first case is one of retired Lieutenant General AS Bahia a member of defence appellate tribunal who has alleged that Canadian Home office refused to grant him a visa because he had served in Jammu & Kashmir and his unit the Rashtriya Rifles according to Canada was involved in rights violations.

After the insult, Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia has said that he applied for a Canadian visa and it was refused. He added that he has written to appropriate Indian Government authorities on the issue.

Content of Bahia's letter read: "I had applied for a canadian visa. It was refused. I have written to appropriate Indian government authorities." Bahia says that he did not volunteer to go to J & K. He was sent there. If that is so, why shouldn't the government of India look after mine and other officers' interests now?"

Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia is a member of the defence appellate tribunal and even Commanded a Rashtriya Rifles in J&K. He was even a Brigadier and General staff with 16 corps.

Letter of the Canadian high commission to judge states his visa is being denied under war crime act of Canada. The consulate general of Canada in a letter to judge Bahia said that he was posted in Jammu and Kashmir with the Indian defence forces.

The Canadian high commission also said: There are concerns over your tenure in J & K."

Quoting Amnesty International, the letter said defence forces were involved in certain excesses in the region which is violation of their law and thus his tourist visa application shall be rejected.

The second case involves an ex-IB officer of deputy director rank who has been denied a visa because the Canadian government beleives he will snoop around. The Ministry of Home Affairs has strongly opposed it through MEA.

Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao reacting on fresh cases of visas being denied by Canada high commission said the Indian high commission would take up the matter with the government. Expressing concern over the matter, she said India would take up the matter seriously.

The issue first came to light when the Canadian high commission deniad a visa to a retired Border Security Force (BSF) trooper Fateh Singh Pandher on grounds that he was associated with a 'notoriously violent force'.

'The matter was taken up immediately with the Canadian high commission,' Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters. "We take this matter very seriously. We have expressed concern and we continue to take this seriously," Rao said.

Last week, the Canadian high commission refused a visa to Fateh Singh Pandher, a retired BSF constable, on grounds that he was associated with a 'notoriously violent force'.

The denial of visa and the reason given for it sparked public outrage in India, prompting the Canadian authorities to go on a damage control exercise.

Government sources have told TIMES NOW that India's track record on human rights is better than many other powers. Sources add that the canadian government has no right to hold all individual officers responsible.

Link:

'Biased' Canada insults India again- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Hold your horses....

Fateh Singh Pandher visa was denied on Dec 8, 2009. Does this means new cases were reported on Dec 15 2009 ???

Nothing to look in here, just some arm twisting and high moral ground taken by Indian establishment before India-canada summit.

Fallstuff, BSF is not brutal but we don't want to house millions of Bangladeshis on our soil. Canada will understand that once it has border with BD. Neither canada nor any other country can help you there, consider this decision revoked by canada soon and then you can shove your thumbs up your.........

Indian proverb : If rules don't suit you, bend it and make them suit you.

Ex

Australia mulls waiver to sell uranium to India

With India making an entry into the global nuclear technology market on the back of the Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement, the Australian government may now look at modifying its domestic rules to enable uranium export to India.

By law AU don't sell nuclear fuel to non signatory of CTBT.

Wow nothing could be more embarrassing for India then this.Why Canada is taking so much interest in this Kashmir dispute..They could just deny the visa without any reason but they are giving these reasons specifically..

Watch them backtrack and quickly approve the visa.

Canada will apologize my foot. It will sugar coat it again. Nothing will change.

Indian fanboys, get some anti delusional drugs to treat your issues or bury your heads in the sand. Cause there is more coming your way. :D

Wow nothing could be more embarrassing for India then this.Why Canada is taking so much interest in this Kashmir dispute..They could just deny the visa without any reason but they are giving these reasons specifically..

I know. you don't have to give any official reason. They are denying the visa and for some reason they are rubbing it on their faces.

why start a usual flame bait rant :flame: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom