What's new

Can Russia and Pakistan form an alliance?

Can Russia and Pakistan form an alliance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the natl govt in Afg was possible the US and Pakistan would not be in the fix they are in -- Essentially, Pakistan, I think, will find that it just can't go on the way it has been - all it it will take is the US shutting the IMF tap and I for one sincerely hope it does

Saad, what if I was to argue that the problem is not what kind of govt in Afg but rather what kind of Pakistan -- cooperating with the Russian means. let me be blunt, killing off the islamicans - yes, there is no escaping this, whether you turn to China, or Russia or the West or India or anybody at all, Pakistan it seems to me, must begin with doing away with the Islamicans.

I do very much agree that there is a lot to talk about, but the first step any onbe who hopes to partner with Pakistan, is waiting to see from Pakistan, is the efficiency with which Pakistan are willing to do what needs to be done with regard to the Islamicans --- My own take is that Pakistan simply cannot do this -- Why?? Well, because while attention is centered on the Laskars and jundallah and dawa and whatever, it's the jamaat and the Ulema hand in glove with some official types, who are the substance of the islamicans.

Yes, I realize this is not a popular notion in Pakistan -- Pakistan just may be better off riding out the US (the US will create ever greater problems for Pakistan) and hope that the irrelevance of the US will be a long term phenomenon

Do you think that Russia and Pakistan can help each other in WOT and a relationship beyond that?

Trade, cultural exchange, tourism, energy resources etc

Russia and Pakistan---History is repeating itself, though Russia replaced America!
Yes Its possible and RUSSIAN HAS VISITED PAKISTAN FOR INVESTMENTS ON DIFFERENT COMPANIES.

Russia will welcome trade and commerce with open arms but I don't see an alliance at all.

Even Russia-India partnership is strategic and involves arms trade worth billions of dollars. Just because they approved the sale of multi-purpose helicopters and jet engines, it does not mean that they are moving away from India. How can we match the $30 billion fifth-gen fighter deal between them, let alone other trade??

They can not risk that relationship for anyone. But I will say again, trade in other sectors will be welcomed.

Russia can export energy while Pakistan can export other goods. Gwadar Port can also help CARs and Russia, not to mention, China...
already some definated degree are alliances,because of with china ,china with russa,and all to usa

Back
Top Bottom