What's new

Can nukes really destroy the world?

I won't pen down words but this image pretty much explains.
Real Japan
http://www.iwu.edu/~rwilson/hiroshima/rama2.htm
http://www.iwu.edu/~rwilson/hiroshima/rama3.htm

imaginative.
FalloutCarrier.jpg

Yes teacher. I am sorry for not knowing the ' correct' answer.

By merely flying a western flag next to your name does not make anyone tolerant.

On the underlined part above. Son, I did not seek your permission to join this forum nor do I need your advice on what I should write. Dont like it - lump it.Mods do their job well here & shall do the pruning.

I just noticed that I have been thanked more number of times when compared to all the posts you have made...

Better still , come back when you grow up a little.

don't bicker with me by posting nonsensical replies little child.

It's thought that a hypothetical condition called "nuclear winter" would set in where so much ejecta from ground bursts and ash from burnt flammables would be in the atmosphere that the sunlight would be largely blocked out for an extended period of time.

Nuclear winter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 2008 study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science found that a nuclear weapons exchange between Pakistan and India using their current arsenals could create a near- global ozone hole, triggering human health problems and wreaking environmental havoc for at least a decade. The computer-modeling study looked at a nuclear war between the two countries involving 50 Hiroshima-sized nuclear devices on each side, producing massive urban fires and lofting as much as five million metric tons of soot about 50 miles (80 km) into the stratosphere. The soot would absorb enough solar radiation to heat surrounding gases, setting in motion a series of chemical reactions that would break down the stratospheric ozone layer protecting Earth from harmful ultraviolet radiation.

'Earth' would barely be scratched.

However, the lives upon Earth would be greatly reduced, and many would go extinct. I do not include Homosapiens among those. We are the only creature that can predict our doom, and be able to survive it. There's too many of us.

Picture is of fallout 3 concept art. A game that takes place in the aftermath of a nuclear exchange between China and the U.S.

fallout_3_3.jpg

We have video games about alien invasion also..But how realistic are these?:P

its an invention to end all inventions
life on world will never be the same!

we cannot say if life will survive, and i hope we nevr find out!!

World is

4,000,000,000 years old

Radio Active Fall Out will kill humans and pollute the lands for 50-200 years.
Which is not even eye blink in term of age of earth.

So world will not be destroyed , it will wipe of all life no doubt but once the radioactivity will reside things will grow back, there would be plants but with out insects , they won't be able to grow or fertilize in numbers so life will reemerge in patches ...

But it won't be rich and diverse as it is know

Current Evolution Started as follow

> Water -> plants -> oxygen -> Diverse life -> ozone -> Land migration

If Nuclear weapons destroy life , alot of life forms will be gone for ever
may be only 1-2 % will be back and even those will lively be just plants and microbes for few billion years

Plant life is known to grow back rapidly

If you mean total inhalation then well not possible .
But again destruction of infra, human life, economies, livelihood etc etc is a far horrible destruction

World is

4,000,000,000 years old

Radio Active Fall Out will kill humans and pollute the lands for 50-200 years.
Which is not even eye blink in term of age of earth.

So world will not be destroyed , it will wipe of all life no doubt but once the radioactivity will reside things will grow back, there would be plants but with out insects , they won't be able to grow or fertilize in numbers so life will reemerge in patches ...

But it won't be rich and diverse as it is know

Current Evolution Started as follow

> Water -> plants -> oxygen -> Diverse life -> ozone -> Land migration

If Nuclear weapons destroy life , alot of life forms will be gone for ever
may be only 1-2 % will be back and even those will lively be just plants and microbes for few billion years

Plant life is known to grow back rapidly

Even tiny bacterias won't be able to survive, if earth magnetic field is destroyed. I think nuclear can also affect the earth atmosphere. so it won't be good even for tiny organisms.

Just look at mars. it has lost his atmosphere and even bacterias cannot survive from sun deadly radiation.

When Japan was nuked, people were saying that Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be radioactive wastelands for thousands of years.

Yet today, these cities are thriving.

When Japan was nuked, people were saying that Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be radioactive wastelands for thousands of years.

Yet today, these cities are thriving.

There were (and are) survivors who never even left the cities. While there were some deaths from radiation, it came nowhere close to destroying "all life in the vicinity." Nukes are wildly overrated IMO.

The Earth's magnetic field comes from its iron core. You can't "blow a hole" in a magnetic field. Ozone-wrecking and nuclear winters are hypotheses, similar to the notion that the Trinity device (first ever nuke) would set the atmosphere on fire and kill everyone. Or that the Super-Collider will make a black hole and suck the entire Earth into it.

In the 1950's to 1960's, there were hundreds of nukes set off above ground in tests. The world continues on its way.

Back
Top Bottom