What's new

Can There Ever Be Peace Between India And Pakistan?

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Many Pakistanis contend that peace will be ushered in if the Kashmir imbroglio is solved according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people whilst keeping the interests of India and Pakistan in mind.

I would go one further and say, what if the following disputes are resolved, would peace follow?

 Kashmir
 Siachen
 Sir Creek
 Water disputes.

Frankly, I do not think that resolving all outstanding issues would bring peace to the subcontinent. It is clear that vested interests on both sides would perhaps never let that happen. Fundamentalists in Pakistan as well as India have their own agendas for perpetuating a hostile environment for their own political ends.

Will the twain ever meet? That’s the million dollar question!

Most young Pakistanis wish for peace with India.

Its just the old guard who are obsessed with India. When we finally have Generals and Leaders who were born in the 1970's or later, then we can have peace.

So Maybe by 2025.

Let us solve easy problems/issue to build the confidence and mutual respect. Start trade and commerce and open the borders. Only after that we can discuss the last problem of Kashmir and not make it first. Even a child starts walking slowly and not runs on the stairs. However, before we become too hopeful, we have to demand the ISPR and military leadership to show their change of attitude. While these two countries were talking peace the army leaders were planning the Kargil fiasco.
The conflict with India is a matter of high importance to the army. By being friends with India and having the nuclear weapons why would we need half a million army? No wonder every war happened during the army rule in Pakistan.

If there is peace then for mullahs the doctrine of Pakistan takes another tumble, just like after Bangladesh. Hence they do not want to be friends with India. The secular democracy in India and supremacy of constitution is not liked by some Pakistani elites, hence the walls of hatred. The issue of Kashmir is the real triumph card for these people to keep a huge loaded army. There are several options for Kashmir and we should not go for zero sum game.

I've said this before on this forum before my 2+ year ban.

Peace between India and Pakistan, true peace, will only come when one loses the ability to wage war.

Till then, the detente continues.

Peace between India and Pakistan, true peace, will only come when one loses the ability to wage war.

Then there will be no peace. Neither side will disarm you best learn to swallow that reality first.

Wow, 2 Year ban.

You must have done some epic trolling to get that ban. :D

Many Pakistanis contend that peace will be ushered in if the Kashmir imbroglio is solved according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people whilst keeping the interests of India and Pakistan in mind.

I would go one further and say, what if the following disputes are resolved, would peace follow?

 Kashmir
 Siachen
 Sir Creek
 Water disputes.

Frankly, I do not think that resolving all outstanding issues would bring peace to the subcontinent. It is clear that vested interests on both sides would perhaps never let that happen. Fundamentalists in Pakistan as well as India have their own agendas for perpetuating a hostile environment for their own political ends.

Pakistan and India have spent their entire modern existences bleeding each other out. The only way there will be peace is if a common enemy emerges and for the first time ever both nations bleed for one another. Other then that the void on a people to people basis is to large I mean it is so evident just look at this forum. Not to mention you already mentioned parties who benefit from the hostilities. :coffee:

 Kashmir
 Siachen
 Sir Creek
 Water disputes.

Yes, eventually it will happen... I just hope when it does we are not in hundreds but still in hundred of millions...

Main Hurdle Towards Peace:

1. Pakistan's unstable democracy and recurring Army coups (votes come on Hate India campaign)
2. Kashmir insurgency
3. India's bullying tactics
4. Corruption (as it disables economic growth, which result in mass blaming reasoning)
5. Unable to understand West & Chinese vested interest (Pakistan leasing it's army to US and now China and spending more than they are getting economically)

regards,
FF

Most young Pakistanis wish for peace with India.

Its just the old guard who are obsessed with India. When we finally have Generals and Leaders who were born in the 1970's or later, then we can have peace.

So Maybe by 2025.

kayani will be the last COAS of Pakistan to have experienced 1971 first hand. Expectation is that post that, the stances will be little softer..

Back
Top Bottom