What's new

Can nukes really destroy the world?

Destroy the Earth is a relative term.

Parts of the earth are already getting destroyed thanks to Global warming. In fact the green house gasses we emit are worse than Nukes , only being in slow motion their ' bang' is not experienced.

On the subject, the Earth may not blow up but shall become inhabitable for considerable lengths of time - as good as destroyed. When life does return, it would be mutated.

Also a nuke at the jugular of the world - along prominent oil & sea routes would bring us all to our knees.

This is the most illiterate post I've read in a while. Instead pretending you know something its better you do not post.

The correct answer to the OP's question is with the world's estimated stockpile of 30,000 nukes they will destroy and world and all life on Earth will cease to exist. The reason being is after the initial nuclear explosion of the 30,000 nukes will kill at least 1-3 billion people, plants and animals. Then those that do surivive the initial explosion will die down the road from the radiation from nuclear fallout. And the remaining will die from the nuclear winter resulting from the nuclear fallout where the the sun's ray will be blocked from entering the Earth. It can be explained in a more complex way but this is a summary.

Last edited:
Depends on one's definition of Destruction of the earth......an earth unfit for human habitation ....with an enormous fallout of Radioactivity....and subsequent pollution and destruction of natural resources is an earth effectively destroyed......

can you support your comment with credible detailed article or links?

Nuclear physicists have expressed that nuclear holocaust might result in an end to human life, civilization on Earth due to the immediate effects of nuclear fallout, the loss of much modern technology due to electromagnetic pulses, or nuclear winter and resulting extinctions.

Just imagine the following fact:

One of the largest U.S. MIRVed missiles, the LGM-118A Peacekeeper, could hold up to 10 warheads, each with a yield of around 300 kilotons—all together, an explosive payload equivalent to 230 Hiroshima-type bombs.

And Japan does not have Hiroshima type 230 cities, which can be decimated by just single MIRV missile.

What about the rest of warheards despersed around the globe, which will be unleashed (second strikes) in a domino effect. The USA and Russia each have 2,000 to 2,500 nuclear weapons on hair trigger alert.

Nuclear winter: mother day baby gift adoption at mothersalert.org mother day baby gift adoption at mothersalert.org

As already said by some it depends on the definition of destruction.

If you count mutated human beings,most of which would be suffering from every cancer imaginable almost everyone would be missing a body part and did i forgot to tell you that radiation destroys the ability to reproduce.

They will be hungry human beings where a father is killing a child for a single drop of water or a mother refuses to share food with her babies,where brother kills brother for a single grain,Where there are no relationships no friends just a never ending struggle for survival where the flesh of some dead man would be a rare and valuable thing.If you Count such things as being alive.

Then of course yes world will not be destroyed.

For all the dreamers watch any nuclear holocaust movie with one of the best being the book of eli just to get an idea of life.

People would be living but they would be wishing death every second of their existence.

But it won't destroy the world... they have the power to do so, but everyone avoids direct conflict. Once everyone has nukes, nobody can nuke another as it will be mutually destructive- hence, they are forced to fight conventionally.

This is the most illiterate post I've read in a while. Instead pretending you know something its better you do not post.

The correct answer to the OP's question is with the world's estimated stockpile of 30,000 nukes they will destroy and world and all life on Earth will cease to exist. The reason being is after the initial nuclear explosion of the 30,000 nukes will kill at least 1-3 billion people, plants and animals. Then those that do surivive the initial explosion will die down the road from the radiation from nuclear fallout. And the remaining will die from the nuclear winter resulting from the nuclear fallout where the the sun's ray will be blocked from entering the Earth. It can be explained in a more complex way but this is a summary.

Yes teacher. I am sorry for not knowing the ' correct' answer.

By merely flying a western flag next to your name does not make anyone tolerant.

On the underlined part above. Son, I did not seek your permission to join this forum nor do I need your advice on what I should write. Dont like it - lump it.Mods do their job well here & shall do the pruning.

I just noticed that I have been thanked more number of times when compared to all the posts you have made...

Better still , come back when you grow up a little.

How credible are the claims that Nukes can create a permanent Nuclear winter by whipping up enough dust into the atmosphere to block sunlight?
As thats the only way life cycle can be disrupted by Nukes.

30 years ago, weren't they saying industrial pollution was going to cause a massive drop in global temperatures? Now they are saying it is causing warming... I think the entire concept of a "nuclear winter" is shaky science at best.

As pointed out, the Yucatan asteroid event that killed the dinosaurs was infinitely more powerful than all nukes combined, and while devastating, plenty of life survived.

The wild card is radiation. The Chernobyl incident released something like 30X the radiation of both Japanese nukes, and while it poisoned an area and killed a lot of people, life goes on well inside the "hot" area, and no, there are no 3-headed birds and such.

So in terms of blast and heat, not even close. The Earth is just too big. Radiation, very hard to say.

"I know what World War III will be fought with but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -Albert Einstein

nukes will change the world for ever, they will rid us of centuries of development but the human race will survive them.

I think nukes destroy the world is symbolic. If someone left after the fall out however everything and everyone they knew are gone then for them their world is destroyed. And ofcourse radioactive fallout will make earth uninhabitable.

YES !! World will be destroyed for living beings.

more important question is whether we humans are stupid enough to do such a thing?

Back
Top Bottom